Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Animal mutilation

gamron

experiences that I can recall (new member to board grin2.gif)

-About 1 or 2 summers ago my family and I kept finding mutilated doves near one of our trees. They weren't just chewed up or anything like that. For example, one we found had a body that looked normal but was missing its head. It was a clean cut, no mess or blood on the bird. Thats just one example, there were other body parts found and feathers there very often. We never saw any blood from the birds. I wasn't sure if this would just be an animal, since a lot of the times the body was left, and things like the head or wings would be missing.

-A long time ago when I was in grade school my friend and I were messing around in the woods behind his house when we saw a large black animal. It resembled a dog/cat. We were scared ****less. The animal was very big... It was near a fort that we had built , and when compared to it it seemed like it would have been a little bit below 3 feet at its shoulders. The fur was very weird from what I remember, it may have just been the shadows or something, but the color of black it was struck me and my friend as strange. It was like a shadow, the fur didn't have a glisten to it (like black fur does when light shines on it). But the one thing that we both remember very well are the eyes of the animal. They were a reddish-yellow color... yet not an orange color. After seeing it we both turned and ran. We didn't hear it following us at all, we didn't hear it make any noises. When we made it back to my friends yard we turned and saw nothing. Another friend had came over later and he didn't believe our story, so we went into his backyard and looked into the woods. Surprisingly we saw it. It was just standing there staring, my friend threw acorns at it, and it didn't flinch. Thats all I remember about this experiencefrom memory and a description of what happened to me that I wrote when I got home that day.

*I have done some research before and found that it is common for sightings of large cat/dog-like creatures in my area. I live very close to the Mississippi, in IL.

http://www.cryptozoology.com/forum/topic_v...0ccdbd05d9d3582

http://www.prairieghosts.com/ilpanthers.html

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Falco Rex

• AndyThorley

• saucy

• gamron

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been enough Eastern Cougar sightings in Illinois to at least consider the possibility that you might have seen one of those. Standing still while having things thrown at it is a very cat-like behavior..

As to the mutilated Doves, Peregrine Falcons and Sharp-Shinned Hawks know where groups of birds concentrate and will often hit the same area again and again. Most birds don't bleed fast or freely so finding feathers and body parts with no blood isn't an indication of anything strange all by itself..

Another possibility is that it was done by Common Grackles. Decapitation and mutilation are a common territorial defense thing with them. Several of them may attack an invading bird, tear it apart, and leave various parts strewn about their territory..

Cheerful little guys, eh?

I have never seen animal mutilation (Save for the easily explainable stuff, like roadkill etc), but I don't get why...

Yes, you could assume that they do it because these species are new to them. But why just hurl the corpses around? Surely there are better ways to deal with them.

They don't do it because the species are new to them. They do it because any other large group of birds is a threat to their food supply. Scattering the parts is a warning display to other birds... devil.gif

Could you make a sketch of what it looked like? Was it more catlike or doglike?

They don't do it because the species are new to them. They do it because any other large group of birds is a threat to their food supply. Scattering the parts is a warning display to other birds... devil.gif

No, I mean....

Assuming it is aliens behind animal mutilation. They kidnap an animal, poke about inside to see what makes them tick then dump the bodies...

Surely they would have better things to do with them?

There have been animal mutilations going on for a very long time - the most recent can be traced easily back to the early 60's with cows and a few horses and goats and sheep, and as of this year, there is a strange 'copycat' effect of mutilations occurring in various areas in the US and British Columbia, most of the victims are domestic cats on people's front porches and lawns. A few human mutilations (all fatal) have been unofficially absorbed into the "mutilation literature" because most of their descriptions match the animal S.O.P. though most people don't debate that too much.

I had wondered to myself about birds, but then realized most people wouldn't really think anything about a dead bird on the ground. You won't really stop to look at it, as its mostly too small to gawk at anyway - there could be an epidemic of bird mutilations and we wouldn't even know it like we do with the other animals.

I think its interesting to note, and this is just my own observations, that "cat-mutes" started in the early 60's - coinciding with the US's first announcement (and locations) of various cattle diseases like anthrax, and recently, mad cow disease (bovine spongeiform encephilitis I believe) has coincided with the timing and locations of an upswing in cattle mutilation reports - bird mutilations had been reported sparesely up until recently when the recent cat mutilations also infrequently but consistently included a bird or two - guess what was announced around this same time? Bird/chicken flu or whatever it is now.

The interesting thing is, cats are closer than most other animals, physiologically, to humans, but horses I think are even moreso, yet there have been relatively few reports of horse mutilations, the same with dogs - only a handful. Cattle, however, are part of the human foodchain, as we eat all sorts of beef products, even JELLO is beef-based, from cow bones, on the calcium end. Most immunization shots are conducted in eggs... bird flu... domestic cats and dogs eat their food which is made from... meat scraps (beef, chicken, etc.) and ... bonemeal...

I'm not really saying anything in particular, since I have no idea how, if at all, any of this fits together - I do, however, find it a rather curious coincidence, or rather, string of them.

Sorry I misunderstood your question Andy. You would think there would be something better to do with the bodies wouldn't you? Unless the whole purpose of leaving them there is to cause fear and suspicion..

Interesting jpatt..If you can link that together into a workable theory, I'd be interested to read it..

Guest Lottie

Just on a side note. Maybe there was some type of Occult activity going on. This to me looks like the type of thing these groups get up to.

A few mutilations have indeed been linked to Occult groups. And some have been solved as disease or the work of large predators. But at least half the Mute reports are extremely puzzling..

I wouldn't go out on a limb and start yelling Aliens, but many are difficult to explain to say the least..