Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sarah Brightman to travel to space station

Waspie_Dwarf

Sarah Brightman to travel to space station

British singer Sarah Brightman is to travel as a space tourist to the International Space Station.

The classical recording artist, once married to Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber, will be part of a three-person crew flying to the ISS.

After completing a tour in 2013, Ms Brightman will embark on six months of preparation at the Star City cosmonaut training centre in Moscow.

She will be the seventh space tourist to visit the ISS.

Once there, she says she intends to become the first professional musician to sing from space.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
added tags.
  • Like 1

Kinda shows that if you have the money, yet no real reason to go, then you will take precedence. The people who should be going are those truly inspired by the big questions, the people teaching us about Astrophysics, kids with a real yearningto understand the universe, those who dream and work very hard without any sort of recognition.

Send a coupla kids up to play conkers, so they will understand immediately many different aspects of Physical Laws and theories.

She wants to be the first person to sing from Space? - what a crappy, narcissistic, self promoting, reason to go...IMO

Kinda shows that if you have the money, yet no real reason to go, then you will take precedence. The people who should be going are those truly inspired by the big questions, the people teaching us about Astrophysics, kids with a real yearningto understand the universe, those who dream and work very hard without any sort of recognition.

Send a coupla kids up to play conkers, so they will understand immediately many different aspects of Physical Laws and theories.

She wants to be the first person to sing from Space? - what a crappy, narcissistic, self promoting, reason to go...IMO

If she didnt have the money she wouldnt be going. There isnt a line of people waiting for thier special trip to space that she is cutting in front of. So if she wants to spend 20-30 million dollars to go more power to her.

Kinda shows that if you have the money, yet no real reason to go, then you will take precedence.

Not true, these flights certainly do not take precedence.

Space Adventures, which sells these flights, is only allowed to do so when there is an empty seat on a Soyuz. As well as Roscosmos, NASA must also approve the flight. Some of the money paid by those that have flown to the ISS goes to the Russian space programme and so these rich people are helping fund space exploration.

• Like 3

Good on her I say :tu:

I just hope she sings a few versus from " time to say goodbye " on the launch pad .

TiP.

• Like 3

Good on her I say :tu:

I just hope she sings a few versus from " time to say goodbye " on the launch pad .

TiP.

Just beat me to it Tip....

You are now Banned! ;)

Wonderful. I like Sarah Brightman, she's an amazing singer.

Ehh, you sound jealous. How do you know wether or not she is inspired by the big questions. Plus if someone is going to be the first to sing in space might as well be someone with amazing talent. Also, I highly doubt she needs to promote herself. She's relatively unknown to most yet is popular enough to make the kind of money that you need to spend $35M on a trip to space.

People who work in life using their talents to become rich and famous are to be frowned upon Keithisco? Why? The only answer to that question is simple and obvious. Jealousy.

Is she the one from the ASPCA commercials? Geez that's depressing...

What a waste,To send a stupid singer into space,for no ther reason because she has money,notice I didn't say she can sing,I cant stand that heshe's music.She has no reason being there except to take up space,Its not like she is going to help save the mission or anything,she is just going to be in the way taking up space and using oxegen that is needed.Heck if I was up there I would kick her into space without a suit and watch her head explode.

What a Waste,who cares,she is LAME.and so is her so called music.Just my opinion.

I'm a metal man and classic rock guy myself but that doesn't mean I can't give credit where it's due. You may not like the sounds of her style but you gotta give her props for that voice.

• Like 1

Also her Album from space will be unique. Worthwhile to check out im sure.

The only way I would by her Loser album would be for target practice,Her singing in space would only bring one of two kinds of Aliens,On bent on her destuction for fouling up space with her self-assorbed music and the other would be Aliens comming to someones cries of pain only to find out it was a stupid human and put her out of her suffering.But if they find out we put her there....ZAP!!! no more Earth.I know if I were an Alien I would concider her being there an Act of War .either way she's dead.

What a waste,To send a stupid singer into space,for no ther reason because she has money,notice I didn't say she can sing,I cant stand that heshe's music.She has no reason being there except to take up space,Its not like she is going to help save the mission or anything,she is just going to be in the way taking up space and using oxegen that is needed.Heck if I was up there I would kick her into space without a suit and watch her head explode.

What waste? The only thing being wasted here is my time replying to your drivel.

Who needs that oxygen? There will be enough, it is not as if she is stealing it (in fact she is paying for it).

The money she spends will help the Russian space agency finance experiments. The agreement to send fare-paying passengers to the ISS was struck up between the commercial company Space Adventures and the Russian space agency, Roscosmos, at a time when that agency was underfunded. It helped them through a tricky financial period. Passengers are only carried when the seat on the Soyuz is not needed for a crew change over and so is effectively spare. The seat she is taking up on the Soyuz belongs to Roscosmos, if they chose to sell that seat in order to finance some worthwhile experiments that is their business.

As for her music, well I doubt she cares very much about your opinion, after all she has earned enough from it to buy a $30 million ticket to the ISS... and you call HER a loser? If that's being a loser I'd willingly take that label.

• Like 1

Charming.