Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 5 votes

Baltic Anomaly Updates.

• Please log in to reply
586 replies to this topic

#541    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

True that! :P

#542    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

Looks like this thing is turning out to be as mundane as most of us expected....

http://www.foxnews.c...intcmp=trending

The divers recently gave samples of stone from the object to Volker Brüchert, an associate professor of geology at Stockholm University. Swedish tabloids quote Brüchert as saying: "I was surprised when I researched the material I found a great black stone that could be a volcanic rock. My hypothesis is that this object, this structure was formed during the Ice Age many thousands of years ago."

In other words, an expert appears to back up their claims that this seafloor object is unexplained, and perhaps is an Atlantis-like ancient building complex. To double check, Life's Little Mysteries consulted that expert. Turns out, neither he, nor any of the other experts contacted about the Baltic Sea object, think there is anything mysterious about it.

"It's good to hear critical voices about this 'Baltic Sea mystery,'" Brüchert wrote in an email. "What has been generously ignored by the Ocean-X team is that most of the samples they have brought up from the sea bottom are granites and gneisses and sandstones."

These, he explains, are exactly what one would expect to see in a glacial basin, which is what the Baltic Sea is — a region carved out by glacial ice long ago.

Along with the mundane rocks, the divers also gave him a single loose piece of basaltic rock, a type of rock that forms from hardened lavaPosted Image. This is out of place on the seafloor, but not unusual. "Because the whole northern Baltic region is so heavily influenced by glacial thawing processes, both the feature and the rock samples are likely to have formed in connection with glacial and postglacial processes," he wrote. "Possibly these rocks were transported there by glaciers."

Glaciers often have rocks embedded in them. At the end of the Ice Age, when glaciers across Northern Europe melted, the rocks inside them dropped to the Earth's surface, leaving rocky deposits all over the place. These are sometimes called glacial erratics or balancing rocks. [Gallery of the Weirdest Balancing RocksPosted Image]

Lindberg and the Ocean X Team did not respond to a request for comment on the glacial deposit theory.

we all knew that it would turn out to be something and nothing....but it's still a bummer when that opinion is close to being confirmed!  :no:

Cheers.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
...I found the Smoking Gun at last!!!!!!!!.....https://www.youtube....h?v=fGKOcuANNQo

#543    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

I think it was made by homesick proto-Italians:it's a giant stone pizza !!

#544    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,627 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

Deep-sea Baltic UFO hunt turns up mere rocks
Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...g#ixzz25K7ltdcQ

#545    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,562 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

View Post1963, on 01 September 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

Looks like this thing is turning out to be as mundane as most of us expected....

http://www.foxnews.c...intcmp=trending

we all knew that it would turn out to be something and nothing....but it's still a bummer when that opinion is close to being confirmed!  :no:

View Postdocyabut2, on 02 September 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

Deep-sea Baltic UFO hunt turns up mere rocks
Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...g#ixzz25K7ltdcQ
There's a new thread about this posted here -

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=232944

Posted Image

#546    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

I wonder how long they can milk this one before it dies?

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#547    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,339 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

All the samples being spoken about are reportedly loose rocks  lying on top of the circular object. It is reasoned that they were transported by glaciers, and then dumped onto the object at the end of the last ice age. If, so, it is not surprising that they proved to be mostly ordinary rocks from this region. The real make or break tests will come when, or if, a sample of material from the object itself can be removed, and tested. The material of the objects is reported to be visibly different from ordinary rocks. If this is borne out by scientific tests, a whole world of possibilities might open up.

#548    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

I want the tests from the object to come back as 100% Adamantium.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#549    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,114 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:30 PM

View Postbison, on 02 September 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

All the samples being spoken about are reportedly loose rocks  lying on top of the circular object. It is reasoned that they were transported by glaciers, and then dumped onto the object at the end of the last ice age. If, so, it is not surprising that they proved to be mostly ordinary rocks from this region. The real make or break tests will come when, or if, a sample of material from the object itself can be removed, and tested. The material of the objects is reported to be visibly different from ordinary rocks. If this is borne out by scientific tests, a whole world of possibilities might open up.

Yes I could imagine that there may well be quite a lot of rocks and all manner of detritus that was deposited from the mighty glaciers of the last ice age Bison. However, I cannot imagine that The Ocean X Team wouldn't already have taken this scenario into account....therefore I believe that whatever samples they saw fit to send for analysis would not be glacier-deposited rocks [Till], but rather a sample of the anomaly itself...surely? :unsure2:

View PostDBunker, on 02 September 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

I want the tests from the object to come back as 100% Adamantium.

'DBunker', Are you suggesting that the anomaly is the place of origin of....?

Posted Image

:P

Cheers.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
...I found the Smoking Gun at last!!!!!!!!.....https://www.youtube....h?v=fGKOcuANNQo

#550    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

Hmm I do like the glacier idea sounds plausible.  :unsure2:

#551    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,339 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

The reason given for not providing samples of the object itself for testing is this: They report so far being unable to break off a piece from the object. The material seems to be harder than anticipated.   It is reportedly still their aim to get material from the object, and submit it to testing. One wonders if the unusual hardness of the material is a significant fact in itself.

Edited by bison, 03 September 2012 - 02:34 PM.

#552    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

Since the release of 9 new BlueView images people have tried to puzzle these together with the original sonar image of the anomaly. The BlueView sonar images gives approximately sizes that can be used to easier understand where each image is taken from. We managed to fit 3 (2) such pieces. The left piece dimensions was in the order of 14 m so it might not be correctly placed. We are keeping it until better solutions have been found. The result can be found below. Remember the diameter of the Baltic Anomaly is ~60 m (its height ~4m). [IMAGE].

http://thebalticanomaly.se/2012/09/

#553    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,114 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

View Postbison, on 02 September 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

Of course you are quite correct Bison!...It would appear that I was victim to a bit of bad journalism when I doubted that the samples provided by Peter Lindberg for analysis weren't part of the actual anomaly! :blush:
As this critique of the article I posted clearly shows....The results of the analysis was the expected results by Lindberg and the X Team,... and in no way anything to do with the composition of the anomaly itself....

http://thebalticanom...bad-journalism/

...doesn't this kind of fool-making journalism make you spit feathers! <_<

Cheers buddy.

#554    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,339 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

Yes, there's certainly a good deal of 'imprecision' in science oriented journalism. This applies to both the skeptic and advocate sides of the divide, in my experience. My only advantage here is that I have been attending very closely to this Baltic Sea object story for quite some time. There is still plenty of opportunity for error, mainly caused, I think, by problems in communication.
    The most intriguing aspect of the story at present is what the newly-released 'Blue view' sonar images seem to reveal. Everyone who has seen the first sonar image will recall the two tail-like extensions that protrude from the object, with a gap between them. The leftward, or lower extension, as the image is usually oriented, and the gap,  appear roughly rectangular in this first image. The new sonar image seems to confirm that the ends and sides of the gap and the extension are notably straight, forming nearly rectangular, symmetrical trapezoids.
   It seems a good test of the supposed artificiality of an object, that it looks more like something made by the hand of intelligence upon better, closer examination, than it did before. The famous 'Face on Mars' failed this test. The Baltic Sea object seems to have just passed it.

#555    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

View Post1963, on 02 September 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

'DBunker', Are you suggesting that the anomaly is the place of origin of...

Anywhere but made on Earth would do just fine.

We dont need another BS "maybe", uncertain, vague or Inconclusive.

Edited by DBunker, 04 September 2012 - 11:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users