Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Info received from "automatic writing"

Paranormalcy

Exceprts of Automatic Writing, dated around 1995 - the works below consist of numerous different sessions, on various subjects, recieved by none other than myself, JPAtt.

Transcripts are typed in and reproduced as faithfully as possible, though some writing can only be done justice seeing it in its normal form, as some letters look like others and handwriting has a certain character.

---

One night, as I slept in my tent, which I had managed to lease for a small fee with the money made from doing odd jobs and filling in for Gilda, I went to sleep and began to dream of my secret love. I think she knew all along that I was infatuated with her, but that night, she surely did.

I was in a dark forest, with low branches and a fog pouring over the moors. I saw Gilda, lovely, in a fine satin robe of irridescent white. I approached her from behind and moved to caress her shoulder with my hand. I touched her, Gilda turned, startled. "Encedus" she admonished, quite startling me. "I had no idea you had grown so in the ways of the Walk." She smiled and took my hand. "You must never enter my dreams again. Unless I wish it. Or anyone's, for that matter. This is a very private place where our secret heart and fears can relax and be free, without thought of reproach. I will teach you what I know of the Walk, buy you must be careful how you use it.

In the olden times, when I was a lad in my father's tailor shop in England, I was allowed to roam the booths at the bazaar. After a small number of years, I eventually became well known to all the tent-dwellers and hawkers, fishmongers and yes, the fortune tellers, or soothsayers, as we referred to them in those days. One in particular, I liked to visit - she was of fair hair and complexion, a mere decade older than myself. I was in love, or at least thought I was. She allowed me to come around and talk to her when she was not busy. She was a safe but fasinating diversion for me, a child of only 14 years, and a way to pass the time between clients, for her.

Only after a great while did Gilda begin to reveal to me some of her arts in soothsaying. At first, I was shocked; some practices were no more than shams. Later I came to realize that you had to do those things to make a living. Other things she showed me were of a decidedly curious nature. She taught me how to focus my mind for crystal gazing. Tarot practically worked themselves - interpreting them was the tricky part. Soon, I had become her apprentice (much to the chagrin of my father) and became a man of my own right in time, known for my own talents.

random line:The word is that one which can only be upon the heart of the beggar and the prince.

unknown tie-in?: Partly his own fault, Anthony Taylor was a guest at the Queen's Royal Banquet, 3rd of May 2000. Began as rain poured down upon the murky(?) bazarre shop owners, minstrels and mongers, who headed for shelter at the outset, the lute strings bent and twisted, twang with dissatisfaction as the spectator's faces become more morose, fallow. Only the brickmason remained, bricking a wall he had started early that morning, his shoes shining in the sunlight like gold in the rainbow.

Message from Encadus:

Hello. I fear this is a bad time for introductions, but my name is Encadus. I was once a powerful and wealthy nobelman from what you call Rome. Never fear - we all think the same thoughts and have the same fears, but this is the most insignificant beginning to our friendship. Ask Jason for this full attention. Need I say more.

I have seen great times but am now not a worldly man. A favor I ask of you. Please choose better liquor. The pleasures I have now are few so please choose more carefully. Dreams were my specialty - as Dream Oracle, I worked in the temple. It amused me.

Three strikes the hour. Three knocks the door. Three burns the candles. Three are the days to fulfillment - the right to ask is yours, grasp it and hold on <-n. (he signed his messages <-n for ENcadus).

Related?: * And the sky was filled with hoofbeats, which thundered across the mesa. Enjoying the spectacle, astride his charger, sat the great Railhazad. Clad in the finest silks and embroidered cloth from many countries, he adjusted his cutlass by his side. Peering through the approaching dust cloud, he saw the teeming army of the barbarian invaders (incomplete)...

Possible automatic writing/stream of consciousness DURING my writing up a summary:

Perception in the spirit realm, at least in most cases, differs from normal human perception. There doesn't appear to be a differentiation of the senses, such as sight and sound, etc. but it appears to be an overall experience, at least for spirits. Some spirits claim that they rose out of their bodies and death and could see themselves and the rest of their environment, but they simply wouldn't interact with it. This seems to indicate normal perception (seeing their own corpse, hearing the sirens of the ambulance), but may also be accounted for by a type of perception beyond what the living know.

The spirit is focused on the physical (his death scene to be precise), and can wander around, able to "see" and "hear" but unable to interact. It seems at some point the spirit loses interest in such a boring place and the physical world begins to fade from view, replaced by darkness. This darkness is not physical, but mental, as the spirit , because of his state of being, perceived things by thought, and fails to perceive things by absence of thought. "Out of sight, out of mind" and vice-versa, are both literal laws of perception for spirits. Whether there are diffferent planes (astral, spiritual, mental) and whether perception in each is open to question, but most spirits that interact with humans are all subject to the same set of rules, which are in effect what I will call the astral plane, but I mean that as a generalization, meaning non-physical (unlike our own plane).

Spirit communication, either by voice-trance, ouija board, automatic writing or some other form, can be confusing, frustrating and scary, owing to the fact that most spirits that contact humans are what are called discarantes or "earth-bounds" - spirits which either won't or can't leave the earth and go to the Light, but instead roam the earth in a state of depression and helplessness.

When asked if he could see a group of people using a ouija board, one spirit said he could see forms of energy (their auras?) and the different colors and rates of the energy. Another spirit described his perception of the medium as the silhouette of a woman enveloped in a bright flame (a very strong vibrant aura?). You will notice that most spirits can see obvious items (people around a table, animals, doors), but can rarely provide details about their physical appearances, possibly because they are perceiving them as thoughts rather than actual objects. The example, if I asked you to think about your best friend, you would have a mental picture in your mind (in fact, more of a composite of many different poses) and heard things he's said over the time you've known him. If I then asked you what he was wearing, unless he has a favorite shirt, you would be unable to tell me what he's wearing, only your idea of him looks like.

In a similar manner, spirits know what living humans look like, and how they act, genrally, and thus have a thoughtform, which is more of an outline than an actual picture of the physical world. This the spirits can only see what thoughts they pick up or what auras they detect. It seems almost as if some spirits are incapable of independent creative thought, which would allow them to see the physical world or the Light, but are instead trapped in cold lonely darkness of their own making. Outside stimulas, such as a living person suggesting that a spirit's relatives have actually arrived to take him "home" seem to force the spirit to think of this, and his thought becomes real (to him at least). Strength of will (and perhaps consequently of aura) has a definite effect upon his actions and ouside influence. From personal experience with the ouija board, errant spirits who wished to communicate via the board were often times confused people who wanted to talk or were curious. When asked if they could see us, most confirmed that they could, but when asked where THEY were, the spirits either didn't answer or took a long time before saying things like "dark", "cold" and "alone". When asked why they were there, talking with us, they indicated they had seen or sensed a light, warmth or energy, and had come to investigate. This seems to indicate that rather than a place, spirits exist in a state of mind, which, unless outside forces disturb it or influence it, will remain a boring, dark realm devoid of anything to do or people to talk to. It seems that activities and devices dealing with communication (automatic writing, ouija) are perceived as windows or perhaps astral telephones, which the spirits learn to use. At one point, we kept asking a spirit if he saw anyone else until he confirmed that he did (which is how depossessions are done), except they were not near the white light (because we had forgotten to mention it). The first spirit could see the second, but not vice-versa, as we didn't mention there was one already there, to the second. Eventually, with the help of a spirit guide, we sent these two, plus quite a few other lost souls, to the Light, that night.

The more familiar you make a spirit with the communication device, such as a ouija board, the more clearly and efficiently he can communicate, as you provide helpful thoughts on how to use the apparatus as you verbally describe the object and its uses (this is "yes", this is "no", these are the twenty-six letters of the alphabet). It is also likely that doing this ingrains the instructions in the instrument itself for other spirits to use, like "online help". A framework is established and your particular channel even becomes "famous" in a fashion, among the spirits, for its particular aura, or how it has been used. If you send a lot of spirits home, your board will glow or vibrate in a particular manner indicating this to the spirits which come across it. You will also most likely then have a backlog of spirits which all show up at your board, for the same reason, but almost all of them will think they're there alone; unless you mentally explain the situation, they won't perceive the other spirits waiting for the board to "work". It is unclear how the spirits perceive spirit guides and how the two interact if not in the process of a typical dispossession exercise.

Personal bio given to me: Randy McCarthy, schoolteacher 21 years, Hasbrook Elementary School, Wathampton, Illinois.

I get the image and feeling of someone from "Little House on the Prairie" days, but have never looked any of this up - I'll be very surprised if any of this is even close to the mark. However, not only Encadus from the first story but also Randy here communicated with me a number of times, which I have not posted here.

So what do you all think?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paranormalcy

• Daughter of the Nine Moons

• gufzoo

• haunted-one61

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was a facinating post. I would also like to ask if you often get "images" or "feelings" as you put it? Or do you just mean about this?

This kind of thing interests me. So are you aware of what you're writing while you're writing it? Or do you go into a trance?

Do you think you're tapping into random spirits, or into your own past lives?

Thanks for the responses.

As I mentioned in another thread, although I think extranormal phenomena and 'gifted' people exist, I am a pretty rational skeptic on a lot of what I consider wildly unprovable things, though some things that happen just "feel" important or unusual, so its hard to define myself I guess. I don't claim or have any "powers" or abilities or senses beyond what anyone else does or routinely experiences, and I certainly will never say I'm "psychic"; and about all I can say about feelings and such is that I get fairly common "cold chills" every great once in a while when relating to something extranormal, or passing a car with people I know in it, etc, but any number of the skeptics on this board alone will tell you thats coincidence and simple self-initiated nerve reactions, etc, which I won't argue against, since I have no way of saying either way.

I don't "see dead people" or any of that, though I do think synchronicity and psi exists. My main field of study has probably been hauntings and ghosts, though have an interest in aliens/ufos and cryptozoology as well, though I lean more towards recurrent spontaneous psychokinesis (RSPK or "poltergeist" phenomenon) as an explanation for a lot of hauntings, rather than "spirits".

Given this, I kinda enjoy using the ouija board now and then, at as stated, in 95 (I havent done any automatism since then), I tried some automatic writing for it seems like was a couple of weeks, maybe a month - I have a lot of other papers but most are pure illegible scribble. I personally can't do automatism the oldschool way of simply sitting there with a pencil lightly on the paper, and watching tv or talking to someone - my hand never moved. I used the "scribble and keep the pencil in motion" idea, which is why I have a lot of paper with crap on it. I then went on to stream of consciousness, and after getting a couple of pages of "toaster, pam, grill, flowerpot", where I just wrote down whatever came into my head, I finally started getting something else. No trances or anything like that though, not even any "proper" meditation, just sitting down and thinking "ok I wanna try this automatic writing thing - it looks pretty easy in the books". Best extranormal exhibition I've done is got some really good results with some friends while doing telepathy experiments with some friends where one person "sends" a mental image he picks out of a magazine and the others describe or draw what it is.

The automatic writing I did was basically like taking dictation. Its coming into my head, so there's no proof (even to me) that its not me, cleverly inventing text on the fly, or perhaps tapping my unconscious. I do know that I did not *consciously* consider what was being written, except as I was interpreting it and writing it down, thinking 'hmm, this seems to be fairly coherent, I wonder about this next part...' I have written a little as a hobby (and as most people can tell) I like to write a bit verbosely in most cases, even when I post. I really haven't intentionally written anything creative in a story form in ... 15 or so years, though I agree I'm probably what could be called creative, if I'm in the right frame of mind. Sometimes I would mentally consider the material, and sometimes get responses IN the material, as it was coming, answering my questions, and addressing me personally ("I really would prefer you use a different pen, perhaps a blue one"...). I dunno why, I just wrote it down like everything else, to read later.

The thing of it is, like I said, I'm not much on the spirit idea, and so far am not really entirely convinced reports and communications from "spirits" are really what they appear to be on the face of it (not that it matters - if it means something to you or if it helps you somehow, then thats whats important) - I have a hard time with the idea of spirits just getting "stuck" or whatever, and hanging around on earth and having nothing better to do than talk to lonely housewives and such. Which is why I was surprised I had as much success as I did with automatic writing, and to a lesser degree, ouija boards.

Like I said, I have more writing, but the rest is gonna be hard to pick through, as most of it was personally addressed to me and won't mean a whole lot to other people, and might have some mentions of people and/or things I'd rather not have public, but I'll go through it and see if I see anything worthwhile.

8-3-95

Andy Carpanello 328 SW 28 years, auto mechanic

Pane 7 years

(no idea what these are about)

(the following is is "given" apparently by the entity identifying itself as "Randy McCarthy", who basically seemed to be a "guide" for a time):

---

Some would say of the occult phenomenon, that it truly doesn't exist, and the participants are merely deluding themselves. To this I take offense, as it should be obvious to anyone who pays attention to this field of research the work that has been done. To clarify the various results obtained from numersou tests is no longer the basis for the skepticism of today, it is also the based on the fear and loathing which is frequently encountered by any and all delvers into this mystery.

I am not speaking merely of this type of communication, it is in and of itself, no proof or anything solid, rather it is the way in which the information given is disseminated that should ultimately determine what or how much allowance should be made for occult phenomena. In a similar vein, no one may, in retrospect, ever claim responsibility for the current state of affairs, either good or bad. Shifting to a different gear, you can't always get what you want, but in the meantime, you make do with what you've got, even to the extent of celebrating a new accord.

Happily, no set of unfortunate circumstances lasts forever, and all the bright light at the end of the tunnel can always be seen, if not necessarily reached. Someone who has mastered the art of oracular divination which will increase the pace of their life will undoubtedly be subjected to many forms of harships, rarely understanding the root. This is to be expected and is never a particularly hairy situation, although to the person concerned, it will most certainly appear insurmountable.

-cut section-

Penance is how you could think of my current situation. Not necessarily the biblical penance for a sin committed, but in the larger picture of what I have done, now that I see the plan, or at least a very small portion of it. It can only be said that no good soul is punished, but they certainly can be reprimanded for past deeds done.

8-6-95

No one but the most foolhardy will attempt communication with the basest of criminals, from an 'outside' point of view. Choose any communicants with care and resolve not to let them take you too far afield. Many have done so. There is a great risk to opening yourself up to outside influences, and the lower of humanity's cases make it doubly so. There is no safeguard against every pest, but be sure you do everything you can in preparation. Walking among the 'dead' here are heroes, nameless and faceless, and a lot of things you cannot yet know about. As the sun warms the earth outside, so too it warms us here, though in a very different way. Tantalizing effects from this side may cause some to be entranced and follow the oracle into the depths. Alas, this is a wholly unwise idea; there is a boundary that is not meant to be crossed, and it WILL NOT be crossed, regardless of what it takes. Even at this day in time, you think of us as mere figments, or some elusive phenomenon of the brain. We are real, on this side, as you are real on your own. We affect totally and physically what enters our realm; this includes people not yet departed from the flesh. The mistake most make is that they can't affect living matter when in the astral, so they believe it is that way as well for us, but it is not. We are of the astral, and when you cross into it, you are under OUR influence. To clarify this, what you are doing now is crossing over, be it ever so slightly, into the hidden realm, else I could not communicate with you. Hence, you are at my mercy, so to say, as long as you are here.

There are varying degrees of control one can exert over a living being in the astral, depending on how far he is in the realm. This writing is not a particularly risky venture, as crossing occult boundaries go. Were I stronger, however, I might be able to hold you in your current state, or even, rarely, drag you further in. Besides that, no one can muster much defense on this front, being raised in a materialistic, science-worshipping society as you are. Yes I lived in Illinois as I told you, but not for very long. I died early in my span, as these things go. So no matter what anybody tells you, you never know what's going to happen, or when. Barely a dozen people in the United States know enough about this realm to work in it freely, as agents of goodwill and charity. Of those, only two are willing to expend their life energy to free those trapped in this plane. It is a tense moment, the meeting between two worlders, but one that often results in an enjoyable compromise of ideals and commonisms. The same could be said about any meeting, but you must admit there is a justification in attaching a special significance to an astral coversation, or combat, for that matter. Indeed, one of the most common occurrences here is combat, as more people now than any other time in history are gaining access to what has remained hidden so long. So many of these battles are one-sided (in our favor - by that I mean the existential beings) that I do not pretend to know the true number, but it must number in the millions, over the years of course.

You are not just contacting he spirits world when you do any occult exercise, you are letting the door open that holds all of the things that cause unnatural events on your planet. This doesn't mean that a lot of good doesn't come also, but that merely, by virtue of being man, like attracts like. Someone once said that to fo to the ends of the earth for one asnwer is too far to travel for just a couple more questions. Do you think society would have gotten anywhere at all if anyone had that man's view of life? Ralph Waldo Emerson may or may not be that man's name, it escapes me at the moment. So before you go trudging off to no man's land, and before you even pack your supplies, make sure you know the way to where you're going, cause thats the last sure knowledge you'll have for a long time to come. Keep up the (illegible - of course) and you can't go too far astray.

As far as I know, legend is all I have heard about anyone being 'possessed' by a spirit from the ouija board, and never when there is a large group of people (this apparently in response to a question I mentally wondered about, comparing the ouija and A.W.).

Pearl Curran was a difficult woman, as I remember. Her host used to groom her for hours on proper thought and meditation techniques to facilitate communication, sometimes for naught. We were all quite surprised when poems were publushed, crediting Patience Worth; but it is no big feat, really. I did not know Patience personally, but know of the reputation she had in both worlds, of being a real linguist. I have heard she studied many different languages when she was training Ms. Curran. Patience has gone on, long since to return to earth as a lady of some import by now, in Suffolk, England, I believe. No one knows anything about it and I doubt very much she remembers being here. This is the price that we have to pay for returning, as you well know. (?) I will not go into detail here but suffice it to say you and I have met before, under rather unusual circumstances to be sure.

I sense you are tired, and I as well am exhausted. Let us continue this another day, until then, goodnight. (finished: 5:57 pm - unfortunately, I have no idea when I started).

---

This next bit I experimented by writing my questions down and then the answers as they came to me, but for the sake of brevity, I will simply paraphrase and give the salient responses and clarify them when needed.

(I asked about past lives, mine specifically)

Well, it isn't really something you just casually say, as you are implying. The reincarnation doctrine has been around a long time, even for me, and had many followers. Yes of course there are past lives, multiple lives for each person, but knowing each of them is a task best left alone. No one may know all their histories, else whow would you learn what you are supposed to? Alright, though, I know what you are saying, you want me to describe a past life of yours in detail. You have already discovered two, which is a little surprising, from my point of view. You see, I never really expected you to latch onto anything meaningful in your time exploring the unknown. (thanks... =/ ) That sounds terribly, I know, but its the truth. Where were we? Oh, yes, your past lives. Forty four, by my count, is the number of times you have returned to earth. How do I know this? I know you, for one thing, in a great majority of these. Also, a guide like myself may access with permission, the energy stored in your being. Your experiences also, are stored in this way. As your friend is so fond of saying about you, "I can read you like an open book" (correct and amusing). That is not to say I know everything about you, per se, but most of what you have done can be easily read by anyone, even a human. Now perhaps you're wondering how I get this information; when you're where I am, you are instructed on how to do these things, as I told you, I'm doing the spirit world equivelant of community service, if you will.

No one may remember much of their past lives, at first, but in time, with study, they will come back. However you look at it, it is certainly interesting, the past lives phenomena. I of course, can speak from experience and state unequivocably that it is real, but what will that mean to you if you can't believe I'm real? It doesn't matter now, so don't worry about it. Just know that I am some form of unusual manifestation, whether you call me a spirit guide, troll or ok, yes, higher self, if you wish, though thats such a limiting term, almost insutling. But before I forget your question, back to the past lives (ha ha, regular comedian). I thought you would like that one (thats kind of weird, him responding to me responding, but I got used to it).

Nearing the end of a span on earth, the floodgates of the soul are opened to allow access to the Akashic records, but not the ones spoken of in legend, only the ones pertaining to that person dying. Upon remembrance of these records, the entity ceases to fear death, and goes willingly (usually). Those who don't are oft-times ripped from their fleshcausing irreparable soul-damage. Now when I say that, I mean it cannot be repaired by any of us. The mighty one of course can fix all, but only when the lost soul allows it. Those who refuse to leave the body, that aren't forcibly removed, can become what are known as zombies, wraiths, vampires and the lich. Some of these are quite dangerous, existing in neither the material nor spiritual world completely. The vengeful actually begin to wreak havoc on both fronts, while the neutral or innocent take to performing a repetitive task, losing themselves in it to avoid the reality of where and what they are. These apparitions are not, as you and Sir Doyle believe, etheric impressions; they are quite real people, who, unable to face the truth, attempt to create their own reality, succeeding at times, by rendering themselves insensitive, or even destroying their own minds, after such a time they may dissolve or go on the rampage like other twisted individuals. If, however, and this is what you've been waiting for as I lead my diatribe, a soul willingly gives up the ghost ("a charmingly accurate assessment made by some great mind"), they return to a "waiting room" within this realm of dusk. In response to your mentally asked question, I use such metaphors out of habit and because the more mysterious and detailed a communication is, the more you are apt to pay attention to it ("though not necessarily believe it").

So, now we have a dearly departed, arriving at the Limbo Lobby. They meet with twhat you would call a social worker, who helps put everything back into perspective and reviews the life's lesson. The entity has a number of options at this point, which may include returning to the Great Consciousness, the ultimate step on a long, dirty trail. If they are not yet ready, they may, unless some serious problem or injury has occurred, always choose to go back to earth. Either way, they are doing good. Some, who either actually do have "karmic debts", choose to help the living people from this side, as I am you. There is no one right choice, as all people are different. You have chosen, forty-four times, to return. I couldn't really say how that number stands on average, but I believe it is pretty high and probably involved a death at a young age, I know some of them did. Your deal with -friend's name- is alright as these things go, but be warned that not always does everything turn out as you envision it. I sense you don't know what I'm talking about and I really shouldn't have said anything, so forget it for now. Back to the matter at hand - you have been a World War I Ace. Not a flying ace, though you have dealt extensively with Sopwith Camels, your favorite plane (I used to like to see them but I can't say I have a "favorite plane" or was all that interested in war). A mechanic, technician perhaps is the word I'm looking for.

Because it happened so long ago and has the least to do with your current state, I can reveal things about your thirty-seventh life. That means from 1930 to now, you've reincarnated seven times, which averages out to ten years each. Quick and deadly I would say. Your regimen consisted of working on all kinds of planes in Britain, though you were not a British officer. The Allies had their greatest victory the days you overhauled the planes, giving you a kind of patriotic pride and sense of above average accomplishment, even though you knew it was coincidence. The boys would stand in line to make sure you got to their plane next, which earned you the ire of some of the other hanger technicians. Barfights were a common scene in those days, and you were never above a good scrap, as long as it went no further than that - there were other enemies to fight. Suddenly the world was turned upside down when Essex was hit by a band of marauders (? weird terminology for WWI); many died, the advantage of air power went with them. With only a few planes left, the hanger was shut down, the survivors sent to Edinburgh and you were shipped to Mahalia (??!! Jackson?!). You never quite recovered from the shock of that day. Tuesday, Februrary 17, 1912. Eventually, you became more and more withdrawn until finally at the fall of 1918, you were honorably discharged from active service. After years of wandering, performing odd jobs and maintenance taks, you returned to home port in Sydney, Australia, where you found all family and friends either dead or gone. Your sister married Commodore Fleming of Her Majesty's Royal Navy and died with him three days after your return home, on the HMS Sentry, on the coast of Barbados. Food posioning took their lives, and with the last of your family gone, you were eventually placed in a sanitarium in 1919, where you lived until your death in 1930.

From what you are thinking, I can tell you don't think the dates I have given are accurate. This can only be due to one of the following things:

1 - I do not remember the dates exactly, or read them wrong

2 - I am lying

3 - You do not know the dates and since you are making this up, the information is bound to be wrong.

I can only say that what I have given you to put down on paper is exactly what I read in your Akashic records. Therese are not like files kept in a cabinet, so I doubt that an incorrect date is due to clerical error. It is at times difficult to get specific dates, as the records are not actually things you read, but memories you realize and emotions you re-experience. I could be clouding the reading with errant thoughts or not reading them right, paying attention to the wrong deatails; like skimming over a page, but instead, skimming over a life. At any rate, I have given you the dates, take them or leave them for what they're worth. You on earth have a data obsession, which is understandable, given society's current status, but it makes it difficult for those of us who are trying to help you to do so if you reject us because we cannot provide an exact time, date, and list of details concerning an event. You do not require other humans to provide you with such an exhaustive caseload of information to back up a statement they make. Sorry, but after years of doing this, it gets frustrating. So, there is your obligatory past life recountement. Your name was Arthur Gurndsen, but you were a Sydney native, believe it or not. I am not going to look back over every detail at this time to find out why you have a Germanic or Swedish name but were from Australia, that can wait until another time. Right now, we will discontonue this communication, I'll talk to you again in a day.

---

(There are about 16 or so pages remaining in my automatic writing folder, that range from a personal advice session regarding my uncle, to my friends, to a strange idea of a "newsletter" called the Seeker that I was being encouraged (by Randy) to start, that would perhaps ("do a bit on the environment each week, as no one can feel threatened by automatic writing than originates from a squirrel"). I have NO idea where that came from, think thats a pretty unimaginative name, don't KNOW anything about doing newsletters, I never had ANY desire to do a newsletter, especially nothing on the environment and that is the last writing I did.

In that mess though, Randy gives a bit more on his own history and views and how the spirit world operates, and, at my request, provided me with a 9 page (hand-written, front-and-back, so 18 page) manual for automatic writing. THAT will be quite a bit of typing if I decide to transcribe that - I know it was a VERY long session. I am at a loss regarding a lot of the fighting and war ideas, as I'd be surprised to learn, if past lives have any relevance, that I was much of a fighter in any of my "forty-four" and while I enjoy watching WWII stuff on TV when its on and sometimes reading about it as it relates to something I'm currently interested in, I'm not a war or history buff)

What exactly is automatic writing?

Dot9M original.gif

I was looking through this manual for a good quote to respond with and came across, of all things, a joke:

An atheist yelled to the sky that he did not believe God existed, and shook his fist, saying "If you're there, prove it to me NOW!". A bolt of lightning struck from out of the clear blue sky and killed the man, who was suddenly standing before a white marble throne upon which was seated a radiant, stern but fatherly figure in flowing white satin robes. The figure looked down at the man and said, "Just for the record, what is your name? I believe you know mine."

I dunno why but that struck me as really funny, just to have come across it while looking for the answer to the automatic writing question.

Too bad, no concise quotes. The long and short easy answer is that automatic writing is the practice of alleged "spirit communication" by which the practitioner takes a pen or pencil and paper and, depending on their preference, either:

- sets there with pen lightly touching paper, and distracts themself with some other activity, until the pen begins to move of its own accord

- moves the pen on the paper, scribbling, maybe even writing their own name, but not putting much conscious thought into it - doodling, basically, until the motion ceases being mindless and readable information begins to appear

- stream of consciousness writing, where the writer just starts writing anything that pops into their head, from recipes to random words, to songs to quotes, until eventually, actual creative or unrecognized material begins to appear (such as mine above)

The idea is that you are communicating with one or more "spirits" (if you believe that), maybe specific ones, maybe not, it depends. Its similar to the ouija board but involves a more personal effort and can be done alone easily. The topics can range all over the place, usually there will be a theme, and/or the writer may make specific inquiries.

Thanks jpatt. I sort of had the right idea on what it was. original.gif