Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 1 votes

The Enfield Poltergeist: what is the truth?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46    Evo

Evo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:11 AM

And dont forget that like many words, "demon" is just a label. Different cultures have different labels for the same thing.

#47    Rocketgirl33

Rocketgirl33

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

• People who don't know how to weep with their whole heart, don't know how to laugh either.

Golda Meir

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

Hey Encouraged!!

Thanks for the report that was pretty good! I also found that the word demon did mean something else once, demon was a common word for deity,  and had duel meaning for God and Goddess. I think I don't like to use it because it HAS lost all other meanings that it may have had 3000 years ago. Today it is a christian term and in using it imply's christian beliefs. Names change meaning so much these days it is hard to know what to say. When I was a child if you were "gay" it meant you were happy. Now days it means something else entirely different. Until the word "demon" means something else again, I will opt out of using it and stick with "bad spirit" for now because that's in my comfort zone. I still don't believe they can possess your body or tear your house apart. Thanks for all the stuff I learned though, that was most cool.

Rocketgirl B)

"He thrusts his fists against the post and still insists he sees the ghost!"
S. King, IT

#48    Blackwhite

Blackwhite

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

• I am minuspeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericabobulations.

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

In my opinion poltergeists are not demons.  They are not some sort of being.  They are unwitting releases of psychic energy from a person.  This person is known as a focus.  In many cases the person may be suffering from depression, a long period of anger, or maybe just teenage angst.  But instead of venting these feelings in a physical way like most people do - physically throw an object or smash a window - the person somehow vents their anger or frustration psychically, except that they do not realise they are doing it.  So they throw objects, sometimes even people, around the room, smash windows and bang on walls using psychic energy which they have somehow emitted as a way of venting their negative feelings.

A huge chunk of poltergeist cases are fakes, though.  In fact, some people see this as the reason why the majority of poltergeist foci are young girls.  It may not be the case that young girls are somehow more capable than other people of releasing psychic energy to cause poltergeist activity, it's just that it may be the case that young girls, suffering from the teen angst that most young girls suffer from, are more likely than other people to fake poltergeist activity as a way of getting some kind of attention.

Edited by Blackwhite, 13 November 2011 - 06:22 PM.

#49    Rocketgirl33

Rocketgirl33

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

• People who don't know how to weep with their whole heart, don't know how to laugh either.

Golda Meir

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:16 PM

View PostBlackwhite, on 13 November 2011 - 06:20 PM, said:

In my opinion poltergeists are not demons.  They are not some sort of being.  They are unwitting releases of psychic energy from a person.  This person is known as a focus.  In many cases the person may be suffering from depression, a long period of anger, or maybe just teenage angst.  But instead of venting these feelings in a physical way like most people do - physically throw an object or smash a window - the person somehow vents their anger or frustration psychically, except that they do not realise they are doing it.  So they throw objects, sometimes even people, around the room, smash windows and bang on walls using psychic energy which they have somehow emitted as a way of venting their negative feelings.

A huge chunk of poltergeist cases are fakes, though.  In fact, some people see this as the reason why the majority of poltergeist foci are young girls.  It may not be the case that young girls are somehow more capable than other people of releasing psychic energy to cause poltergeist activity, it's just that it may be the case that young girls, suffering from the teen angst that most young girls suffer from, are more likely than other people to fake poltergeist activity as a way of getting some kind of attention.

Thank you for this. Do you know if there is anyone who is the leader on this field? I would love to know more and find out if anyone know how this exchange of energy takes place. If a person can do this without knowing it, then think of what it would be like if they could control it.

Rocketgirl B)

S. King, IT

#50    encouraged

encouraged

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:47 AM

View PostRocketgirl33, on 13 November 2011 - 04:30 PM, said:

Hey Encouraged!!
Thanks for the report that was pretty good!
Rocketgirl B)
My pleasure! I learned so much so quickly that it would have been a shame to not share it around. Besides if I record it, my inability to remember it will not be a bother, cause I always remember where to return to get the records. LOL!

On poltergeists (...geest, ...goost, whatever the plural might be), I wonder if the "person of focus"--in the case of spirit activity, if such is true--OR the agent--in the case of the psych energy release cases--is always an extreem introvert? If it might be related to extreem shyness. If so, that would indicate the person being reluctant to express, in some conventional manner, their need for some degree of stress release from the intensity of their agitation or hormone changes.

Just a thought that could be investigated, as people can determine these things by records of people behavior during their life.

#51    nyuk

nyuk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:22 AM

Prob bit of a daft question.....but im still gonna ask it :)

Are these people basically using
Telekenisis without realising they could be moving things??

#52    Rocketgirl33

Rocketgirl33

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Golda Meir

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:59 AM

View Postnyuk, on 16 November 2011 - 07:22 AM, said:

Prob bit of a daft question.....but im still gonna ask it :)

Are these people basically using
Telekenisis without realising they could be moving things??
In a nut shell yes. Telekenetic energy is expelled without the consience brain knowing it.  Science believes that it comes from the "Thallamuse Gland" and yes, I probably spelled it wrong......
I believe that our spirits or souls, are energy. It makes sense to me that if we are in so much emotional pain, and teen age girls are pretty much driven by pure emotion, that our spirit can lash out with out us being in control of it. Because we don't understand how it could, then people would say "Poltergeist" or "Demon" and call a priest. I will do some more study on this, I wish I could hold as much information in my head as 'encouraged does! I just wonder that if a person could do this much damage without controling it, just think of what you could do if you could control it?! I am not sure if our world is ready for something like that! Cool subject though.

Rocket B)

S. King, IT

#53    nyuk

nyuk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:05 AM

Wow, it would be fantastic if that power could be harnessed/controlled.
Thanks
Rocket :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users