Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Best evidence for ET visitation - 4th edition

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#241    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 26 March 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

Here is another cracker though Hazz

The craft is reported to be 8 foot wide, 8 foot high.

What do you reckon of that? :D

A lego Borg cube? :unsure2:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#242    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,955 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

View PostHazzard, on 26 March 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

That would be the two fishermen who claimed to have been abducted, back in 1973.

http://en.wikipedia....goula_Abduction

A couple of red flags.

*Parker claimed that he could not recall what had happened to him inside the craft, although later, during sessions of hypnotic regression he offered some hazy details.

*In a later interview over 20 years after the initial incident, Parker's story became much more elaborate.

*He then claimed that 19 years later, he came in contact with the same craft again. This time he voluntarily walked aboard the craft and met with the same female being that had examined his body in 1973. He claimed he had a conversation with the being, in English, in which she communicated to him a religious message. She informed him that they shared the same God, that the bible was an authentic text, and that her species wanted to live on earth but could not due to humanity's tendency towards war and destruction.

An interesting story, to say the least. But, as most of the time when it comes to these UFO cases, all we have is a story. Nothing to investigate really, so I believe we ended up with the USUAL believe it or not?

please do ellaborate on the 'red flags' Hazz......I dont see the problem!

(remember context is crucial as is the mental state of Parker and its rapid deteriation since the event.....)

#243    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,955 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 25 March 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

So did  you guys come to an agreement on the whole Pascagoula case?

look up the Pascagoula thread here on UM, makes for  a good read IMO

#244    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,955 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

I agree mate the 20 years return trip is definitely the most dubious part of the tale.

hmmm so the account given by this mentally disturbed person 20 years on from the 'event' that sent him crazy is the most dubious part....

then we have a great case by default, right?

Here is another cracker though Hazz

The craft is reported to be 8 foot wide, 8 foot high.

What do you reckon of that? :D

I reckon we would struggle to reconcile the beings let alone the craft and us not being able to do so doesnt diminish the event nor the descriptions. IMO

#245    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

View Postquillius, on 26 March 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

please do ellaborate on the 'red flags' Hazz......I dont see the problem!

With the examples I gave,... You seriously dont know what a "red flag" is in this context?

Edited by Hazzard, 26 March 2013 - 11:59 AM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#246    sk8tan71

sk8tan71

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

I just look at an ET visiting earth from a common sense standpoint.....what does this rock have to offer that you can't find anywhere else in this arm of the Milky Way?

In a word....NOTHING.

There is water on Mars (far less of it) and on Europa (far more of it) than what is on earth.
If the theories about the gas giants are correct, then the cores of these planets are diamonds the size of earth.
If you need a gas like methane, there is a greater abundance of it on Titan.
It is a mathematical certainty you can find precious metals such as gold, silver, platinum and the like in greater quantities on other planets.
Mankind as a species really isn't that special, we had the pieces to start the Industrial Revolution 1700 years before it happened but were too stupid to put the pieces together, plus we destroy knowledge just to "discover" once again hundred of years later.

Depending on your view, the earth is either the Mississippi or the North Korea of the Milky Way galaxy.

In the beginning the universe was created.  This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

#247    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,955 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostHazzard, on 26 March 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

With the examples I gave,... You seriously dont know what a "red flag" is in this context?

ok, so your examples are introduced with the words 'a couple of red flags'.....

there are not a couple (of potential) red flags there just one, i.e. what he originally said versus what he says 20 years later.....both are needed to create the one red flag....so where is the other? thats my first question.

secondly in context which needs to include mental state 20 years on, how does what a mentally unstable person says 20 years on from an event constitute a red flag?

so I guess no I dont know, please do ellaborate

#248    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,955 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

View Postsk8tan71, on 26 March 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

I just look at an ET visiting earth from a common sense standpoint.....what does this rock have to offer that you can't find anywhere else in this arm of the Milky Way?

In a word....NOTHING.

There is water on Mars (far less of it) and on Europa (far more of it) than what is on earth.
If the theories about the gas giants are correct, then the cores of these planets are diamonds the size of earth.
It is a mathematical certainty you can find precious metals such as gold, silver, platinum and the like in greater quantities on other planets.
Mankind as a species really isn't that special, we had the pieces to start the Industrial Revolution 1700 years before it happened but were too stupid to put the pieces together, plus we destroy knowledge just to "discover" once again hundred of years later.

Depending on your view, the earth is either the Mississippi or the North Korea of the Milky Way galaxy.

using your common sense standpoint, Earth is special in comparison to Europa and Mars .......because......it harbours life....

so its quite obvious why we are a more interesting piece of rock than Mars or Europa IMO

edit to add: unless of course you class life as ..NOTHING?

Edited by quillius, 26 March 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#249    sk8tan71

sk8tan71

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

View Postquillius, on 26 March 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

using your common sense standpoint, Earth is special in comparison to Europa and Mars .......because......it harbours life....

so its quite obvious why we are a more interesting piece of rock than Mars or Europa IMO

You're making an assumption that life doesn't exist elsewhere in this solar system let alone the galaxy, also you are making the assumption that all life has to be carbon based due to how life developed here.  What is to say life cannot be beryllium, silicon, or boron based?  I'm not saying that is the case, but based on how little we know about the universe in general, hell even how little we know about our own block to assume that life can only be carbon based.

Granted, my argument takes into account that most life in the universe is carbon based, so that would make this planet rather unremarkable to a space-faring society.  Yay, another planet with life on it....they're going to be wearing the been there, done that t-shirt.  So yes, in the grand scheme of things, this planet doesn't offer anything really special in comparison to other spots in our solar system let alone the rest of the galaxy.

In the beginning the universe was created.  This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

#250    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,422 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

View Postsk8tan71, on 26 March 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

In a word....NOTHING.

yes, that's what I try to argue, that, if an ET race was exploring our system, they'd give this planet as much attention as they would any of the other smaller planets, but they probably wouldn't find its inhabitants anywhere near technologically advanced enough to be worth saying Howdy to.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#251    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,422 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

View Postquillius, on 26 March 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

it may be that Life is so common that finding it on another planet in another system wouldn't be anything particularly worth writing home about* (from the ETs' point of view). And besides, maybe they know that there is life on Europa, and that there once was on Mars, so this would just be another one to make a note of. :lol:

* or phoning (ho ho)

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#252    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,105 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

To those that made it happen, thank you for closing that ridiculous AA thread.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#253    bee

bee

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,940 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 26 March 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

To those that made it happen, thank you for closing that ridiculous AA thread.

yes the behaviour of the 'sceptics' was appalling....unchecked.... and breaking forum rules in numerous posts....

but they got their crafty way and got the thread closed....

by the way...you didn't HAVE to read it you know... :rolleyes:

#254    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,955 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

View Postsk8tan71, on 26 March 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

You're making an assumption that life doesn't exist elsewhere in this solar system let alone the galaxy, also you are making the assumption that all life has to be carbon based due to how life developed here.  What is to say life cannot be beryllium, silicon, or boron based?  I'm not saying that is the case, but based on how little we know about the universe in general, hell even how little we know about our own block to assume that life can only be carbon based.

Granted, my argument takes into account that most life in the universe is carbon based, so that would make this planet rather unremarkable to a space-faring society.  Yay, another planet with life on it....they're going to be wearing the been there, done that t-shirt.  So yes, in the grand scheme of things, this planet doesn't offer anything really special in comparison to other spots in our solar system let alone the rest of the galaxy.

hmmm......I am not making any assumptions juyst working with what we know.

You say the difference between Earth and Mars is nothing...........which I dont agree with as life is a major difference.

Where would you rather do lots of scientific research...... Sahara  (mars) or the Amazon (earth)?

and to respond to Lord Vetinari ( PKA747) , yes life may have existed on Mars as it may have done in the Sahara...you would still opt for the Amazon though where life is currently flourishing, right?

#255    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,955 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

View Postbee, on 26 March 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

yes the behaviour of the 'sceptics' was appalling....unchecked.... and breaking forum rules in numerous posts....

but they got their crafty way and got the thread closed....

by the way...you didn't HAVE to read it you know... :rolleyes:

It did amaze me that thread......over 600 pages arguing with someone who knows nothing and ignores all the evidence (according to a majority of those participating)....quite baffling indeed

:st (hope you are well BTW)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users