Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Adam Kokesh: "Assault me?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    Yamato

Yamato

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,374 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

I mentioned tolerance in the post above.   I think a better word for what I'm trying to say is maturity.

Here's the video from Yeager that apparently started it all.
http://www.everydayn...ry-march-on-dc/

This is the exact same reason why Kokesh verbally bulldozes Rand Paul on a regular basis, because of mere disagreements over political tactics.

I don't listen to Yeager and I agree with everyone else that he's said some crazy crap in the past, but everything he said in the video above is thoughtful, considerable and perfectly acceptable to me.  

Not that he has to be challenged to "prove he's not a coward".  Really?   People have a right to disagree with you about stuff Adam.   I know, I know....you have to make money too.  

He drops his home address in the OP video.  Seemingly, a 20 or 21-year old Adam Kokesh bought his house in 2003 for $412,000 which is now worth $600,000, plus the premium from belonging to Adam Kokesh.  I wasn't aware the Marine Corp paid that well.  Or was this a gift from mom and dad?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#17    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostYamato, on 20 May 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

I mentioned tolerance in the post above.   I think a better word for what I'm trying to say is maturity.

Here's the video from Yeager that apparently started it all.
http://www.everydayn...ry-march-on-dc/

This is the exact same reason why Kokesh verbally bulldozes Rand Paul on a regular basis, because of mere disagreements over political tactics.

I don't listen to Yeager and I agree with everyone else that he's said some crazy crap in the past, but everything he said in the video above is thoughtful, considerable and perfectly acceptable to me.  

Not that he has to be challenged to "prove he's not a coward".  Really?   People have a right to disagree with you about stuff Adam.   I know, I know....you have to make money too.  

He drops his home address in the OP video.  Seemingly, a 20 or 21-year old Adam Kokesh bought his house in 2003 for $412,000 which is now worth $600,000, plus the premium from belonging to Adam Kokesh.  I wasn't aware the Marine Corp paid that well.  Or was this a gift from mom and dad?

First, Yeager didn't say anything bad, he was actually being very rational.  I also see where Kokesh is coming from, too, but I don't think an ARMED protest March on DC is not the way to go.  Although it does say in the Declaration of independence:

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

#18    Yamato

Yamato

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,374 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

View PostKowalski, on 20 May 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

First, Yeager didn't say anything bad, he was actually being very rational.  I also see where Kokesh is coming from, too, but I don't think an ARMED protest March on DC is not the way to go.  Although it does say in the Declaration of independence:
I see where he's coming from to go to the march, not pick fights.  His response should be to explain why it's right to go as you're doing here, not rant and make threats about someone he gets into a petty dispute with.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#19    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostYamato, on 20 May 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

I see where he's coming from to go to the march, not pick fights.  His response should be to explain why it's right to go as you're doing here, not rant and make threats about someone he gets into a petty dispute with.

I have to agree. This is a time we should all be coming together, not getting into petty insults and arguments.
Kokesh should have calmly and rationally explained his reasoning for the March.

Edited by Kowalski, 20 May 2013 - 09:48 PM.

#20    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,154 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

Adam Kokesh was arrested for resisting arrest and assaulting a federal officer.  The videos clearly do not show it.  Perhaps the assault and resisting arrest happened after the video.

*snip*

Edited by Saru, 21 May 2013 - 09:19 AM.
Video removed due to excess profanity

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#21    Yamato

Yamato

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,374 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:14 AM

I think the standards for charges like assaulting a police officer can be far too flimsy.   A cop is manhandling you and you lose your balance and reach out and grab his arm to keep from falling on your face?   That's "assault"!   They expect you to just have a face plant on the concrete instead.   I hope the reaction to this charge isn't that this is wrong just because it happened to Kokesh, but that it does happen, and this time it happened to Kokesh, and it's wrong whenever it happens.

#22    Yamato

Yamato

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,374 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

I read an article yesterday that Adam Kokesh wouldn't give the coppers his home address so they can search his house for weapons/drugs/etc which is bizarre when he just dropped his home address to his old playmate James (Buck?) Yeager in the OP video I posted.  Do the cops subscribe to AVTM?   I could help them out, but that'd just be wrong, right?   Do cops only need an address for that now, or do they still need that silly old-fashioned "warrant" thingy?   Yes I know, the Constitution is so pesky to a policeman doing his duty.  Maybe Adam will have some time to think without speaking, and actually grow to believe in those fictional "Constitutional Rights" when he's sitting in a cell next to his new playmate enjoying his "natural rights" to the fullest extent of the anarchical society that prison-life can be.

Note to self: Thingy passes the spell-check.  *builds personal vocabulary +1*

#23    Yamato

Yamato

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,374 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

Kokesh (about the march on DC):

“We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny,”

“This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent."

"We would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.”

Followed by (paraphrasing)  "What what?  You disagree with me, Summer Soldier Yeager?   Prove to me you're not a coward!"  

From a tactical standpoint, I can agree with Yeager that this approach is very poor.  We can cite the Declaration of Independence in its defense but I can do that too in support of entirely different tactics.  Kokesh rhetorically browbeats the Constitution on a regular basis (I'm a subscriber) so even if his tactics did mirror something worth picking from our founding document, that's almost coincidental when we can honestly take his rhetoric in tow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users