Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing Time / Regression Hypnosis

This is my first time talking about this, outside of a few VERY close friends, whom I trust. I can't say for sure that I have been abducted, but a few instances of missing time, and an irrational fear of the 'greys' has affected me to the point of serious life-changes. One of the primary 'missing time' episodes happened in 1994 (25 years old), and I have lived with the fear of what might've happened. Now, 19 years later, I can't stop thinking about it. I've considered regression hypnosis, but although half of me wants to know what happened, the other half has been too frightened of the possibility of an abduction. I don't sleep in my bed, unless my partner is with me. When I'm alone, I have an extremely hard time sleeping, and will usually finally drop off for a couple of hours, on my couch, with the television on. I should mention my couch is near a door to the outside, which somehow comforts me.

I also remember missing time once back in the 80's, and then once in the 70's as a child. I don't remember being aboard any time of 'craft' but when I've seen television shows about it, my heart starts pumping, and I often need to turn the channel.

I can go into great detail about the missing time in 1994, but for brevity's sake, I told my roommate that I would be home no later than 2AM. My last stop before heading home happened just after 1AM, and I knew I had plenty of time to get home from there. Many clocks were checked along the way, because I wanted to be respectful to my roommate, and I should have been home by 1:40 at the most. I arrived at 3:45PM. It was not a 'daylight savings time-change' weekend... I do not drink nor do drugs. I had a complete physical prior to the incident as a routine for a job that I had just taken, and I do not have epilepsy, nor have I ever had a seizure. What scares me, is that I was driving during the whole missing time episode. My truck was unharmed, and I don't believe I could've gotten into a vehicle accident. Once home, I checked all the clocks (once my roommate told me I was an hour and 45 minutes late), and I even called 'time' (remember when you could dial a number on the phone, and it would tell you the precise time?). As I mentioned, this was one of a few missing time episodes.

Can anyone recommend a good regression hypnotist who will not ridicule me ...? I'm nervous to tell my story, even to a professional hypnotist, but I feel it's time. I live in the North San Francisco Bay Area. Any help would be appreciated. Please feel free to email me at: tagster@cds1.net <----that's a number one, after the cds part.

THANK YOU for any help any of you could provide.

I can go into great detail about the missing time in 1994, but for brevity's sake, I told my roommate that I would be home no later than 2AM. My last stop before heading home happened just after 1AM, and I knew I had plenty of time to get home from there. Many clocks were checked along the way, because I wanted to be respectful to my roommate, and I should have been home by 1:40 at the most. I arrived at 3:45PM. It was not a 'daylight savings time-change' weekend... I do not drink nor do drugs. I had a complete physical prior to the incident as a routine for a job that I had just taken, and I do not have epilepsy, nor have I ever had a seizure. What scares me, is that I was driving during the whole missing time episode. My truck was unharmed, and I don't believe I could've gotten into a vehicle accident. Once home, I checked all the clocks (once my roommate told me I was an hour and 45 minutes late), and I even called 'time' (remember when you could dial a number on the phone, and it would tell you the precise time?). As I mentioned, this was one of a few missing time episodes.

missing time? maybe you just dozed off and don't have any recollection of it? how can you be sure? did other witnesses see you disappear for 2 hours?

http://www.webmd.com/brain/memory-loss

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply, mcrom901. I read through your webmd link, and saw many factors that I've considered since the event in 1994. I was a healthy 25 year old, not on medications, drugs, alcohol, smoking; I wasn't experincing head injury, stroke, dementia, etc. Believe me, I've tried to assign some rational solution, but here I am, in my 40's, still plagued by what may have happened. It was common for me to be out at that late, at the time, but if I had pulled over to sleep, I know I would've remembered it; and thus, remembered waking up and continuing the drive home. Had I fallen alseep while driving, I'm certain that I would've found damage to my truck.

There were no witnesses during that time that I 'lost.' The man I had dropped off confirmed that I left his place just after 1AM. My roommate confirmed my arrival at home at 3:45AM.

I've also had a few other instances of missing time that I've dismissed as fatigue or sleepwalking, although I'm not positive exactly what happened.

At any rate, I'm ready to try and found out what happened...hence, my asking about a reliable hypnotherapist above. As I mentioned before my quality of life has changed (not sleeping in my bedroom, but on my couch, near a door to outside, with TV and/or lights on....panicking the first time I saw the cover of the book 'Communion,' just to name a few). Thank you all for your help.

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply, mcrom901. I read through your webmd link, and saw many factors that I've considered since the event in 1994. I was a healthy 25 year old, not on medications, drugs, alcohol, smoking; I wasn't experincing head injury, stroke, dementia, etc. Believe me, I've tried to assign some rational solution, but here I am, in my 40's, still plagued by what may have happened. It was common for me to be out at that late, at the time, but if I had pulled over to sleep, I know I would've remembered it; and thus, remembered waking up and continuing the drive home. Had I fallen alseep while driving, I'm certain that I would've found damage to my truck.

There were no witnesses during that time that I 'lost.' The man I had dropped off confirmed that I left his place just after 1AM. My roommate confirmed my arrival at home at 3:45AM.

I've also had a few other instances of missing time that I've dismissed as fatigue or sleepwalking, although I'm not positive exactly what happened.

At any rate, I'm ready to try and found out what happened...hence, my asking about a reliable hypnotherapist above. As I mentioned before my quality of life has changed (not sleeping in my bedroom, but on my couch, near a door to outside, with TV and/or lights on....panicking the first time I saw the cover of the book 'Communion,' just to name a few). Thank you all for your help.

It sounds like you could have been abducted. I've read through many cases and think missing time is a type of forced amnesia to supress memories aboard the craft.

Check out this link:

http://nawewtech.angelfire.com/alienabduction.html

• Like 1

Thank you for your response topsecretresearch. I will check out your links for sure. I'm a newbie to these types of forums, and chose to write here, because this site showed up near the top of my google search. I will go to the MUFON site. I agree about the whole 'silly debunker' routine, and thank you for pointing me in the right direction. If I am able to gather the courage for regression hypnotism, I will be open-minded. I've tried to debunk my own experience for going on 20 years. I realize that there may be a myriad of explanations as to what has been happening to me with regard to these 'missing time' episodes. It's entirely possible that I had some kind of 'one-time' seizure... and if that's so, I would want to know that too.

Thanks for not ridiculing me, as the fear of ridicule has been a big reason that I've never written about this before... and as I mentioned earlier, I've only shared my story with very few close friends whom I trust. I actually visited a psychiatrist for the first time in my life, about 2 months after the 1994 event. I was nervous, and troubled about telling my story to the doctor, and it seemed like he dismissed my story, and was of no help to me, despite never having any mental issues on record. I actually felt worse after that visit to the psychiatrist,.

Next stop, MUFON. Thanks again for your help.

because this site showed up near the top of my google search. I will go to the MUFON site.

The only forums I can think of that isn't crawling with cover-up people is the Edge Of Reality forums.

http://theedgeofreality.proboards.com/index.cgi

It's by former MUFON members and abductees. You'll be treated nicely there if you think you may have been abducted. A former MUFON FI from California works with abductess and does hypnotic regression with his wife in the San Fran area.

http://theedgeofreality.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=steve

Be weary of UM, Above Top Secret, UFO Casebook forums, UFO Evolution ect. It's one reason I believe I'm being electronically harassed and it coincides with posting UFO and alien info here. These sites are well designed and easy to find by a newby and not a good or smart place to seek advice.

Stay away from the following if you want good advice and don't want someone keeping tabs on you becuase of your experience:

- If a well designed web site looks a little funny or tabloid. It's the paranormal equivalent of a Gieko Commercial or The National Enquierer.

Obviously the intenition here is to marginalize the subject matter. There's usually a trash and debunk routine on the forums. If you see people who's main contention is with aliens then that isn't a very good sign. If you see a name like "James Oberg" posting to a forum such as this one then that's bad news.

Inquire to a UFO organization or a support group. You can always leave if you don't like it but you'll get better advice regarding a hypnotherapist etc.

• Like 1

Thank you, topsecretresearch, for the information, and your guidance. It makes sense, and I hadn't thought of anyone keeping tabs. Yes, I am a newbie, and I just dove right in, without doing my research on smart places or forums to seek advice. Thanks also for the links, I'll check them out.

I genuinely appreciate your candor.

Be weary{sic} of UM, Above Top Secret, UFO Casebook forums, UFO Evolution ect. It's one reason I believe I'm being electronically harassed and it coincides with posting UFO and alien info here.

Yes, he's right. The MIB are onto him, as he is the only one who has figured it all out, yet they can't seem to stop him posting - he just gets 'harrassed' in an unspecified way... (There is an alternative explanation for what is happening, but it is far too unlikely to even suggest........ :huh: )

To the OP, I have a couple of questions:

1. Do you really think a decent medical practitioner is going to laugh? If so, it seems you are admitting to yourself subconciously that this might be in your head. There is no shame in that - our heads are marvelous at making stuff up or bending our memories a bit and sometimes we might need help unraveling reality from perception.

2. Is it possible that you have already decided that you will only accept one explanation? If so, then i would suggest you go to a person who makes money from UFO stuff or hypnotism - you know the type - see TSR's posts above for 'tips'.. Yes, I'm sure *they* will be more likely to give you the 'answers' you might want to hear.

3. Think about it - are the people who run UFO=alienz websites or who are devout members of organisations like MUFON, likely to be able to give you unbiased advice? What do you think *they* want to hear?

As an example, I have very politely sent full explanations of some 'ufo' sightings to persons who run these websites and to MUFON - I've even duplicated the images and/or pointed them to Google Earth to show them the object that they are showing as unexplained. Have my responses ever been accepted or published by them? Have they even acknowledged them or debated them to prove me wrong? I think you can guess the answer. (and I'm happy to give an example)

And if you see someone naming names and telling you to avoid them without a shred of evidence then use a bit of common sense. If you just want folks to believe a wild story and not use genuine unbiased expertise to tease out the reality, then there are thousands, perhaps millions of eager true believers who will egg you on.. The Internet is not the place to go for the advice you seem to be genuinely seeking unless you are very, very good at sorting the wheat from the (biased-, trolling- or delusional-) chaff.

BTW, have you looked carefully into regression hypnosis and the dangers/issues? Do so.

Finally, many people, myself included, have 'missing time episodes' that are simply occasions when your brain goes into 'automatic' - recently after arriving home I could not for the life of me remember any part whatsoever of the last hour of the drive. But that simply means I was pre-occupied with something else and my brain didn't regard any of the occurrences (which included lots of traffic, roundaboouts, traffic lights, freeway travel, etc) as worthy of keeping... Now if that sort of thing happens to someone with an existing pre-disposition/interest/fear, then ...

• Like 5

Sorry but I could read past the first line. Whatever you say though.

2. Is it possible that you have already decided that you will only accept one explanation? If so, then i would suggest you go to a person who makes money from UFO stuff or hypnotism - you know the type - see TSR's posts above for 'tips'.. Yes, I'm sure *they* will be more likely to give you the 'answers' you might want to hear.

This isn't true especially with the person in question. It's one reason you should be weary of these types of sites for advice. Many of these so called debunkers don't really read actual missing time cases and would be hard pressed to actually name any.

Hypnotic regression has actually been helpful for abductees. I think it's worth pursuing if you find a person you are comfortable with but if you are an abductee coming to a tabloid paranormal/ UFO forum like this one is not the best place for advice. Your best bet is the advice that I've already stated. Seek out other abductees (support group), ask a UFO organization.

Edited by topsecretresearch

ROBERT BIGLELOW PAYED THIS GUY OFF FOR HIS ALIEN ABDUCTION RESEARCH!!!!

It was a huge controversy at MUFON

Budd Hopkins, noted UFO investigator and author, is interviewed about UFOs, abductions, missing time, false and repressed memories, alien beings, and the purpose of the UFO phenomena.

please please do NOT go to mufon..

if anyone would like i can provide much info as to why..and evidence and links

sorry, but at this time, they have their own 'agenda'..one that many have no idea of when it comes to experiencers

as a very probable abductee, as well as my family members, i will tell you, that is is NOT necessary.anyway

the first real step is coming to terms with the possibility, and then the memories, not necessarily of the actual event itself but of 'other' things that relate to the visitors will surface when the experiencer is ready. and of course, any hypnotherapy attempted while the experiencer is still in 'shock' stage and has barriers, will simply not work not to mention the 'screens' that the visitors are adept at

you need to research this way way more,, imo, before you attempt or decide on hypnotherapy. feel free to visit the little site below for experiencers, and i can give to links and links to many others..take your time, this is important, and going to the wrong person can really screw up your life :(

well, anytime you want to talk, feel free :) please, please, do not rush into this..lots of strangeness out there nowadays :)

Why in the heck would anyone prefer to have been abducted by aliens instead of the other, mundane, explanations?! Its not "exotic" in any way and you are not "special" or "chosen" either,... its pure fantasy prone personality and delusion.

If you really are worried about this, I suggest that you seek real help,... instead of letting the woo woos here at UM fill your head with more nonsense.

• Like 3

please please do NOT go to mufon..

if anyone would like i can provide much info as to why..and evidence and links

sorry, but at this time, they have their own 'agenda'..one that many have no idea of when it comes to experiencers

as a very probable abductee, as well as my family members, i will tell you, that is is NOT necessary.anyway

the first real step is coming to terms with the possibility, and then the memories, not necessarily of the actual event itself but of 'other' things that relate to the visitors will surface when the experiencer is ready. and of course, any hypnotherapy attempted while the experiencer is still in 'shock' stage and has barriers, will simply not work not to mention the 'screens' that the visitors are adept at

you need to research this way way more,, imo, before you attempt or decide on hypnotherapy. feel free to visit the little site below for experiencers, and i can give to links and links to many others..take your time, this is important, and going to the wrong person can really screw up your life :(

well, anytime you want to talk, feel free :) please, please, do not rush into this..lots of strangeness out there nowadays :)

A screen memory is sometimes employed to mask the actual abduction experience. Missing time is a type of forced amnesia to conceal details of the abduction event.

Many missing time cases do not occur while a person is sleeping and are UFO related so it could not be sleep paralysis. I also do not think these people lose track of time because of they suffer from fantasies.

* snip *

Edited by Saru
Video removed due to copyright

Thank you for your response topsecretresearch. I agree about the whole 'silly debunker' routine, and thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

I think this says all I need to hear?

If I am able to gather the courage for regression hypnotism, I will be open-minded.

And the money. If you did not remember alienz before, and "regressive hypnosis" you most likely will no matter what your experience. It is known these people do more damage than good and do indeed implant memories. All you are doing is funding unsavoury people.

I've tried to debunk my own experience for going on 20 years.

I truly find that hard to believe. After 20 years, this was the best you could do?

• Like 4

I know this has been posted in the forum before but I really think it will fit quite nicely in this thread. This is why you avoid regression/hypnotherapist at all cost. They're B**l$h*t!

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Video removed due to copyright
  • Like 3

I know this has been posted in the forum before but I really think it will fit quite nicely in this thread. This is why you avoid regression/hypnotherapist at all cost. They're B**l$h*t!

*snip*

It's easy to call something BS if it's not happening to you.

I have had sleep paralysis and missing time experiences numerous times, even when I was a hardcore believer in alien abduction and the paranormal I never chalked it up to an abduction. My first sleep paralysis happened when I was thirteen. I awoke in the middle of the night, couldn't move, and what was looking down upon me? Truth be told it was a slim bodied entity with the head of a praying mantis. I was scared out of my wits at the time, anyways I fell asleep. The next morning I started researching about strange dreams and such. Learned what sleep paralysis is and realised that was what had happened. The problem with regression therapy and hypnosis is your mind is far to open to suggestion. If the video that I posted wasn't removed you would have seen how much the people who claim alien abduction are being victimized by charlatan therapists that milk them for every penny that they're worth.

• Like 2

It's easy to call something BS if it's not happening to you.

It's easy to call regressive hypnotists BS too. Because that is not only how they work, it appears to be the only qualification required as well.

• Like 2

I have had sleep paralysis and missing time experiences numerous times, even when I was a hardcore believer in alien abduction and the paranormal I never chalked it up to an abduction. My first sleep paralysis happened when I was thirteen. I awoke in the middle of the night, couldn't move, and what was looking down upon me? Truth be told it was a slim bodied entity with the head of a praying mantis. I was scared out of my wits at the time, anyways I fell asleep. The next morning I started researching about strange dreams and such. Learned what sleep paralysis is and realised that was what had happened. The problem with regression therapy and hypnosis is your mind is far to open to suggestion. If the video that I posted wasn't removed you would have seen how much the people who claim alien abduction are being victimized by charlatan therapists that milk them for every penny that they're worth.

one minute,..

can we rule out substance side effects?

i mean even a good ambien buzz and man....

i took 5 of those suckers once (you know to stay up and fight the effects in reward for the buzz) not only did i lose time i actually went back in time.

this is how im certain there were ancient aliens. i saw them. i even heard georgio tsoukalis narrating the whole "trip" ad then i fell off my bed and looked up at the tv and ancient aliens was on. so,.. i dont know if the event actually was real or it was surreal. either way, it shows the altercations from drugs on the mind.

I also remember missing time once back in the 80's, and then once in the 70's as a child.

I can go into great detail about the missing time in 1994,

Excuse my sarcasm above. Although i am a jokester i do not rule out anything. that fact that you do not elaborate on green or gray figures with prongs only make this appear to have some merit.

if its not asking too much and you have time can you please write about what happen and in details as you can recall? id love to hear about all accounts but if thats asking a lot then atleast the most recent. like was the road you were driving on during the time of abductiion on a highway , were several other cars present, was it a quiet road and town, etc,, every detail the way you go about it id like to know for not only your benefit but my own interest on the account.

also an important question, at what point and how did you come to the suggestion of the possibility of alien abduction? because i find it interesting that you mention you have an unfound fear when you see shows on this or shows that come across aliens/spaceships on tv,.

did this fear begin after you were open to the possibility of abdection?

one more thing, do you have any dreams of other oddities (i know we all have bizarre dreams) but specifically did you have dreams right after these events that were somehow connected to other beings or estranged locations or activities, or anything you think is somehow reminiscent of a possible abduction

i agree that hypnosis is designed to implant suggestion in place of fear (where one would be vulnerable to suggestion and then poison their mind with false and fabricated ideas, even if you were infact abducted. do not bother with expensive hypnosis. besides there is a small overlooked fact, less than 10% of people can even be successfully hypnotized. stay away.

thanks