Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Disappointing Few Ancient Advanced Tech Found

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#46    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,766 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:24 PM

View Postseeder, on 14 June 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

The mystery of London’s pyramid hat man
http://www.thair.net...yramid-hat-man/

Posted Image

THATS HIM!!!!

edit - I've been in stitches for the last 10 minutes. I had no idea he was famous. That's made my evening.

Edited by Emma_Acid, 14 June 2014 - 08:26 PM.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#47    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 12,157 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:35 PM

View PostEmma_Acid, on 14 June 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:

THATS HIM!!!!

edit - I've been in stitches for the last 10 minutes. I had no idea he was famous. That's made my evening.

:lol: You see, ALL you have to do to get famous is do something a bit bizarre every day consistently!  A creative enough 'something' can turn your life around!!

Even tho you will always be thought of as a bit cranky  :w00t:  I bet if you wore a tin foil hat - sooner or later it'd start making the rounds

Edited by seeder, 14 June 2014 - 08:36 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#48    pbarosso

pbarosso

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

my ideas of how they got the stones up the ramps are as follows:

blocks had curved semi-circle sides made of wood that went on all four sides at the two ends of the block...making a circle at each end. then they wound a rope around the central block and hauled (rolled it) up the ramps. and they could have done it with counterweights made of sand ballast to pull the rope..  

at least thats what i would have advocated for as an ancient egyptian engineer back then....no advanced tech involved at all.

the pursuit of knowledge will force you to pick a side. Choose wisely.
                                                --me

#49    rakovsky

rakovsky

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

• Peace

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:00 PM

I thought that this article on Resonance was very interesting:

Resonance in Neolithic Cultures of the Balkans

Balkan Relics
by Alex Putney for Human-Resonance.org
April 3, 2014
The impressive scale of creativity and advanced technical means of ancient humanity is on full display in all parts of the world, including those Paleolithic landscapes now submerged by oceans. Ancient megalithic sites are now being reconsidered in light of the recent discoveries of geopolymer chemistry suggesting many megaliths may actually be synthetic products made from reconstituted stone cements.

Posted Image

It should be added however, that the dots in the Balkans are only half the line (starting with dot E). On the east side of that axis, in Crimea and the Caucasus there are thousands of dolmens that follow that curved line of resonance. It's striking. Here is one such map:

Posted Image

The read dots are the dolmens, and they have a strange construction, and I heard one theory was that they have some kind of resonance.

They generally are a box with a round hole in the side like this:

Posted Image

The map with the concentric circles from Giza suggests to me that there could have been resonance eminating from the pyramids at Giza, which also have a strange construction, I think.

However, the map need not be exact - I think that there are many dolmens in the Balkans that don't fit that curved red line so neatly.

#50    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 9,297 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:10 PM

My geometry may not be what it once was, but I believe that any two points can be joined to create a line. Your post is nothing more than a fanciful, unwarranted extrapolation of that basic geometrical fact.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#51    Kenemet

Kenemet

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:27 PM

View Postjaylemurph, on 06 May 2015 - 08:10 PM, said:

My geometry may not be what it once was, but I believe that any two points can be joined to create a line. Your post is nothing more than a fanciful, unwarranted extrapolation of that basic geometrical fact.

--Jaylemurph

Your geometry is spot on.  In fact, we can construct a Great Circle through any two points you like, including your house and my house and any third point we choose.  Giza, anyone?

#52    Hanslune

Hanslune

Poltergeist

• 2,725 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:23 PM

View PostKenemet, on 06 May 2015 - 08:27 PM, said:

Your geometry is spot on.  In fact, we can construct a Great Circle through any two points you like, including your house and my house and any third point we choose.  Giza, anyone?

Yes it is but you need to take into consideration what I call FLE or FLEE, 'Fringe Line Exceptionalism', this means if a line, latitude, longitude, wobbly, wacky or bent line goes thru a point on the map that means it's exceptional and indicates advanced human technology or aliens, the fact that said line continues and goes elsewhere is completely UN-exceptional. Example much is made of the speed of light in meters going thru a part of G1 - the fact said lines goes through tens of thousands of other places is discounted or that said system of latitude and longitude were created x years after the structure/place came into existence...

People aren't dismissing your theme out of hand, they are dismissing it because it has no basis in reality. You continue to take the worst translation (Mercer's) of a multiply sourced and combined text written in a language you know nothing about and from 150 years after the GP's construction and pretend, while ignoring that it is found in the tomb and addressed to Unis, that its a construction manual for an object (the GP) 150 years before Unis' reign. You are the reason your theme isn't taken seriously as you've not shown any knowledge of the subject at hand and therein lies your problem.

#53    Swede

Swede

Poltergeist

• 2,611 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:17 PM

View Postrakovsky, on 05 May 2015 - 10:00 PM, said:

I thought that this article on Resonance was very interesting:

A few notes:
  • The reference  to Davidovits and his speculations in regards to earlier megalithic constructions has been previously well addressed on these pages. And has no credible substance, ie disproven. A search under my name will provide previous discussions.
  • Portal holes in burial "monuments" are not an uncommon practice and are even represented in the non-lithic burial practices of representatives of the North American Algonquin/Algonquian language groups (research keyword: spirit house).
  • It would be indeed surprising if a rather tightly enclosed lithic structure did not present "resonant properties". Recording engineers, musicians, and certain structures frequently utilize the qualities of a "hard room". Hence the source of natural or artificial reverberation or "reverb".
Any presumption or claim in regards to Ley lines, "sacred circles", or other forms of geographical confusion can be promptly discounted. Such matters have also been well addressed and found to be sorely lacking in validity.

#54    rakovsky

rakovsky

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

• Peace

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:57 PM

One curious thing for me is that there have been lots of stonehenges found in Asia, Europe, and Africa, but few found in the Americas. In Europe, the stonehenges are typically in regions near the ocean, suggesting that the megalithic peoples traveled by boat on the ocean. The two best cases for stonehenges of which I know are in New Salem, New Hampshire - America's Stonehenge, and in Amapa on the eastern coast of Brazil. Both of those sites are by the ocean on the part of the landmass pointing toward Europe. The megaliths have round holes like those found in Armenia's megaliths.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Deep inland in Brazil in XIngu there was apparently also an ancient society that made wide straight roads and wide circular communal spaces. The straightness of the roads reminds me of the roads at Nazca.
Posted Image
This is said to be a "reconstruction (based on archaeological evidence and similarities with todays traditional architecture among some Xingu groups) of the precolumbian settlement Kuhikugu."
http://www.worldhist...opic126145.html

And farther still, in northern Argentina we have a park of over 100 menhirs (standing megaliths). Then on the other side of Latin America we have Puma Punku and the associated site of Sillustani includes a stonehenge and circular towers housing burial remains.
Posted Image
Sillustani Ruins, Puno, Peru

And it's striking the similarity of the reed boats in lake Titicaca to those in Egypt. Lake Titicaca and the Puma Punku ruins are also reminiscient of Egypt in that the stone blocks making up Puma Punku's and Giza's pyramids and temples are huge and fitted together perfectly close without mortar.

Puma Punku, the site in northern Argentina, the Xingu roads, and the stonehenge on Brazil's eastern tip  point in a line to Easter Island in the Pacific and to Africa in the Atlantic. It's interesting and suggests a connection. The oceans were transversable by ancient means as the voyage in the movie Kon Tiki showed.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Kon Tiki

#55    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,764 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:16 PM

The more primitive a technology, the more limited it is.  There are only so many ways to build a pyramid; there are only so many ways to build a reed boat.  The further back to the foundational unit you go, the less relevant similarities become.

#56    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 9,297 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:20 PM

Yep, a straight road. Totally mysterious and without precedent. One can only imagine the deep guile and ancient wisdom of people creating roads that lead directly from one place to another.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#57    Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Poltergeist

• 2,658 posts

• "An open mind is like an open door, unless you're careful anything might get in." Sir Wearer of Hats

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:05 PM

View Postrakovsky, on 10 May 2015 - 09:57 PM, said:

Deep inland in Brazil in XIngu there was apparently also an ancient society that made wide straight roads and wide circular communal spaces. The straightness of the roads reminds me of the roads at Nazca.

This is said to be a "reconstruction (based on archaeological evidence and similarities with todays traditional architecture among some Xingu groups) of the precolumbian settlement Kuhikugu."
http://www.worldhist...opic126145.html

The Xingu villages dates from around 1200 AD at the earliest.
This road (The Appian Way) was begun in 312 BC, so the concept of straight roads is hardly a new concept. Btw the Nazca lines weren't roads, if they had been they would have disappeared long ago.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Very often similar problems will lead to similar solutions. Why is that surprising ?

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy, 10 May 2015 - 11:08 PM.

"People will generally accept fact as truth only if the fact agree with what they already believe"
Andy Rooney

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and im not sure about the former"
Albert Einstein

#58    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 6,430 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:12 PM

One curious thing...

SNIP

You're trying to connect things that don't connect.
People and cultures are unique, but can also be incredibly similar.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 10 May 2015 - 11:12 PM.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#59    back to earth

back to earth

Government Agent

• 3,876 posts

• Like an apparition in a dream
    I turn and seek the self supreme.

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:37 PM

View Postpbarosso, on 14 June 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

my ideas of how they got the stones up the ramps are as follows:

blocks had curved semi-circle sides made of wood that went on all four sides at the two ends of the block...making a circle at each end. then they wound a rope around the central block and hauled (rolled it) up the ramps. and they could have done it with counterweights made of sand ballast to pull the rope..  

at least thats what i would have advocated for as an ancient egyptian engineer back then....no advanced tech involved at all.

Its a great idea and works.  If a 'wheelie thing' gets stuck you can puck and pull and .... :(   but if you apply rotation to the rim or axle, it easily rolls on ... even more so compared to dragging a block.

It works fantastically on a stuck tractor - a cable is attached to and wound around the  the wheel hub (or an extension attached to the wheel bolts ) and secured to  a tree or something,  and it will winch itself out instead of the wheel just slipping and rotating on the spot.

Apparently it isnt accepted as the ancient method - but it would work (and decrease the load applied needed and allow a much steeper ramp angle)

Posted Image

And if a bird can speak, who once was a dinosaur,
and a dog can dream; should it be implausible
that a man might supervise
the construction of light
https://www.youtube....h?v=RQ1JyLVd4ZU

#60    back to earth

back to earth

Government Agent

• 3,876 posts

• Like an apparition in a dream
    I turn and seek the self supreme.

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:39 PM

View PostKenemet, on 06 May 2015 - 08:27 PM, said:

My house is on a line with your house  :)

And if a bird can speak, who once was a dinosaur,
and a dog can dream; should it be implausible
that a man might supervise
the construction of light
https://www.youtube....h?v=RQ1JyLVd4ZU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users