Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

The Rake

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,762 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

The Leaf Blower......

Posted Image

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#17    .Betta

.Betta

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

View PostSakari, on 16 March 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

The Leaf Blower......

Posted Image

:rofl:

#18    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostEsoteric Toad, on 16 March 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Forget the Rake.

hilarious!! :clap:

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#19    rampaging redneck

rampaging redneck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

I do have a belief/theory that most of these alleged cryptids/urban legends/creepypasta beings are probably derived from something that has at least a grain of truth somewhere in it way back when. Not sure if this applies to the Rake, but it would be kind of cool to have that possibility.

#20    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

View Postrampaging redneck, on 20 March 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

I do have a belief/theory that most of these alleged cryptids/urban legends/creepypasta beings are probably derived from something that has at least a grain of truth somewhere in it way back when. Not sure if this applies to the Rake, but it would be kind of cool to have that possibility.

It's very possible they're inspired and take a lot of elements from existing, older legends of similar nature. That, however, does not make them true.

Still, creepypastas, true or not, are still pretty interesting to read in my opinion.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#21    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

Thanks for sharing. I've included it in the Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database

This slightly disturbing story is a *female* cryptid which is taking revenge for some act of voiolence against there own kind imo.

"...At the foot of the bed, sitting and facing away from us, there was what appeared to be a naked man, or a large hairless dog of some sort. Its body position was disturbing and unnatural, as if it had been hit by a car or something. For some reason, I was not instantly frightened by it, but more concerned as to its condition."

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#22    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostRewlahool, on 23 March 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Thanks for sharing. I've included it in the Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database

This slightly disturbing story is a *female* cryptid which is taking revenge for some act of voiolence against there own kind imo.

"...At the foot of the bed, sitting and facing away from us, there was what appeared to be a naked man, or a large hairless dog of some sort. Its body position was disturbing and unnatural, as if it had been hit by a car or something. For some reason, I was not instantly frightened by it, but more concerned as to its condition."
Oops, the southern U.S males might have a short grey coat and no tail, the opposite to the shaggy long-tailed European were-creatures.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#23    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,812 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostRewlahool, on 25 March 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

Oops, the southern U.S males might have a short grey coat and no tail, the opposite to the shaggy long-tailed European were-creatures.

And what does this thread about a creepypasta that's some part of Slenderman rip-off that at least partly originates from a website promoting an upcoming Indie horror game?

Is there anything you won't claim is a two-legged dogman or some sort of super-evolved hyrax creature?

Seriously, two legged dogman creatures taking revenge against humanity,

View PostRewlahool, on 23 March 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

This is pathetic.

That bit you just quoted only exists within the creepypasta block of text doing the rounds about this dumb Slenderman type urban myth.  There's absolutely no provenance to the story.  It was made up.  There's absolutely no references provided.  It's a fantasy.  Fiction.  Horror fiction.  And bad horror fiction at that.

But you are so inanely gullible that anything that can be taken apart, reassembled, looked at via squinty eyes, turned upside down and pulled inside out and bears some vague resemblance to something else equally as fantastical is gospel truth that proves whatever it is you're trying to prove (and that's a moving target, it's impossible to know from one day to the next what kind of glowbird, underwater giant swimming inverted owl, rock hyrax that looks like an orangutan, rock hyrax that looks like a giant woolly mammoth, etc. you're trying to promote)

There's absolutely no way you can believe this stuff.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#24    Nathan DiYorio

Nathan DiYorio

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

• Bitter words with sweet flavor are poison just the same.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 25 March 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

And bad horror fiction at that.

I rather enjoyed it.

Posted Image

#25    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

Had a feeling it was creepy-pasta.. They're entertaining sometimes, but the rake? Couldn't they come up with a creepier name?

#26    legend_lover

legend_lover

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 25 March 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

And what does this thread about a creepypasta that's some part of Slenderman rip-off that at least partly originates from a website promoting an upcoming Indie horror game?

Is there anything you won't claim is a two-legged dogman or some sort of super-evolved hyrax creature?

Seriously, two legged dogman creatures taking revenge against humanity, This is pathetic.

That bit you just quoted only exists within the creepypasta block of text doing the rounds about this dumb Slenderman type urban myth.  There's absolutely no provenance to the story.  It was made up.  There's absolutely no references provided.  It's a fantasy.  Fiction.  Horror fiction.  And bad horror fiction at that.

But you are so inanely gullible that anything that can be taken apart, reassembled, looked at via squinty eyes, turned upside down and pulled inside out and bears some vague resemblance to something else equally as fantastical is gospel truth that proves whatever it is you're trying to prove (and that's a moving target, it's impossible to know from one day to the next what kind of glowbird, underwater giant swimming inverted owl, rock hyrax that looks like an orangutan, rock hyrax that looks like a giant woolly mammoth, etc. you're trying to promote)

There's absolutely no way you can believe this stuff.

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to call someone "inanely gullible" is going too far.  Try to keep it subjective.

#27    beelzebufo

beelzebufo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

View Postlegend_lover, on 07 November 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to call someone "inanely gullible" is going too far.  Try to keep it subjective.

You do realize this conversation ended half a year ago, don't you?

I don't have any academic background or qualification or life.
However, I can absorb all substances into the body from my eyes.

#28    Cryptid_Control

Cryptid_Control

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

• “When the snows falls and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.”

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostTwilightSilver, on 14 March 2013 - 07:56 AM, said:

This link has everything the OP included, plus an explanation of the myth's origins. Worth a look for the end part all!

http://www.theunexpl...m/The-Rake.html

I just love how on this site dirrectly beside the picture of the rake was an add for how to reverse hair loss... Might want to look that up Mr. Rake

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users