Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

May have sensed the recently deceased.

greengenes

Had a death in the family recently. I knew they were in the hospital and it wasn't looking good.

While I was sitting at home, I smelled cigarette smoke. No one in my home smokes and the windows were not open. An hour or so later I was informed of the passing of my relative which I was told occurred right around the time I smelled the cigarette smoke. The person who passed away was a chain smoker. As soon as I smelled that smell, I thought of them.

Possibilities that crossed my mind,

• I smelled something else in the house that I thought was cigarette smoke.
  • My relative's spirit was going around checking in on some of us before moving on.
  • The smell was generated by my mind as a signal for some sort of telepathic link or psychic impression about the passing of my relative, either a link directly to them or a link to another person that was visiting them in the hospital.

This isn't the first time I've had a weird feeling when someone passed away that I knew, but it's the first time where something occurred to one of my senses (smell).

For about a month prior to the relative's passing or so I've been in a very active state of mind. I've been moving around like I'm lighter on my feet, talking louder instead of mumbling, and I've even been cleaning up around the house rather vigorously and efficiently (I'm usually a bit of a slob). I've felt like a switch flipped in my mind and I'm in a different mode. I mention this because odd behavior and strange smells can also indicate a brain tumor. So far my behavior has been positive, or at least I think so, but it is still different.

The believer in me hopes it's not a tumor or something like that and instead I did actually experience something when my relative passed away.

• Like 1

Your family member may have crossed over when that came to you.

My condolences to you and your family.