Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

CA home searched in 1984 disappearance of boy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,230 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — It has been nearly 30 years since 10-year-old Kevin Collins disappeared while waiting for a bus after basketball practice. His mother, now 72, said she felt numb as she watched police search a San Francisco home in connection to the decades-old cold case.

"To see them digging in a building so close to where he disappeared was shocking," Ann Collins said.

The search Tuesday of a backyard and garage of a home near the city's Haight-Ashbury district has renewed interest in the high-profile disappearance in 1984. Photographs of the freckled-face boy, plastered on milk cartons and posters throughout San Francisco, turned it into one of the first child disappearances to garner national attention.

Full story

Background info:

Wikipedia Article
Forum topic - this forum seems to be focused on missing children and there was a very short thread about Kevin's disappearance when it was 20 years old.
The Charley Project

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

The west coast Etan Patz ...
:(

Miss me?

#3    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

wonder what ytpe of a tip the police got? I hope the mother gets closure someday.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users