Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

One World Government - Good or Bad?

nwo one world government illuminati

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: One World Government - Good or Bad? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think a one world government would potentially be a good thing or a bad thing?

1. Good (7 votes [21.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.21%

2. Bad (18 votes [54.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

3. Unsure (8 votes [24.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.24%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,149 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

I don't think this one world government thing can be done realistically. It will be a sheer bureaucratic nightmare.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#32    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 3,988 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

Really if we reformed the UN making it truly democratic and giving them a standing force that takes volunteers from member nations then we could retain some sovereignty but have a democratic world government.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#33    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 10,415 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

A single world government is not in the cards and, although one might help a little on the margins, it is probably better to deal with international issues via negotiated treaties and single-purpose institutions.

One ideology that obsolete, however, is the non-interference rules a few governments try to maintain  -- when an autocratic government goes too far, there should be ways of dealing with it before they are entrenched or begin to bother others.

#34    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Raindrop Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:20 AM

View PostThanato, on 24 August 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Really if we reformed the UN making it truly democratic and giving them a standing force that takes volunteers from member nations then we could retain some sovereignty but have a democratic world government.

What is truly democratic? And is democracy the ultimately best thing? Especially in large scale? Your thoughts on why...

I'm just dancing, 'till dropping...

#35    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 10,415 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:42 AM

The advantage of democracy is that people have a sense of influence, even though it may be a fraud.  They also have a sense that they can overthrow the regime without violence, and maybe occasionally they can, although politicians generally try to rig things so that elections always go their way.

There are many problems with democracies, the most important being the almost total ignorance of the candidates that people are forced to vote with.  You have the carefully managed image of  the candidate and the mud-slinging, neither of which really is useful in becoming an informed voter.

Another problem with many democracies is two or more political parties, which can so control the voting in some areas as to rig elections and which eventually fall into the control of extremists and special interests --  especially two-party countries with closed primaries -- such as the US.

#36    -M7

-M7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

• Open your mind to new ideas. There can be something else in play.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

This is a insanely complicated topic.

Through I think that humanity will have to eventually unite, wether or not it will result in a one world government is unknown.

We should be concerned on how such government is formed and constituted.

The common understanding of the whole "New World Order" thing is that a shadowy and malevolent group/organization of unknown size and strength is hell bent on world conquest/world domination...Which is a bad thing.

Truly, all of humanity will have to unite in order to survive as a species at some point.
Through, that contradicts voluntary unity if you think about it, but survival is an invariable factor...So in a way: Those who unite will survive and those who do not unite with anyone at all will not survive.

#37    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 10,415 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

"New World Order" is pleasant enough sounding, which is probably why the political lunatics managed to me it sound so scary.  We need some sort of world order -- some sort of enforcement of civilized behavior within, not just between, nations, or sooner or later we will be extinct.

A single super-power such as the States could serve that role, but it has its share of political lunatics who would prevent it from doing so effectively.  Various alliances might do as much.  I don't see anything likely.

Edited by Frank Merton, 01 September 2013 - 11:50 PM.

#38    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,480 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:21 AM

Very bad

#39    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,740 posts

• Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

View Postambelamba, on 24 August 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

I don't think this one world government thing can be done realistically. It will be a sheer bureaucratic nightmare.
Which is precisely why it would be a good thing.  The more the government trips over itself, the less it can meddle in the affairs of those governed.

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#40    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,149 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

I was thinking about a rather chilling scenario. What if we develop actual AI by the time the World Government is actually needed? Much of the bureaucracy will be handed over to very efficient race of Terminators and maybe bureaucratic bottleneck might not be a problem anymore.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

Also tagged with nwo, one world government, illuminati

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users