Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I'd say it was around 2008 when I began receiving e.v.p on a Samsung mp3 player that had a voice record function. I would find mysterious, brief voice recordings. The first one was an older male that said Andrew, and no this isn't my name.

I'm not sure if e.v.p are of the dead or what they are, but I do know that mine are not of normal earthly origin.

I have recorded male, female and child like voices and once one that said good night in Spanish.

One of my best was in August 2012 in which after I spoke, there were whispering voices and a clear voice of an older woman that repeated what I said.

I never go out to contact some entity. At the most I just leave my camera recording video and then watch the video. Most of mine are recorded in my room when I go to bed. There is one recorded in May 2015 at a cemetery. I stepped back and in the video was a soft voice that said 'oops' and another voice toward the end.

I've uploaded this and other e.v.p to my youtube channel and so I share them with you. I rarely use noise reduction, but if I do it's very minimal and just some volume enhancement at the most. Mine are voices, not metallic sounds as others have claimed to be e.v.p.

You will hear a moaning voice when I was recording at my woods in the morning. One recording is of a voice saying 'get out'. Another of a boy saying help with a gravely voice right after.

A whispery voice that says pop pop and a growl. Pop Pop is what my father is called by my brother's children. There are other strange recordings too and I provide a description in each.

Edited by Explorer83

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Explorer83

• Hudds

• AZDZ

• Vlawde

Top Posters In This Topic

So have anyone listened and what are your thoughts?

I listened to a few, and found them very noisy, and compressed. Which made it very difficult to listen to the words, in your title.

Last but not least, they sounded produced to me?

They're not noisy at all, not compressed, and not difficult to hear. What do you mean by produced? The majority of them are all recorded on video on my Canon digital camera with the radio on when I go to bed. I don't have time to bs around, what I present are real e.v.p. Real e.v.p are not like what you mostly hear on youtube with metallic sounds. Mine are real voices.

You listen to all of them. There is a clear voice of a boy that says help, there is another which says get out. You can hear them all and you'll know which is the evp in the recording if you bother to read the description. I have the description in each video. I know there are plenty of fake evps out there but I don't fake it, and I hate those that do. I never believed in e.v.p until i began receiving these voices.

E.V.P is real, and I present some of my findings.

Edited by Explorer83

They're not noisy at all, not compressed, and unless you have a hairing impariment, they're not difficult to hear. And what do you mean by produced?

I gave you my honest opinion.

They are definitely noisy, and do sound somewhat compressed.

What on earth has is a "hairing impariment"? I assume you mean hearing impairment, No, I don't, and that is very rude of you to imply that!

The majority of them are all recorded on video on my Canon digital camera with the radio on when I go to bed.

Well, that explains the radio voices overpowering any signs of EVP. Which gave me the impression that you mixed radio broadcast voices with your EVP. I don't think it's a good idea leaving the radio on while conducting EVP's, you should avoid playing the radio when recording audio.

You listen to all of them. There is a clear voice of a boy that says help, there is another which says get out. You can hear them all and you'll know which is the evp is you bother to read the description. I have the description in each video, so you read that too. I know there are plenty of fake evps out there but I don't fake it, and I hate those that do.

I might consider listening to the rest of your EVP's, I'll comment if I do.

Edited by Hudds

E.V.P is real, and I present some of my findings.

Yes, EVP's are real, without a doubt.

I listened to all of your EVP's, in the playlist. I found EVP's titled "Get out" and "Boy saying help" a little unusual. Because when the voice/words come through, they repeat the words again but at the same time muting the radio broadcast's sound, perhaps so that they are clearly heard. I am not familiar with this kind of behaviour, but then again, I never known anyone to play the radio while recording audio, especially EVP.

There can be a possibility that most of your EVP's could be real, I won't doubt completely.

I do still think the sound had been either compressed, or slightly edited in a way for the ease of our listening, and attention.

Edited by Hudds

kinda hard to listen to. so this was just what you recorded from a radio? i can hear some evps but your clips were too short and they kept playing one after another. the cemetery one i hear "oh i'm sorry" at the very beginning and another voice later that i can't make out.

Yes, EVP's are real, without a doubt.

I listened to all of your EVP's, in the playlist. I found EVP's titled "Get out" and "Boy saying help" a little unusual. Because when the voice/words come through, they repeat the words again but at the same time muting the radio broadcast's sound, perhaps so that they are clearly heard. I am not familiar with this kind of behaviour, but then again, I never known anyone to play the radio while recording audio, especially EVP.

There can be a possibility that most of your EVP's could be real, I won't doubt completely.

I do still think the sound had been either compressed, or slightly edited in a way for the ease of our listening, and attention.

They are not noisy to a point of being hard to discern and I said before, I give a description in each video. It would be a waste of time to include the whole recording. If you read my first post, you would know I use noise reduction and volume enhancement on the minimum. I also repeat some of them. Authentic e.v.p is often very short, a phrase or so and not much more. The boy that said help was recorded while tuned in on shortwave. The voice that says Get Out was heard between the broadcaster talking. I just included the part with the e.v.p.

The Ahh voice is from the same recording and sounds just like me.

The early e.v.p researchers used radio when recording evp. Friedrich Jurgenson , Raymond Cass and Konstantin Raudive. My e.v.p are not heard at the time of recording, only on playback.

I never try contacting any spirit or any entity. I simply leave the video recorder on and then listen.

Edited by Explorer83

kinda hard to listen to. so this was just what you recorded from a radio? i can hear some evps but your clips were too short and they kept playing one after another. the cemetery one i hear "oh i'm sorry" at the very beginning and another voice later that i can't make out.

The cemetery clip is just a voice that says oops and a voice at the end. I have the radio on when I go to bed. They are heard on playback, not while recording. Yes, I repeat some of them because real e.v.p are often very short.

Sorry, I cannot take them seriously because they are recorded with a radio on. Are you familiar with 'station drift'? I'm not saying that is what is happening here but it could be therefore the evidence is of no value to me.

I don't even like spirit boxes. Most scan too slowly, at too few frequency changes per second allowing for the possibility of hearing broadcast content. Of course if the capture is in context to a question asked, that increases the probability of authenticity but some doubt remains.

The GA crew uses a good one, though. It scans so quickly and clearly there is no time for broadcast content to contaminate the sound. In-Context Captures which are clearly heard over the course of multiple frequency scans can be very compelling. Zak and the crew have even changed skeptic minds who were present at the time of capture.

Speaking of GA, I need to go find their thread...

If you read my first post, you would know I use noise reduction and volume enhancement on the minimum.

I also repeat some of them. Authentic e.v.p is often very short, a phrase or so and not much more.

I can understand that the actually captures of EVP are short, but repeating them makes them less authentic, and also considering you used some enhancements, It gives it an overall produced impression. I kindly suggest that you avoid repeating the captures in future. How much percentage of volume enhancement do you apply? I assume you mean amplify? and did you also maximize?.

The early e.v.p researchers used radio when recording evp. Friedrich Jurgenson , Raymond Cass and Konstantin Raudive.

I do understand why a few early researchers used radio during EVP sessions, there a two reasons for that, which I will explain at some point later.

e.v.p are not heard at the time of recording, only on playback.

Yes, of course.

I never try contacting any spirit or any entity. I simply leave the video recorder on and then listen.

I don't recommend communicating with spirits or any entity, unless you are prepared for the perhaps negative consequences.

Using a radio, radio scanner, shortwave, "ghost box" and other such devices are going to cause false positives. You'll get broadcast words, and like Ghost Adventures do, make you stretch to try and decipher the word and try to make it fit the circumstances.

Some say that white noise can be used as a carrier for spirits to use and manipulate to communicate. I'm on the fence about this method. You are adding noise contamination to begin with, which opens things up for audio pareidolia. I've had best results with NO background noise, complete silence. It's much easier to hear if there is anything there far as a voice, as well as rule out natural or inadvertant sounds

Sorry, I cannot take them seriously because they are recorded with a radio on. Are you familiar with 'station drift'? I'm not saying that is what is happening here but it could be therefore the evidence is of no value to me.

I don't even like spirit boxes. Most scan too slowly, at too few frequency changes per second allowing for the possibility of hearing broadcast content. Of course if the capture is in context to a question asked, that increases the probability of authenticity but some doubt remains.

The GA crew uses a good one, though. It scans so quickly and clearly there is no time for broadcast content to contaminate the sound. In-Context Captures which are clearly heard over the course of multiple frequency scans can be very compelling. Zak and the crew have even changed skeptic minds who were present at the time of capture.

Speaking of GA, I need to go find their thread...

I don't use spirit boxes. Like I said before, these are NOT heard at the time of recording! They are heard only on playback. The early e.v.p researchers used radio, namely shortwave band when conducting e.v.p experiments. The energy of the radio I believe acts as a channel or helps what ever it is come through.

Using a radio, radio scanner, shortwave, "ghost box" and other such devices are going to cause false positives. You'll get broadcast words, and like Ghost Adventures do, make you stretch to try and decipher the word and try to make it fit the circumstances.

Some say that white noise can be used as a carrier for spirits to use and manipulate to communicate. I'm on the fence about this method. You are adding noise contamination to begin with, which opens things up for audio pareidolia. I've had best results with NO background noise, complete silence. It's much easier to hear if there is anything there far as a voice, as well as rule out natural or inadvertant sounds

The voices that are clear, I make it known and they are not open to interpretation. I don't use spirit boxes. Like I said before, these are NOT heard at the time of recording! They are heard only on playback. The early e.v.p researchers used radio, namely shortwave band when conducting e.v.p experiments. The energy of the radio I believe acts as a channel or helps what ever it is come through. I would like it if before you people reply, that you actually read my words entirely instead of skimming over it. I present real e.v.p and I take it seriously.

No need to have an attitude. You DID say you had a radio on. And you talk about shortwave radios

Explorer83, I appreciate it if you could answer my question, from previous post.

• 2 months later...

No need to have an attitude. You DID say you had a radio on. And you talk about shortwave radios

I have an attitude when people fail to read a simple description and seem to fail to know the history of evp research while giving an opinion on it. My evps are real and I take it seriously. For your information, I have recorded evp in silence and with shortwave. Again, just as Friedrich Jurgenson had done.

:sleepy:

I have an attitude when people fail to read a simple description and seem to fail to know the history of evp research while giving an opinion on it. My evps are real and I take it seriously. For your information, I have recorded evp in silence and with shortwave. Again, just as Friedrich Jurgenson had done.

Welcome back, Explorer83

Do you know why Friedrich Jurgenson recorded E.V.P with shortwave?

I myself don't have a problem with half of your E.V.P recorded with shortwave, because I can understand clearly why that method was used. I just thought it would had been better, if you refrained from any minor repeats edits, and compression.

Here are two more recordings. I made them on May 16, 2016. It had rained and I put my video camera in the window sill. I wanted to record bird sounds and had no intention on recording e.v.p. There was no t.v, radio or anything on. E.v.p begin coming through during the sound of an airplane.

Throughout both recordings are voices and in the first one there is an animal sound. In the first one, a child voice says hello at 1:28.

Welcome back, Explorer83

Do you know why Friedrich Jurgenson recorded E.V.P with shortwave?

I myself don't have a problem with half of your E.V.P recorded with shortwave, because I can understand clearly why that method was used. I just thought it would had been better, if you refrained from any minor repeats edits, and compression.

Sorry we got off on a bad foot. I really try to use no edits unless the recording is long. I think shortwave was used because it was believed at certain frequencies e.v.p may be more easily heard. I recorded a really good one in 2012 though with just a box fan on while practicing on my guitar.

I also remember reading Jurgenson experienced his first e.v.p when recording bird sounds.

I've added two more audio files on my youtube I'd be glad for you to listen to if you would. I too was recording bird sounds after a rain and there are clear child like voices and a couple of older male voices. I live around the woods and except for traffic, it's mostly quiet. I do have some young neighbors but they weren't making a lot of noise yesterday and I only heard them briefly as they were going inside their house.

There's voices from early in the recording but it really starts picking up at 1:18 with a male voice and then on.

I notice e.v.p sounds different than normal speech. It's hard to explain. I also notice some times there's a sound before and after some e.v.p.

Edited by Explorer83

I think shortwave was used because it was believed at certain frequencies e.v.p may be more easily heard. I recorded a really good one in 2012 though with just a box fan on while practicing on my guitar. I also remember reading Jurgenson experienced his first e.v.p when recording bird sounds.

Spirit's find it much easier, and successful to communicate when other sound wave frequencies are

present. Spirits tune themselves to manipulate sound waves, and most of times it's the inaudible sound waves, in particular in the low-frequency region.

I've added two more audio files on my youtube I'd be glad for you to listen to if you would. I too was recording bird sounds after a rain and there are clear child like voices and a couple of older male voices. I live around the woods and except for traffic, it's mostly quiet. I do have some young neighbors but they weren't making a lot of noise yesterday and I only heard them briefly as they were going inside their house.

I will listen to your E.V.P later on, when I get a chance.

I notice e.v.p sounds different than normal speech. It's hard to explain. I also notice some times there's a sound before and after some e.v.p.

Like I mentioned above, spirits manipulate sound waves, because they don't have voices.

Being spirits, they obviously lack the necessary physical anatomy to produce speech, and because of that they are forced to bend and distort pre-existing sound waves. As a result, you will hear voices and sounds that you may be familiar with, but in reality, all you hear is an imitation. That's the reason E.V.P sounds are different than normal speech.

I am glad you are not attempting to directly communicating with entities. while conducting E.V.P sessions. My suggestion to you is try not to get deeply involved with E.V.P recording sessions, because than you may deal with A.V.P which can be unpleasant.

E.V.P recording sessions can lead to similarities as to smoking cigarettes, it can become addictive, and there is also a warning on the box.

Edited by Hudds

I am glad you are not attempting to directly communicating with entities. while conducting E.V.P sessions. My suggestion to you is try not to get deeply involved with E.V.P recording sessions, because than you may deal with A.V.P which can be unpleasant.

A.V.P ?

A.V.P ?

Audible Voice Phenomenon.

A term used when spirit voices are heard, without the use of audio recording devices and playback.

I tried listening to your recordings on youtube titled EVP voices with bird sounds, and Bird Sounds EVP 1 and I can't seem to hear anything unusual?

Where about in those clips was any E.V.P captured?

Are you in some sort of park or other public place? Because I clearly hear real people throughout the files. They couldn't be more contaminated.

The radio files are worthless imo because they are of the radio, station drift could account for them.

The cemetery file is the only one I like. I hear, "hear me now" Were you calling out for a spirit to communicate when you caught that one, was it a contextual response?

Edited by AZDZ