Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Boy survives 9 weeks in Australian outback

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

View Postpallidin, on 30 January 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

He was only 1-mile from home when he was found after 9-weeks missing?

Not saying that he was that close for the entire 9-weeks... likely not, but REALLY, I would have expected a little more from the search party.

It's not the Amazon jungle there
Haha it's not quite 'the outback' or 'the wild' either.

Maybe he just wanted to try out a new fad diet... Seemed to have worked quite well. (I really think it is a sad story don't worry)

Ohhhhh and that kid that walked out of the forest in Berlin made it all up: http://www.telegraph...-it-all-up.html

I must have missed that update back in mid 2012 :tsu:

Posted Image

#17    smokeycat

smokeycat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 81 posts

• Science is about open-minded inquiry.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostMajor Payne, on 30 January 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

The problem is if you walk North you are walking into untouched bushland for around 600-800 kilometres which itself spreads out to an area approx the size of Florida or Great Britain.

Great Britain's area size is much larger than Florida's (The UK is obviously even larger at around 1.5 times that of Florida).

:tu:

#18    Chooky88

Chooky88

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

As an Aussie born and bred who loves in the country I feel There is a bit of BS on behalf of the kid. Sure he lost half his body weight but he was near civilisation, food and water taps. put him in real outback and he will be dead within a week like the rest of us.

#19    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• 1,282 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

He must of been watching Man vs. Wild

#20    ozman

ozman

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

• dailytechfix.com is my fav tech news.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

The I shouldn't be alive - tv show team need to remake this boy's experience by interviewing him cuz it's a story I sure want to watch.

I Shouldn't Be Alive- Lost in the Outback

Edited by ozman, 31 January 2013 - 10:11 PM.

Posted Image

#21    Major Payne

Major Payne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

View Postsmokeycat, on 31 January 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

Great Britain's area size is much larger than Florida's (The UK is obviously even larger at around 1.5 times that of Florida).

:tu:
Just wanted to give an example for persons around the world Smokey.
It is all approximation I am not saying one area is exactly the same size as another.
Let's just say it's a "biggish" area. :yes:

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.".....
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.".......quotes from Winston Churchill

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

#22    smokeycat

smokeycat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 81 posts

• Science is about open-minded inquiry.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostMajor Payne, on 01 February 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

Just wanted to give an example for persons around the world Smokey.
It is all approximation I am not saying one area is exactly the same size as another.
Let's just say it's a "biggish" area. :yes:

:tu: :tu: :tu:

#23    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• 1,114 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

View Post27vet, on 31 January 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

They should have used an Aboriginal tracker. Like our Bushmen trackers in Southern Africa, they can track a lizard over rocks. We used them to track an air crash survivor that wandered off to nowhere.

there are not many of those around the city area's.. you need to head right out bush to find a decent tracker these days..

#24    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostDingoLingo, on 01 February 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

there are not many of those around the city area's.. you need to head right out bush to find a decent tracker these days..

Even then sometimes it's better to look harder, it's sad I have met some really incredible elders but they are a dying breed like people that use common sense or logic.

To those who say it's on purpose, who the **** gets themselve screwed up with gangrene on purpose. If so that's punishment from the universe nuff said.

Poor kid, I still do not understand how he got out there, there's probally 3 scenarios that I can think of and 2 of them are "odd" in my opinion and the other is tough s***. 1) He got lost... Why we you in the heartland of bush without any equipment especially if you were by yourself, any self proclaim "hiker" has even a crappy gps or sos gps. 2) He's really p***ed somebody off and they have dumped him in the bush as a punishment of sorts (well known infamous torture in Australia)... in that case you're a complete ****** and you have just wasted generous peoples time. 3) An UNEXPLAINED MYSTERY... *twilight zone music* adubctee, experiment/initiation (secret society/military/spy), religious, spiritual... jeez the list goes on but really all that does is enhance the fact it is probally bs if it's mainstream. You'd have to watch how many interviews/tv appearances/radio appearances he does to see how much the bs-o-metre fills up.

I used to walk the creeks around my town when I was growing up it'd be suprising on how far you could get (during day time of coarse) so I can understand the adventure sense about it if he went on his own free will, only diff is I was 7-8 years old he's nearly an adult. Stopped after 4-5 years of doing it when I seen a 2m+ goanna on a paperbark tree pretty high up but that was in the entry of my tracks by that point. Took that as a sign that I was finished exploring haha.

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#25    Xpeople

Xpeople

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

Great endurance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users