Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Should You go to Jail for Killing a Monkey?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,054 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

View Postand then, on 23 November 2012 - 03:24 AM, said:

Taun I've read that most serial killers start out by killing animals for kicks.
Sorry to butt in, but Taun's offline now. Dahlmer is probably a prime example.Jailtime won't teach this idiot anything. He needs severe psychological testing.

#17    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

had this animal mauled him it would likely have been put down. what's wrong with that picture?

#18    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

He really has nothing better to do, does he?

#19    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

View Postand then, on 23 November 2012 - 03:24 AM, said:

Taun I've read that most serial killers start out by killing animals for kicks.

Very true..

Anyhoo.. the OP question -  Make him do porridge ( do porridge = jail time )     it will serve him right ..OR throw him into  a cell with a big ape with a bad attitude..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#20    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 23 November 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

Very true..

Anyhoo.. the OP question -  Make him do porridge ( do porridge = jail time ) it will serve him right ..OR throw him into  a cell with a big ape with a bad attitude..
a female ape with a bad attitude

#21    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

View PostJGirl, on 23 November 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

a female ape with a bad attitude

Male apes are bad enough.

#22    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

View PostMnemonix, on 23 November 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

Male apes are bad enough.

The silver back

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#23    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,184 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

People that kill animals out of "fun" are just disgusting to me.
Yeah, they should go to jail.

EDIT: In all fairness, I must confess that, when I was a small child, I fried ants with a magnifying glass, or poured soap on them, or used a lighter to ignite hairspray to kill them.
My most disturbing childhood memory, though, was when I killed a small turtle for no reason at all. That haunts me even today, as well it should.

For some reason, after all that and when I "grew-up" I love all animals, well, except for spiders.

Edited by pallidin, 23 November 2012 - 10:12 PM.

#24    Kazoo

Kazoo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

• “What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person.”

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

He did not kill the animal "for fun". He intended to do a stupid drunken prank and attacked the monkey in defense after it bit him.

Do you people even read the articles?

He's not a future serial killer. He's not a monster. He's a drunken kid who made a mistake who was having a hard time due to family problems.

He has to go to jail. I'm not denying that. But I find the lack of human compassion in this thread just as disgusting as the boy who killed the monkey. Yes I pity the monkey. What he did was stupid and terrible. But a drunken mistake is no reason to call a boy a future serial killer. Hopefully when he gets a jail he can still make a decent life for himself.

Edited by Kazoo, 23 November 2012 - 11:19 PM.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H.L. Mencken

#25    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

I hope so. Lowlife needs a kick up the backside.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#26    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,481 posts

• Just because I do not agree doesn't mean I don't understand.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

View PostKazoo, on 23 November 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

He's not a future serial killer. He's not a monster. He's a drunken kid who made a mistake who was having a hard time due to family problems.

He has to go to jail. I'm not denying that. But I find the lack of human compassion in this thread just as disgusting as the boy who killed the monkey. Yes I pity the monkey. What he did was stupid and terrible. But a drunken mistake is no reason to call a boy a future serial killer. Hopefully when he gets a jail he can still make a decent life for himself.

While his situation is unfortunate, he chose to get drunk and he chose to commit a crime, plain and simple.
Why should he be treated differently than the rest of us?

#27    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,601 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:10 AM

Yup, as much jail time as the law allows.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#28    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

He did not kill the animal "for fun". He intended to do a stupid drunken prank and attacked the monkey in defense after it bit him.

Do you people even read the articles?

Planning to throw the monkey out of its enclosure and wrapping it up in his jacket is already cruel enough.

And was he just walking around with a tree branch? No. The monkey bit him and out of anger he has picked up or broke off a tree branch and attacked the monkey. It's not like the monkey bit him then instantly he had a tree branch to 'defend' himself.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#29    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,808 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

He tries to steal a monkey and then kills it in defense. Do you see anything wrong with that thinking?

Maybe he'll get a new daddy in prison.

#30    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,184 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

This is so silly.
One doesn't illegally go into a wild animal cage and not expect consequences of attack from those wild animals.

Then he kills the monkey. "Oh, but it was self-defense"
What a moron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users