Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biblical theme park planned in Germany

Mademoiselle

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5gVm6_Z...GKCiadXqJitT75Q

"BERLIN (AFP) — If you ever fancied lunch in the Tower of Babel, visiting an "original size" Noah's Ark or a multimedia depiction of the final battle between Good and Evil, you may not have long to wait.

Under plans announced by a group of Swiss evangelical Christians and reported by the German press on Wednesday, Genesis Park, a theme park based on the Bible, will open at a yet to be chosen site in Germany by 2012.

It will group some 40 attractions over an area the size of 70 football pitches encompassing all areas of the Christian story, according to the organisers' website.

The centrepiece will be what the organisers call an "original size" Noah's Ark which is 150 metres (490 feet) long and surrounded by water.

Other attractions will include two roller coasters -- one giving an idea of the Great Flood and another on the theme of heaven and hell -- a miniature version of Biblical-era Israel and a Roman amphitheatre.

Visitors will be served food at the City of Enoch, a Tower of Babel panorama restaurant, an Old Testament-era desert tent, and a mock-up of Jerusalem at the time of Jesus -- also the location for the main shopping mall.

"We would like to transmit the story and the message of the Bible in an active and exciting way, so that many people in our society may have the opportunity to experience up close the most wonderful and fantastic love story of all, the love story of our Creator and Jesus Christ," the website said.

The project is well short of the necessary 120 million euros (185 million dollars), but organisers are talking with German investors and hope to raise enough by the end of the year, according to the Frankfurter Rundschau daily. "

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michelle

• Space Commander Travis

• Princess Serenity

• jaylemurph

Top Posters In This Topic

This is something I've yearned for for a long time. Imagine the potential. I can't wait to try out Revelation.

That's kinda cool. I would visit it. ;3 I don't mind waiting.

Just an fyi, there's an "biblical theme park" in America too. But it's abandoned and it was/is called "Holy Land."

Edited by MoonPrincess

That's kinda cool. I would visit it. ;3 I don't mind waiting.

Just an fyi, there's an "biblical theme park" in America too. But it's abandoned and it was/is called "Holy Land."

Really? Where was it at?

Sure, why not ?

I think there's a biblical museum around Cincinnati. Creation Station or The Creation Museum. Something like that. I have no desire to go there because I would probably get constant religious recruitment from onsite preachers or pastors.

That would be a total buzz kill.

This is something I've yearned for for a long time. Imagine the potential. I can't wait to try out Revelation.

Can you imagine the "Walk on Water" experience or "Wrestle with the Angel?" But then we could go to the Parables section of the park and see the 10 virgins.

Can you imagine the "Walk on Water" experience or "Wrestle with the Angel?" But then we could go to the Parables section of the park and see the 10 virgins.

You could get your picture taken with the prophets. Or play the wack-a mosses game.

"Mommy... Mommy... I wanna ride the Moses Down the Nile River Rapids Ride again!"

"Okay, honey... get in the basket, and hold tight to your Body of Christ cotton candy. I'm not buying you another one."

You could get your picture taken with the prophets. Or play the wack-a mosses game.

Or go on the Ark and kill the mosquitos.

Just what Germany needs...

"Who says I am not under the special protection of God?"

-Adolf Hitler

:P

There's potential for fun to be had with the catering too. They'd never run out of wine, anyway. Or loaves and fishes.

Son of a gun...Germany. Cool.

I'd go...

But. Uh. I'm busy that day doing nothing.

Really? Where was it at?

Yeah. I don't know. I've seen the pictures of it. I'm usually pretty good at finding abandoned stuff. But not tonight. I got no such. I don't even think it's called "The Holy Land." I'll keep trying.

----

I wonder what type of rides they'll have.

Edited by MoonPrincess

HAAA...if this had been in the US there would have been about 200 negative, derogatory remarks by now! :rolleyes:

Haha... Sounds almost as fun as going to church.. ;)

Edited by Tonyizzle

HAAA...if this had been in the US there would have been about 200 negative, derogatory remarks by now! :rolleyes:

You mean you missed the thread on the Creationist Museum is USA then?

I'm looking forward to the unrestrained excitement in the "Turn the other cheek" Wrestling Emporium :lol:

I wonder if they'll have daily crucifixation re-enactments, or if they'll purge the crowds of heretics a few times each day.

--Jaylemurph

Well, we have a small thematic park here in Buenos Aires called "Holy Land". Its more like a recreation of Jerusalem in the first century, and have some religious representations on holydays.

Tierra Santa - Buenos Aires

You mean you missed the thread on the Creationist Museum is USA then?

No, I just thought I'd point out the hypocrisy of a number of the members. The phrase, "only in America..." has been way over used and is blatantly untrue.

Edited by Michelle

No, I just thought I'd point out the hypocrisy of a number of the members. The phrase, "only in America..." has been way over used and is blatantly untrue.

I dunno about that. For better or worse, there's a lot stuff that would *only* happen in the USA.

--Jaylemurph