Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Todd Standing Bigfoot footage

HolyHandGr3nade

I am sure there were a ton of threads about this footage in the past, or may still be current, but I just recently came across Todd Standing's video of when he was apparently reported missing and came back with bigfoot footage. I only wanted to see what the truth about this is, if it was a proven hoax or if Standing is notorious for hoax's and what his reputation is in the "Unexplained-Mysteries.com" community. The face looks too good to be true, apart from the still shots. Thanks.

I am sure there were a ton of threads about this footage in the past, or may still be current, but I just recently came across Todd Standing's video of when he was apparently reported missing and came back with bigfoot footage. I only wanted to see what the truth about this is, if it was a proven hoax or if Standing is notorious for hoax's and what his reputation is in the "Unexplained-Mysteries.com" community. The face looks too good to be true, apart from the still shots. Thanks.

Use the "search" feature. You'll get a pretty clear idea that Standing is a pariah. Quite disreputable.

Oh dear god...Todd Standing again....do yourself a favor an look at the other posts on here. He has no standing "haha" in this forum. The dude has no credibility whatsoever. This is gonna ignite a bunch of fun I can see....

Welcome to UM by the way! ;) we're not all bad here, but watch out...some bite more than others! :)

• Like 2

hahaha thank you all, I knew this was the best place to find out about his rep. I am actually glad to be back, I was once a member but either forgot my login information or was deleted for inactivity.

Ok, Todd Standing..........well?

I started not to post anything on this......person of questionable repute, but then I thought it might be a good idea. So, not too long ago, last year this time I was on another board and some of the people were talking about him and what they said was, shall we say, less than complimentary. Many of them seemed to know a great deal about him and a couple of Bigfoot groups had actually kicked him all the way out of their organizations. Now in and of itself that isn't too shocking, people fall out of favor with groups and organizations all the time for reasons that range from the absurd and ridiculous to serious and even illegal.

The thing that I have heard from several sources is it seems that old TS when Animal Planet was looking at doing a show on crypted investigations was one of the candidates they were looking at along with the BFRO and a couple others. My understanding is that during all this evaluation TS got really aggressive with the Assistant Producer, not physically but he started telling them he could do this and he could do that and he could deliver them shows that would blow the socks off anything they currently had being considered. Now, my knowledge of how this stuff all works is very limited and what I did get from one person who does have a sort of connection to the show was that there were a series of meetings in which TS began outlining in very general terms how he was going to be able to make these shows so great was that he was going to go off into some wilderness area, shoot segments of his encounter then piece them together with a crew to fill in the blanks and pass it off as something on the scale of "Mam Versus Wild" or "Survivor Man". So the proverbial SHTF when this Assistant Producer started asking questions about believably, factual presentation, separation of myths from reality and how he was going to have credibility if the show was a docu-drama on what he was supposed to have seen and experienced out on his own. TS's response was words to the effect of, 'You want a good show or what?".

Like I said, this is stuff I got from a variety of places and people, some of it might be accurate and some of it sort of makes me wonder, however most all his videos have been along this line. So, in my opinion, this guy is not a person I'd accept as a good source for anything. I think his videos are entertaining, but not something worth dwelling on as anything more than a really nice campfire story.

• Like 3

Thank you for the input. He does seem to be separated from any "mainstream" or large bigfoot organizations, this is why I was unfamiliar with him. So it seems he must be just like any other bigfoot investigator, less interested in proving the existence of the creature and more interested in money and a "good show". At least he hasn't changed his name to Moneymaker...

TS's response was words to the effect of, 'You want a good show or what?".

I think the man very much overestimates himself.

He's a piece of work. Tried to get Bigfoot put on the endangered species list in Canada, I think.

His first work was shoddy and unimpressive, and his latest work appears to be staged models, AFAIK.

While googling Todd Standing, I found this...

http://naturalistshistory.blogspot.com/2012/01/photo-todd-standing-i-once-spent.html

• Like 1

At least he hasn't changed his name to Moneymaker...

Moneymaker has never been even assumed in a Hoax.....

Not defending him, just saying, they are all the same to me actually.....Except, Moneymaker, as said, not a name you find around hoax's.....Actually, he usually calls them out, and / or stays away completeley.

Edited by Sakari

I just think it would be very difficult to ever be taken seriously by anyone in the scientific community when you are a bigfoot hunter with the name Moneymaker.

We'll it would be something to finally get a good photograph, hair or something,all these TV programs all end up the same , with more questions than answers. I am sure there are some who see things but were cameraless.

I think I remember seeing Standing actually post on these forums.

If I recall, he was argumentitive, and when asked to post clear evidence he gave the old "I've got more important things to do that post on the Internet" standby.

I think I remember seeing Standing actually post on these forums.

If I recall, he was argumentitive, and when asked to post clear evidence he gave the old "I've got more important things to do that post on the Internet" standby.

toddster

I'm not sure why anyone would give this guy any sort of credibility. He's a loose cannon and is thought of as a pariah among most Bigfoot groups.

When standing was on "Finding Bigfoot" and even Moneymaker didn't believe his claims, that's gotta tell you something....

I just googled "todd standing on finding bigfoot" and this is what I got. It's dated today but I don't know it that's a simple rolling date stamp or when it was posted up.

http://www.bigfootlunchclub.com/2012/01/todd-standing-finding-bigfoot-team-and.html

I was surprised when I saw them with him on the show, especially when he was supposed to be one of the ones that Animal Planet considered for being the host of the show. I also thought it was interesting that they called him the "star" of the show.

• Like 1

Yeah, talk about an ego? This guy has a huge one. I still can't get over the "star" of the show thing, he was on one segment like they have all the time, but this guy was the star? I suppose he'll claim his segment got the highest rating of all the other shows combined?

This guy's a piece of work.

:huh:

Haha! The only way Todd's segment probably got higher ratings (If by some chance it did...) were the people tuning in to see him make more of an ass out of himself than he already has. For him to turn around and mount his high horse again...it's just hysterical. He's known for his contradictory stories and venomous rants but darn!

(Edit: Correcting spelling. Unlike TS...;))

Edited by TwilightSilver

Oh Dude, an ego can be a terribly dangerous thing and what's worse is he probably just rocks it out and feeds it wherever and whenever he can.

I just googled "todd standing on finding bigfoot" and this is what I got. It's dated today but I don't know it that's a simple rolling date stamp or when it was posted up.

http://www.bigfootlu...t-team-and.html

I was surprised when I saw them with him on the show, especially when he was supposed to be one of the ones that Animal Planet considered for being the host of the show. I also thought it was interesting that they called him the "star" of the show.

The link I got was for a show about the search and rescue effort when Todd was "lost". Even the search and rescue woman said she didn't know they had bigfoot in the area!!!

I remember him on Finding Bigfoot, though, they debunked him.

I think that was supposed to be his whole MO for his show. Go out then come back with what he came up with and put a show or series of shows together with animations and re-enactments in order to tell his story. The guys on "Finding Bigfoot" do it as well, but they do it sort of as a side line not the crux of the entire story. In fact the more I look at things TS has done the more I see his own evolutionary steps into what his latest videos are or rather are supposed to be. Hell, I could do the same thing and make a show that would knock your socks off, it would be complete BS, but it would get the show a nice rating for a season, maybe two then everyone is going to get tired of old Ken going out into the back country and then coming out with some great piece meal videos then shooting scenes around it to tell a story.

Personally, I can't believe the Canadian authorities didn't prosecute him for using up their resources looking for him when he obviously was not lost to begin with, or at least charged him for the monies they spent trying to save someone who wasn't lost in the beginning. While I don't put a great deal of credibility into the current show, "Finding Bigfoot" I do think the people at the core of the show are sincere in what they believe and probably really thing they're doing it right in looking as they do. That doesn't make them any more correct or credible, it just means they're sincere.

I'm not sure why anyone would give this guy any sort of credibility. He's a loose cannon and is thought of as a pariah among most Bigfoot groups.

Now that is an accomplishment indeed. A pariah among pariahs. Perhaps a new title is in order for Mr. Standing.......King of the Pariahs. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

I agree. This guy needs to find a nice deep hole (one of the many he's dug for himself) get a nice pillow and lay in it. Next thing you know, we'll see him arm and arm skipping through Sylvanic with Tom Biscardi and his plastic mannequin...