Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange dream I can't stop thinking about.

George Ford

Hi,

I don't normally share my dreams on here because, well, they are just dreams. But a few nights ago I had an extremely vivid dream that I can't get out of my head. I shall explain what made it stand out from others. This is what happened in the dream:-

I was with a small group of strangers (about 7 I think) at an induction or job interview at a large building (not sure which), and was being shown round the place. It was a large building with mostly glass walls around the downstairs exterior of the building. The man that was showing us round was dressed in suit trousers and a white shirt with a tie but no suit jacket. He was about 30 years old and seemed happy to be showing us around. At first we were shown a large standalone coat hanger rack which we had to put out coats on, I had a relatively heavy 'puffer' style jacket that someone would wear in the winter. We went up two flights of stairs and through a small office area, along a corridor, into a more 'industrial' looking part of the building. We all entered a large room with a metal grid floor, the holes in the grid were squares of about one inch. On the wall opposite where we came in was a green chute which was a rectangle about 4 foot across and 3 foot high. Underneath the grill flooring was lots of corn stuck on another level of grated flooring, but where there were gaps I could see a large room below with a massive mound of corn in it, I would estimate it was several tons worth. At the sides of this second floor you could tell the corn had been there for a few days as some of it was damp and had started to rot, I got the impression that it was not all that important that it was not kept clean as the person showing us round was not bothered.

We went through another room pretty much identical and then came out into a corridor that had closed doors and led to a stairwell. We ended up back downstairs and were in a large lobby area with a room cordoned off. It had some glass walls and along one none-glass wall were about 7 or 8 of the green chutes we had seen upstairs. The only difference was these looked brand new and had a thick glass or perspex cover over the front like a pivot-able front cover in case you wanted to stop things getting in. There was also a large flat screen TV on a table at the opposite end of the room with some advert for these chutes and a pretty woman in a smart navy blue dress suit standing next to the cordon, she looked a bit like an air hostess. I remember thinking she must be waiting for customers to show the chutes to. We walked straight passed this room and went outside.

Outside it was a very bright sunny day and to our right was a long well kept grassy area with several 'market' style tents (those things with just the roof and back part to stop the rain), each of these areas had a table and display of some kind or other but as we followed the man nearer to them I got distracted by a 'gypsy' looking woman on the left who was herding a massive rabbit (as big as 3 seater sofa) towards a less well mowed field. I'd never seen a rabbit that big so followed it and got my phone out my pocket to take a photo. I turned to see I'd been left behind by the others who were being told about the displays by the man who had been showing us round. I followed the rabbit and the lady across the field towards a scrawny wind swept looking hawthorn hedge which was thin enough to see through. On the other side was a freshly ploughed field. Under the hedge I saw dozens of rabbits all coming from just behind me and turned back to see the massive rabbit (which I had walked past) was in fact not one giant rabbit but in fact hundreds of normal sized rabbits that had been grouped so tightly together that they had looked like one giant one. Then before my eyes the shape of the big rabbit dissipated as all the little ones darted about, playing and making there way to hide under the hedge. I realized I'd missed my chance to take a great picture and quickly headed back to the group of people I was supposed to be with. They had already been to all of the displays and were heading back to the building, I saw the man who was showing us round talking to a smartly dressed older man (about 55-60ish) and guessed by the way they were interacting that the older man was either the boss or someone else pretty high up.

I avoided them so as not to get in trouble for wondering off and managed to sneak passed back into the building, the group of new people I had been with were all sitting down in the first place the dream started, next to a vending machine, getting themselves coffees. I quickly went over hoping that the boss would not realize I'd been missing, just as I got there the others started standing up and looking behind me. I turned to see the older guy walking up quickly behind me. I was about to apologize when he said "Well {my name inserted here}, glad you could be bothered to catch up with us". So I apologized and said I'd understand if he did not want to hire me. He was keeping a stern face and seemed to mull it over in his mind before saying, "Well do you want to stay?", I was not sure where I was or what I was doing and suddenly did not want to be there, so I told him no. He looked slightly surprised and asks me to stay so I asked why I was there.

This is when things got odd, I realized it was a dream and I could hear my self speak, not just in the dream, but I think I was sleep talking in real life because I could hear my voice over the top of my dream voice. The boss said, in my voice, "We can teach you, you can teach yourself." I sensed there was not much time left as I'd worked out it was a dream and everything was starting to become unfocused. I asked who he was, and he said, in my voice super imposed over my own voice, "My name is George Ford, remember me and we can teach you anything you want to know here, you just need to acknowledge that you CAN remember". I repeated his name again, and heard my voice superimposed over mine saying that I will remember this dream.

I woke up to the sound of my own voice saying his name again. I'd overslept by 2 hours and got up came downstairs and the first thing I did was Google George Ford, the only 3 people I found were a young rugby player and link to this weird little

story:- http://historywithat...tlefield-bible/

and a link to some old cycle company:- http://www.community...0p2p12p29p.aspx

Now this dream was about 5 days ago I think, and I thought I would have forgotten it but I remembered so much detail from it that I thought I'd share it now just in case anyone can offer any insight.

_EDIT_

Edit for clarity, just been Googling various word combinations with regards to my dream and after looking at some photos, the corn is not Maize but more like Barley or Wheat.

Edited by bulveye
  • Like 4

interesting, have you been able to remember dreams better since or have you gone back to previous ability of dream recall?

Edited by Armchair Educated

interesting, have you been able to remember dreams better since or have you gone back to previous ability of dream recall?

Just back to normal, which is remembering the gist of things, but never in so much detail and clarity for so long. Occasionally I have vivid dreams and can recall most of them including some of the conversations but they just become hazy and blurry after a few minutes or hours. The only other time I've heard myself in dreams before is when I have heard my own loud snoring in a dream. Hearing myself sleep talk is new, in fact it is the 1st time I think I have talked in my sleep. None of my previous girlfriends ever mentioned I had . Also about 2 months ago I believe I slept walked for the 1st time. The only reason I knew was that my pc was on when I came downstairs and I'd been to a computer gaming site and clicked on 3 links between 3am and 3.45am, I had no recollection of going on the site though, it was not part of my dream, unless of course it was at the time but I had forgot by the time I woke up.

The only other slightly weird thing is that over the last few months I will be sitting about doing something i.e, watching tv or having a bath etc when a sudden vivid recollection of a random fragment of dream comes in to my head. It's like I can see it again, and some of the dreams are from many many years ago. But it never felt like there was any sort of message or significance to them.

Edited by bulveye
  • Like 2

What a cool experience.. :tu:

I think this was/is a very significant dream, one that perhaps will change your perceptions about dreams among other things..

Something that stands out to me anyway it the big rabbit, rabbits, and how their appearance heralded your escape from the more mundane group tour/experience.. This IMO is right out of the pages of Alice in Wonderland..

The Interpretation is up to you of course, but George Ford might be meant to be taken separately. George (farmer) Ford (river crossing)

• Like 1

I'd suggest next time your in a vivid dream and you are aware of it call out George Ford and see what happens. Its unlikely to do anything but who knows.

i suddenly remember dreams from the past also. the morning after you sleepwalked did you feel well rested or more tired than usual? well if it was an external influence making you dream that dream would be impossible for me to know why it happened to you but i have a suspicion that you could have an interesting dream tonight.

Bulveye that is weird, i have had a dream very similar to this a long time ago. The first part is very similar. The second part not so.... I need to look through my dream journal and find the details, but everything you describe about the place, the people, the atmosphere, the energy of it feels like the same place. Maybe it is a place on the astral level. If I can find the details i will post them.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Dreams are a strange collection of current thoughts, memory, etc...

Most of which is so convoluted as to make no sense.

Don't worry about it.

Just a extorted view of be afraid of a job interview. :)

I don't think so. I've never really been scared of interviews.

What a cool experience.. :tu:

I think this was/is a very significant dream, one that perhaps will change your perceptions about dreams among other things..

Something that stands out to me anyway it the big rabbit, rabbits, and how their appearance heralded your escape from the more mundane group tour/experience.. This IMO is right out of the pages of Alice in Wonderland..

The Interpretation is up to you of course, but George Ford might be meant to be taken separately. George (farmer) Ford (river crossing)

I didn't think of Alice in Wonderland, but the rabbit bit certainly relates to it. More interestingly, I used to know a farmer years ago called George but his surname was not Ford. He died about 3-4 years ago but the George in the dream did not remind me of him. I suppose the rabbits and ploughed field and even the hedge and corn could all relate to experiences on his farm when I was a kid! So it could well be just some distant memories getting reorganized in my mind.

I'd suggest next time your in a vivid dream and you are aware of it call out George Ford and see what happens. Its unlikely to do anything but who knows.

I was hoping to do so, unfortunatly every dream since then has been outside of my control and I never even thought of shouting out his name. I'm sure I will at some point and will update the thread with what happens.

i suddenly remember dreams from the past also. the morning after you sleepwalked did you feel well rested or more tired than usual? well if it was an external influence making you dream that dream would be impossible for me to know why it happened to you but i have a suspicion that you could have an interesting dream tonight.

Unfortunately I did not have a memorable dream.

i would think that the meaning of that would be apparent .

Huh?

Bulveye that is weird, i have had a dream very similar to this a long time ago. The first part is very similar. The second part not so.... I need to look through my dream journal and find the details, but everything you describe about the place, the people, the atmosphere, the energy of it feels like the same place. Maybe it is a place on the astral level. If I can find the details i will post them.

Please do try and find it!

Dreams are a strange collection of current thoughts, memory, etc...

Most of which is so convoluted as to make no sense.

Don't worry about it.

Strange that I was so caught up in it that would say out a strangers name in real life though. But yes it may have meant nothing.

As Professor T mentions, it isn't the name that is important, but 'the meaning of the name' that has significance. In other words-- don't waste time trying to figure out who George Ford is.... It's irrelevant. George is a farmer and this is self evident in your dream associations. To be in dream is to be in water-- in spirit, and the food is knowledge. To Ford this expanse is to gain understanding from the other side.

I was with a small group of strangers (about 7 I think) at an induction or job interview at a large building (not sure which), and was being shown round the place. It was a large building with mostly glass walls around the downstairs exterior of the building.

You are all the parts in a dream the symbolism of the building with large glass walls is you protecting yourself. Looking for a job is you aren't fulfilled with an aspect of your life.

The man that was showing us round was dressed in suit trousers and a white shirt with a tie but no suit jacket. He was about 30 years old and seemed happy to be showing us around.

Your masculine side is balanced and open.

At first we were shown a large standalone coat hanger rack which we had to put out coats on, I had a relatively heavy 'puffer' style jacket that someone would wear in the winter.

A coat symbolizes self protection. You were shown where you could 'relax' remove your coat but you don't state that you did.

We went up two flights of stairs and through a small office area, along a corridor, into a more 'industrial' looking part of the building.

Ascending, advancement in a balanced way.

The office may be you comparing yourself to someone else especially if industrial means sterile to you.

We all entered a large room with a metal grid floor, the holes in the grid were squares of about one inch. On the wall opposite where we came in was a green chute which was a rectangle about 4 foot across and 3 foot high. Underneath the grill flooring was lots of corn stuck on another level of grated flooring, but where there were gaps I could see a large room below with a massive mound of corn in it, I would estimate it was several tons worth. At the sides of this second floor you could tell the corn had been there for a few days as some of it was damp and had started to rot, I got the impression that it was not all that important that it was not kept clean as the person showing us round was not bothered.

Green door- growth, fertility.

Corn- abundance, growth fertility but the growth is starting to rot. Perhaps you are hesitating and being to cautious about taking an opportunity and if you wait too long it's going to go south.

We went through another room pretty much identical and then came out into a corridor that had closed doors and led to a stairwell. We ended up back downstairs and were in a large lobby area with a room cordoned off. It had some glass walls and along one none-glass wall were about 7 or 8 of the green chutes we had seen upstairs. The only difference was these looked brand new and had a thick glass or perspex cover over the front like a pivot-able front cover in case you wanted to stop things getting in. There was also a large flat screen TV on a table at the opposite end of the room with some advert for these chutes and a pretty woman in a smart navy blue dress suit standing next to the cordon, she looked a bit like an air hostess. I remember thinking she must be waiting for customers to show the chutes to. We walked straight passed this room and went outside.

Part of you is blocked off but you have many choices for growth and development. The tv is to get your attention (again) to the possibilities.

One part of your feminine side well composed.

Outside it was a very bright sunny day and to our right was a long well kept grassy area with several 'market' style tents (those things with just the roof and back part to stop the rain), each of these areas had a table and display of some kind or other but as we followed the man nearer to them I got distracted by a 'gypsy' looking woman on the left who was herding a massive rabbit (as big as 3 seater sofa) towards a less well mowed field. I'd never seen a rabbit that big so followed it and got my phone out my pocket to take a photo. I turned to see I'd been left behind by the others who were being told about the displays by the man who had been showing us round. I followed the rabbit and the lady across the field towards a scrawny wind swept looking hawthorn hedge which was thin enough to see through. On the other side was a freshly ploughed field. Under the hedge I saw dozens of rabbits all coming from just behind me and turned back to see the massive rabbit (which I had walked past) was in fact not one giant rabbit but in fact hundreds of normal sized rabbits that had been grouped so tightly together that they had looked like one giant one. Then before my eyes the shape of the big rabbit dissipated as all the little ones darted about, playing and making there way to hide under the hedge. I realized I'd missed my chance to take a great picture and quickly headed back to the group of people I was supposed to be with. They had already been to all of the displays and were heading back to the building, I saw the man who was showing us round talking to a smartly dressed older man (about 55-60ish) and guessed by the way they were interacting that the older man was either the boss or someone else pretty high up.

Your alternative feminine side or the part that wants to roam. Looking at the giant opportunity, the rabbit. The rabbit also symbolizes fertility, growth (like the corn/grain) but you missed the opportunity for the big 'rabbit' and saw all the little opportunities darting away. Looking at all the other missed opportunities.

The older man is the more mature masculine aspect.

I avoided them so as not to get in trouble for wondering off and managed to sneak passed back into the building, the group of new people I had been with were all sitting down in the first place the dream started, next to a vending machine, getting themselves coffees. I quickly went over hoping that the boss would not realize I'd been missing, just as I got there the others started standing up and looking behind me. I turned to see the older guy walking up quickly behind me. I was about to apologize when he said "Well {my name inserted here}, glad you could be bothered to catch up with us". So I apologized and said I'd understand if he did not want to hire me. He was keeping a stern face and seemed to mull it over in his mind before saying, "Well do you want to stay?", I was not sure where I was or what I was doing and suddenly did not want to be there, so I told him no. He looked slightly surprised and asks me to stay so I asked why I was there.

The vending machine represents things that are just out of your grasp. That it was a coffee vending machine is about insight and since the other were relaxed and drinking it seems again to talk about missed opportunities.

Your mature aspect is letting you know, you know exactly where you wandered off the path/plan.

This is when things got odd, I realized it was a dream and I could hear my self speak, not just in the dream, but I think I was sleep talking in real life because I could hear my voice over the top of my dream voice. The boss said, in my voice, "We can teach you, you can teach yourself." I sensed there was not much time left as I'd worked out it was a dream and everything was starting to become unfocused. I asked who he was, and he said, in my voice super imposed over my own voice, "My name is George Ford, remember me and we can teach you anything you want to know here, you just need to acknowledge that you CAN remember". I repeated his name again, and heard my voice superimposed over mine saying that I will remember this dream.

The older man is the masculine aspect you want to be and this is the part of the dream that I really like as it is the most positive aspect.

The name George means- farmer or earth-worker.

Ford- is a place to cross where you are assured of good footing.

You can teach yourself to unlock answers in your dream by learning the symbols and their meanings and you told yourself how to do it. Acknowledge your dreams so that you can remember.

I am smiling at this point, it's actually a pretty awesome dream!

Mabon.

• Like 1

You are all the parts in a dream the symbolism of the building with large glass walls is you protecting yourself. Looking for a job is you aren't fulfilled with an aspect of your life.

Your masculine side is balanced and open.

A coat symbolizes self protection. You were shown where you could 'relax' remove your coat but you don't state that you did.

Ascending, advancement in a balanced way.

The office may be you comparing yourself to someone else especially if industrial means sterile to you.

Green door- growth, fertility.

Corn- abundance, growth fertility but the growth is starting to rot. Perhaps you are hesitating and being to cautious about taking an opportunity and if you wait too long it's going to go south.

Part of you is blocked off but you have many choices for growth and development. The tv is to get your attention (again) to the possibilities.

One part of your feminine side well composed.

Your alternative feminine side or the part that wants to roam. Looking at the giant opportunity, the rabbit. The rabbit also symbolizes fertility, growth (like the corn/grain) but you missed the opportunity for the big 'rabbit' and saw all the little opportunities darting away. Looking at all the other missed opportunities.

The older man is the more mature masculine aspect.

The vending machine represents things that are just out of your grasp. That it was a coffee vending machine is about insight and since the other were relaxed and drinking it seems again to talk about missed opportunities.

Your mature aspect is letting you know, you know exactly where you wandered off the path/plan.

The older man is the masculine aspect you want to be and this is the part of the dream that I really like as it is the most positive aspect.

The name George means- farmer or earth-worker.

Ford- is a place to cross where you are assured of good footing.

You can teach yourself to unlock answers in your dream by learning the symbols and their meanings and you told yourself how to do it. Acknowledge your dreams so that you can remember.

I am smiling at this point, it's actually a pretty awesome dream!

Mabon.

Flipping heck! You are 100% right! I'm practically speechless!

I'm unhappy that I've been unemployed for so long after having 2 previous good jobs. I feel life is racing by and I have had big opportunities that I have missed out on due to this damn illness. I think I am getting better and I worked out yesterday what I think the problem is, it was the type of medication, it had made me placid, lazy and indifferent to most things happening around me!

I keep starting but then never finishing proper serious art projects and only ever see the odd one or two through and they are brilliant, people want to buy them. Yesterday and today I have been sorting through them and making a pile of ones I think I can finish this week!

There is a pretty girl I fancy who is several years younger then me and I asked her out last year but then screwed the date up by drinking to much, then before xmas I bumped into her in town and said something mean and made her cry. Almost unbelievably I've spent most of today finishing a picture for her as way of an apology, it literally just needs about an hours worth of finishing touches and then a layer of varnish!

My old college mate for many years came round this Friday gone and we were chatting, he has a nice house, a car and a class aaa+ lass he has just started seeing as well as doing what he wants for a living and being in a metal band that has gigged round the world, it made me realize that I need to WAKE UP so I also decided TODAY to sort my life out instead of just existing.

I went for a run for the 1st time in ages and I looked in the mirror and realize I need to sort my hair out and have a shave and maybe get a couple of new jumpers and shirts! I even dusted off the gym (but didn't use it yet)

So I was the man in the dream! This is just so astounding I'm utterly overwhelmed and excited right now. Probably gonna take me awhile to get to sleep.

Thank you.

• Like 1

You are most welcome!

I am glad that this made sense to you! Get your art out there! There are too few artist out there!

Regards,

Mabon.

Edited to add...

Suggestion. Keep a dream journal. I do and it helps sort out issues and is great for insight and inspiration.

Also you might think about using the pen name George Ford for a bit of your art just to see what happens. Not to change your style or go away from what you do but as an exercise for growth. Could be very interesting.

Edited by Mabon

• 2 weeks later...

My analysis is this: Your dream is one of knowledge, exploration of spiritual realms, and self-affirmation. This dream is a semi-conscious "astral" projection; an out-of-body experience. The spiritual/astral realm is a spacious place with undefined (glass) borders. You were shown where to "leave your coat" (your physical body), then ascend (2 flights of stairs) to the higher plane. Below you, through the floor, you see the material concerns (corn, wheat, barley, sustenance), the world you just left. You were shown around a bit (a guide, or higher aspect of yourself), and moved around a bit in the astral (a second room, down a corridor). Sunny outside (gaining some freedom and comfort in the astral), you are shown the wide variety of experience available to you. Your independent and slightly mystical self conjures up a gypsy to distract you with something mysterious and magical. The giant rabbit possibly represents a personal accord with nature, while the plowed field likely represents the exciting possibilities of the future. Your return to the group is a refocusing of the astral experience, where the man (your guide, your higher consciousness) reminds you to "acknowledge to yourself that you can receive further instruction in this realm". So... do that. Say that acknowledgment aloud. When you're drifting into sleep just think the name... George Ford.

• Like 1