Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Global Gun Control Threat

global gun control repeal second amendment

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#256    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostMstrMsn, on 05 January 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

Did I ever say anything about the government following the rule of law? Nope.

The NDAA does not supercede the US Constitution, nor can any Executive Order (and NDAA is an EO, not amendment). Also, look at the wording of the NDAA - strict requirements, just like Martial Law (though, the requirements differ - because they are different things).

Also, before the Patriot Act (while I don't agree with it, I will use the proper wording as to not show ignorance or arrogance - take your pick) there was an Act called FISA - which basically allowed LEOs to circumvent the 4th, for the same reasons.

I guess an incomplete picture is better than no picture at all, but your statement regarding FISA is very incomplete, suggesting ignorance of the subject matter.  Under FISA, the feds can make searches WITHOUT a warrant, but they must inform and apply to the FISA court, which is a special court, within a specific time frame, I think 48 hours of the time of the warrantless search.  Then the court rules either for or against the search.  Way less than 1% of cases are rejected by the court.

FISA II, passed when Obama was a mere Senator, also granted immunity to the various telecomm companies who had done the dirty work for the NSA during Bush's administration.

No, I do not respect the UNpatriot Act.  It is not legitimate law.  Neither I nor librarians have any obligation to obey a fraudulent law.  They had the courage to take action in that regard, and I admire them for it.

#257    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

And yet another gun incident. How many Americans must die before the Americans themselves say "enough"?

#258    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

How many gun casualties does Australia have anymore?

#259    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,393 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

View PostMstrMsn, on 05 January 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

OMG!!! The deaths...wait, the numbers provided there are not all deaths.

Also, nothing on that says anything about Automatic weapons. So, I will ask this one last time.... where is your emperical evidence?
The evidence and IT is emperical indeed is in the news every hour on our planet !  ITs time to change the way we think !

This is a Work in Progress!

#260    MstrMsn

MstrMsn

Psychic Spy

• 1,023 posts

• "If you don't like the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question!"

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 06 January 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

The evidence and IT is emperical indeed is in the news every hour on our planet !  ITs time to change the way we think !

And you know who has the automatic weapons? The CRIMINALS. War Lords. Tyrannical governmental leaders. 3rd world countries that have no laws regulating firearms (though, if we take them away from the civilians, they'll be massacred by the war lords and tyrannical government leaders - FACT).

You are being idiotic in your statements. You need to actually educate yourself about firearms facts, and no from liberally biased sources - actual firearms experts.

We are born with 2 fears: Falling, and loud noises, all others are LEARNED.
You say fear is all in the mind. I say you are right; for it is our imagination that makes things seem scary.
If you want to learn how to not be afraid, ask.

#261    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,393 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

View PostMstrMsn, on 07 January 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

And you know who has the automatic weapons? The CRIMINALS. War Lords. Tyrannical governmental leaders. 3rd world countries that have no laws regulating firearms (though, if we take them away from the civilians, they'll be massacred by the war lords and tyrannical government leaders - FACT).

You are being idiotic in your statements. You need to actually educate yourself about firearms facts, and no from liberally biased sources - actual firearms experts.
My opinion is that People are whom Kill with these Guns !Get all the Fully Automatic weapons off the market,and deaths will drop. This is a Fact. THen the CRIMINALS and WAR LORDS as you speak,in whice Im sure you quiver in your bed at night in fear of ,Can then be caught and put to death when caught  with said weapons ! Sounds  EMPERICAL   ?  I think not ! Sounds Like a Plan ! Idiotic Only in your preception !

#262    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,393 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

View PostObviousman, on 06 January 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

And yet another gun incident. How many Americans must die before the Americans themselves say "enough"?
I hear you Obviousman ! Looks like Way too many Americans Are still eattin Big-Macs and way too many of them ! It does effect the grey matter ! Stay away from the Big-Macs ! And AR -15`s

#263    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,181 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Reposting from the other thread on this topic:

I think this sums it all up fairly well...

US Army Gen. Stanly McChrystal (Ret) on Jon Stewart, Jan 8, 2013, talking gun control:

http://watch.thecome....ca/#clip839838

Stewart: "You were talking about gun control and the issue that's at hand now. You obviously are in the Military, what is the general, you think, miltary position on that? Are they... They're in favour of a, I guess, a 2nd ammendment but perhaps not with the kind of technical advances that we've made, is that it?"

McChrystal: "Yeah I certainly can't speak for all military but if you've been on the battle field you've probably carried an M4 Carbine or something similar and it fires a .556 round at 3,000 feet per second and when it hits human flesh it does terrible damage. Its supposed to and that's what our soldiers should carry. I don't want them on our streets. I don't want them in our schools. I don't think that most people are prepared to carry those so I think we need to have a very very serious look at why we'd even would consider having guns like that available..."

And later:

McChrystal: "... As the power of weapons has exploded, you can give a single individual the power to do extraordinary damage, and so I just don't think you can give everybody the opportunity to do that 'cuz not everybody's got the responsibility, maturity and all those thing to do it. So I, I think as much as we'd like to say that everybody is capable of making very, very good decisions and self-control, I just don't think you can do that."

So once again, just to reiterate and make it perfectly clear to the "Cold, Dead Handers" out there, this is not about taking away the right to own or carry guns. This is about restricting the kinds of weapons that are available to people who don't need to have them, making it harder to procure those weapons and / or ammunition for them, and keeping better track of the ones in possession of those who do or can own them.

Cz

"Thinking is critical, because sense is not common..." - GreaterSapien

"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." – H. L. Mencken

#264    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

I dont care. Even having this conversation is abhorrent when guns are not cause of these shootings. Big Pharm is. Get real or get lost.

#265    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,393 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

View PostCzero 101, on 09 January 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Reposting from the other thread on this topic:

I think this sums it all up fairly well...

US Army Gen. Stanly McChrystal (Ret) on Jon Stewart, Jan 8, 2013, talking gun control:

http://watch.thecome....ca/#clip839838

And later:

So once again, just to reiterate and make it perfectly clear to the "Cold, Dead Handers" out there, this is not about taking away the right to own or carry guns. This is about restricting the kinds of weapons that are available to people who don't need to have them, making it harder to procure those weapons and / or ammunition for them, and keeping better track of the ones in possession of those who do or can own them.

Cz
So SO ! True Czero 101 ! Wait until you get a reply from " MstrMsn" He`s gonna jump your $#@T  and read you your rights,Flashing Blue Lights and all !
Sad but true our great country America is Full of Gun Lovin,totin,shootin,Killin ,peeps. Its just those Automatic multi-round mags and weapons like that that need to be out-lawed. Im all for having a hand gun ,to protect oneself,a few Hunting rifles,a stick,a rock, what ever turns your crank. But AR-15`s and beound ? Give this world a break ! We need more Laws to stop this runaway condition we have let ourselfs into.

Whats says you ? Is it not time to throttle back on the destructive  way we are going?
Do you Have children  "MstrMsn" ?

#266    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,181 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Nevermind....

Cz

Edited by Czero 101, 09 January 2013 - 11:54 PM.

"Thinking is critical, because sense is not common..." - GreaterSapien

"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." – H. L. Mencken

#267    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,393 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 09 January 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

I dont care. Even having this conversation is abhorrent when guns are not cause of these shootings. Big Pharm is. Get real or get lost.
How do you Like your brain matter splattered then AsteroidX ? Whats your solution ?

#268    MstrMsn

MstrMsn

Psychic Spy

• 1,023 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 07 January 2013 - 04:09 AM, said:

My opinion is that People are whom Kill with these Guns !Get all the Fully Automatic weapons off the market,and deaths will drop. This is a Fact. THen the CRIMINALS and WAR LORDS as you speak,in whice Im sure you quiver in your bed at night in fear of ,Can then be caught and put to death when caught  with said weapons ! Sounds  EMPERICAL   ?  I think not ! Sounds Like a Plan ! Idiotic Only in your preception !

It is not a fact that deaths will drop if there are no fully automatic weapons. Full auto makes it EASIER, that's it, but you can still cause mass causualties and deaths with semi-automatic weapopns. And THAT is a fact.

Seriously, kid, you need to educate yourself. Like, a lot.

You say fear is all in the mind. I say you are right; for it is our imagination that makes things seem scary.

#269    MstrMsn

MstrMsn

Psychic Spy

• 1,023 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 09 January 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

So SO ! True Czero 101 ! Wait until you get a reply from " MstrMsn" He`s gonna jump your $#@T  and read you your rights,Flashing Blue Lights and all !
Sad but true our great country America is Full of Gun Lovin,totin,shootin,Killin ,peeps. Its just those Automatic multi-round mags and weapons like that that need to be out-lawed. Im all for having a hand gun ,to protect oneself,a few Hunting rifles,a stick,a rock, what ever turns your crank. But AR-15`s and beound ? Give this world a break ! We need more Laws to stop this runaway condition we have let ourselfs into.

Whats says you ? Is it not time to throttle back on the destructive  way we are going?
Do you Have children  "MstrMsn" ?

I never said anything about allowing civilians to have access to full auto. So, you can cut the **** with that.

Banning ammo that can be used in full aotu weapons? Right, yeah, because they are the only weapons that use those rounds, right? Wrong. Bolt action hunting rifles use the same ammo as many full auto rifles. Well, what about full auto pistols? Yeah, they use the same ammo as semi-auto pistols.

The means by which people choose to kill each other is not the issue, and should not be the issue. What should be is that people are making a choice to take another's life. That's what needs focus.

And yeah, I did have a son. And a wife. Both were killed by a drunk driver. Anything else you want to know about me?

#270    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 09 January 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

I totally agree with your criticism regarding the pharmaceutical aspects of the Sandy Hook incident, ASSUMING that the official story is true and accurate.

Frankly, there are so many inconsistencies with that story that I'm having serious doubts about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users