Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unable to obtain password

keithisco

Hi Saru,

I have a strange problem, not in the "Grand Scheme of Things" sense but on UM.

My profile and data shows my very old hotmail address for proving who I am am etc. But, I have not used that account for a few years and it is now defunct. I cannot access that account.

I needed to request a reminder of my UM Password, but UM requires me to log on to the old account which I can no longer do, in order to verify the request (understandable of course for security reasons).

So, in short, I have this one laptop where I am permanently logged in, but when I want to use another laptop / PC to access my account then I am (forgive the lapse into the vernacular) stuffed!!

Is there a solution?

Regards

keith

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• keithisco

Top Posters In This Topic

A way around that would be to update the e-mail address on your account first, when you enter a new one it will send you a confirmation e-mail with a link to click on in order to validate it. ( smiliar to when registering )

Once you have the new e-mail address on your account you'll be able to run the password change option.

Let me know if you run in to any difficulties.

A way around that would be to update the e-mail address on your account first, when you enter a new one it will send you a confirmation e-mail with a link to click on in order to validate it. ( smiliar to when registering )

Once you have the new e-mail address on your account you'll be able to run the password change option.

Let me know if you run in to any difficulties.

Hi Saru,

I have tried updating my e-mail address but I am prompted to put in my password (the one I cannot remember), and it tells me I must complete the form...

Any other possibilities, as I would like to contribute to UM when I am at home?

If you PM me with the details i can update your account for you.

If you PM me with the details i can update your account for you.

Excellent! Thanks Saru...