Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The land of the free, not so free anymore...

Uncle Sam

Did you know that the federal government claims that it can take away your constitutional rights any time that it wants to? Over the past several decades, there have been an endless parade of laws and executive orders that have been slowly and methodically carving up our rights under the U.S. Constitution. Most Americans are not even aware of the “creeping totalitarianism” that is happening. Most Americans just trust the “authorities” when they tell us that certain things “must be done” in order to keep us all safe. But even if we gave up all of our privacy, even if we gave up all of our liberties and our freedoms, and even if we gave the government all of our stuff they still would not be able to keep us safe. It is inevitable that evil people are going to do evil things, and if you are counting on the Obama administration to keep you safe then you are being delusional. Obama is not going to save us from anything. But Obama will gladly take away our rights and our freedoms if the American people allow him to. The Obama administration seems to have an endless lust for more power. Sadly, if we do give away our rights it will have some very serious consequences. If we freely give away all of the rights that we have been given under the U.S. Constitution it will be incredibly difficult to ever get them back. Giving up liberty for security never works, and if we want to be worthy of being called Americans then we need to start standing up for the republic that our forefathers worked so hard to build.

Continue...

Absolute power corrupts absolute, our freedoms are being swept away piece by piece. Americans should stand up to this, very soon!

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 3

This is one of my favorite videos that I cam across recently, I thought it kinda fits the theme of this thread.

[media=]

[/media]

It's sad how 90% of Americans don't realise what the constitution was actually about etc.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 3

This is one of my favorite videos that I cam across recently, I thought it kinda fits the theme of this thread.

[media=]

[/media]

It's sad how 90% of Americans don't realise what the constitution was actually about etc.

And they won't open their eyes to the truth, sadly, because they depend too much on the money.

• Like 3

Over the decades, people have been conditioned to believe all manner of nonsense coming through government press releases. The vast majority believes that if the government says it, it's true.

So the hardest part is over.

We have the Unpatriot Act and the NDAA amendment, and even lawyer friends of mine are unaware of NDAA amendment. We have the government we deserve because we have forsaken our civic obligations, just as Franklin suggested all those years ago. :cry:

• Like 4

Terrific video Coffey.

Here's a great video by George Carlin somewhat related to this subject matter:

[media=]

[/media]

"The American Dream you have to be asleep to believe it"

Edited by WHO U KIDDIN
  • Like 3

Nice video.

The Native Americans were living just fine out there in the Great Plains without the corruption of money or government. Sure, they had a Chief. But he didn't force them to live in a dictactorship of sorts. It was for the survival of the people.

Now these days, money brainwashes us to think that everything 'has a price'. It doesn't.

• Like 2

It is easy to give up your liberty 0.01% at a time.

• Like 3

It is easy to give up your liberty 0.01% at a time.

Exactly.

Because by the time you stand up for your rights you'll trip and fall because they took a little bit of ground..

Then when you weren't looking, they took the rest of it.

Edited by Eonwe
  • Like 2

Wow. What's up with the Rothchilds? They count in trillions? I'll agree with Obama just this once. Enough is enough. I guess I do have a limit on acceptable wealth.

Edit: I was commenting on another video I clicked after the first one. Which I liked btw.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-

Absolute power corrupts absolute, our freedoms are being swept away piece by piece. Americans should stand up to this, very soon!

So why don`t you. The attack on the second amendment by Obama should spur this. Start bombing the banks start shooting heads of state start holding heads of corporations that dictated policy hostages. No, seems the second amendment is a limp noodle make media work, a revolution is now not later. Media is the first to take back as its the tool with boot heel on our neck.

• Like 1

Actually the first thing needs to be done than anything, is to show the truth to the Americans. Even if it means enlisting those anonymous group to help spread the through the airways of America's media, which is very hard to do at the moment. I already befriending politician various politicians to try to take an proactive step, those that share my sentiment. They agree with me on the subject, America is on the verge of Civil War. Instead of Confederate Vs. Union, it is those that feel our constitution is out of date and those who want to protect the values our nation is founded on. I am one of those that wants to protect the values of our constitution that was founded by my forefathers. I want to make a difference, I am doing in a non-violent way. If it has to come down to it, I have a feeling there be a lot of turncoats in the Politicians side. They fear the population more than you think and all it takes is for the population to see the truth about every individual politician. So if you can befriend a politician, try to find out as much as you can about every politician that is supposed to represent the civilians of the states. If they are not upholding their oath, find things that can make them be removed and bring it to the attention of the citizens. Once they know, there is nothing stopping them from being impeached and removed from office. Be proactive in your state, be proactive in research politicians, and be proactive in bringing the truth to the populations that are currently ignorant. Not all are bad, but most are corrupted by the power they wield and feel they are above the law. I been doing more and more, day by day, by bringing the truth to the ones who can actually do something.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

Funny how the Patriot Act began under Bush yet all the Tea Partiers turned a blind eye to it back then or made the excuse that it was for the good of the country in order to fight terrorism.

• Like 2

Actually the first thing needs to be done than anything, is to show the truth to the Americans. Even if it means enlisting those anonymous group to help spread the through the airways of America's media, which is very hard to do at the moment. I already befriending politician various politicians to try to take an proactive step, those that share my sentiment. They agree with me on the subject, America is on the verge of Civil War. Instead of Confederate Vs. Union, it is those that feel our constitution is out of date and those who want to protect the values our nation is founded on. I am one of those that wants to protect the values of our constitution that was founded by my forefathers. I want to make a difference, I am doing in a non-violent way. If it has to come down to it, I have a feeling there be a lot of turncoats in the Politicians side. They fear the population more than you think and all it takes is for the population to see the truth about every individual politician. So if you can befriend a politician, try to find out as much as you can about every politician that is supposed to represent the civilians of the states. If they are not upholding their oath, find things that can make them be removed and bring it to the attention of the citizens. Once they know, there is nothing stopping them from being impeached and removed from office. Be proactive in your state, be proactive in research politicians, and be proactive in bringing the truth to the populations that are currently ignorant. Not all are bad, but most are corrupted by the power they wield and feel they are above the law. I been doing more and more, day by day, by bringing the truth to the ones who can actually do something.

The US population no longer cares about there right and it shows. Politicians have nothing to fear no matter how many guns the populace own. The goverment relies on how much you consume and just wait. The people have no power nore a voice in a two party system controled by thos that desighned the system. The US is a failed state.

So why don`t you. The attack on the second amendment by Obama should spur this. Start bombing the banks start shooting heads of state start holding heads of corporations that dictated policy hostages. No, seems the second amendment is a limp noodle make media work, a revolution is now not later. Media is the first to take back as its the tool with boot heel on our neck.

This is what occupy wall street was doing,but they've made all of it illegal,and squashed them ....

We would have to revolt outright ,which is why they want the GUNS OUT OF OUR HANDS .

As you said in another post, not enough people care.

It would take the majority realising the truth to do anything. It's a perfect system for those in power... "Oh look some guy is rebelling... We will call him a nut job and maybe dig up soem files on him, even if we twist it a little".

Then everyone who listens to the government and the garbage the media comes out with, just labels the guy a nut job. Nothing worse than an evil genius. (Hitler proved this, he was really messed up, but damn was he intelligent)

Edited by Coffey

Terrific video of Carlin! How right he was. :yes:

The American Dream--you must be asleep to believe it.

Edited by Babe Ruth

Funny how the Patriot Act began under Bush yet all the Tea Partiers turned a blind eye to it back then or made the excuse that it was for the good of the country in order to fight terrorism.

Terrorism is simply a guise to increase control of the populace while stripping rights and freedoms in the process.

• Like 2