Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Anyone seen this picture?

• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#376    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 10 October 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

Personally, I feel this photo has been analyzed sufficiently to conclude it's impossible to determine what that object is.  Although I am part of the "ET crowd", I don't blindly equate UFO's to ETV's.  I keep an open mind, but it seems to me all the UFO pictures and video's I have seen over many years now are either debunked or are found to be inconclusive.

I never even said it was ET, but I don't think that anyone has conclusively identified it or demonstrated it was some kind of conventional object.  Nothing of the kind.

Those who are predisposed to dismiss all UFO reports as misidentified conventional objects will always continue to do so regardless.

#377    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,121 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 10 October 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

Conclusion all UFO photos are just a pearl thrown to the swine?  LOL

Lol.

Anyway, t was just an idea. And as nobody knows for sure what it was, my idea is as good as any.

We don't know what it was, how far away it was, if it was stationary and then zapped out of sight, how huge or how small it was, and so on. It could be anything.

And we are supposed to trust the story the people taking the photo told us.

I wish I had Photoshop instead of only Paint and IrfanView.

#378    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,174 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 11 October 2012 - 12:32 AM, said:

I never even said it was ET, but I don't think that anyone has conclusively identified it or demonstrated it was some kind of conventional object.  Nothing of the kind.

Those who are predisposed to dismiss all UFO reports as misidentified conventional objects will always continue to do so regardless.

its a regular play around here McG, we can start any thread about an unknown object, then no one ever suggests it is ET......a few pages into thread and you will hear rants of 'well thats better than all these suggestions of ET ha ha ha' etc etc

#379    GhostHunterChickx

GhostHunterChickx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

I'm not totally dismissing the pic but it looks photo shopped....or as someone else said a silver balloon!!!

#380    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,121 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

View Postquillius, on 11 October 2012 - 08:20 AM, said:

its a regular play around here McG, we can start any thread about an unknown object, then no one ever suggests it is ET......a few pages into thread and you will hear rants of 'well thats better than all these suggestions of ET ha ha ha' etc etc

The reason no one ever suggests (or should suggest) it's ET is because you then have to be able to compare it with a known and confirmed ET spacecraft. And since no one can, we should look for other options.

If you say it could be an unknown spacecraft or an unknown plane, then you leave open whether it is ET or of terrestrial origin.

#381    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,174 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 11 October 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

The reason no one ever suggests (or should suggest) it's ET is because you then have to be able to compare it with a known and confirmed ET spacecraft. And since no one can, we should look for other options.

If you say it could be an unknown spacecraft or an unknown plane, then you leave open whether it is ET or of terrestrial origin.

Yes I agree, my point was I have seen many threads that suddenly have an air of 'ridicule' based around 'its better than suggesting ET ha ha ha' but then you look back at thread and realise no one actually had suggested ET....

I think many debunkers find life tough when no one suggests ET and the only target is the prosaic explanations put forth.

#382    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,121 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

The next is supposed to be the second photo taken right after the one with the object:

http://files.aboveto.../nz5064bd0a.jpg

Did anyone take a closer look at the top-right quarter of that photo?

Posted Image

++++

EDIT:

Sorry, didn't see this one:

View PostSweetpumper, on 04 October 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

That streak on the right side...vapor trail.

Edited by Abramelin, 11 October 2012 - 11:50 AM.

#383    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 11 October 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

The next is supposed to be the second photo taken right after the one with the object:

http://files.aboveto.../nz5064bd0a.jpg

Did anyone take a closer look at the top-right quarter of that photo?

Posted Image

++++

EDIT:

Sorry, didn't see this one:

That is a smear on the windshield from the track of the windshield wiper.
There's small ones over the water at the right side.
More at the center portion directly over the image of the goats.

Edited by synchronomy, 11 October 2012 - 12:32 PM.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#384    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,121 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 11 October 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

That is a smear on the windshield from the track of the windshield wiper.
There's small ones over the water at the right side.
More at the center portion directly over the image of the goats.

Ah, you edited.

Well, those small ones over the water at the right side of the photo are not concentric with the larger trail-like one (and they should be when made by the same wiper blade):

Posted Image

Edited by Abramelin, 11 October 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#385    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 11 October 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Ah, you edited.

Well, those small ones over the water at the right side of the photo are not concentric with the larger trail-like one:

Posted Image
Damn.  Hate when that happens...lol
Inconclusive again maybe?  You're right.  Perhaps the upper one is a vapor trail, although it seems a bit dark...maybe it's not a vapor trail, but one of those conspiracy theorist things, a chemtrail! :w00t:
I still think the ones at the bottom, over the water are on the windshield.

I'm starting to hate this picture. :cry:

Edited by synchronomy, 11 October 2012 - 01:21 PM.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.

#386    Magiclass

Magiclass

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Excellent Photo! I've been on other forums that have this exact photo on them, and they have all dissected and torn it apart, but not one person could really blow holes in it, especially when the guy which took the photo gave it to photographic experts and they couldn't blow holes it either!

#387    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,121 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 11 October 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

Damn.  Hate when that happens...lol
Inconclusive again maybe?  You're right.  Perhaps the upper one is a vapor trail, although it seems a bit dark...maybe it's not a vapor trail, but one of those conspiracy theorist things, a chemtrail! :w00t:
I still think the ones at the bottom, over the water are on the windshield.

I'm starting to hate this picture. :cry:

I agree about those smaller ones, but that the larger, trail-like thing looks darker is because I manipulated the photo somewhat for better visibility of that trail, or whatever it is.

If the beginning of that trail coincides with the location of the object, then we can start thinking further.

Edited by Abramelin, 11 October 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#388    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

View Postquillius, on 11 October 2012 - 08:20 AM, said:

I think we both know what the game is.  I'm just very skeptical of all our resident "skeptics", and with good reason.

#389    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

View Postquillius, on 11 October 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

Yes I agree, my point was I have seen many threads that suddenly have an air of 'ridicule' based around 'its better than suggesting ET ha ha ha' but then you look back at thread and realise no one actually had suggested ET....

I think many debunkers find life tough when no one suggests ET and the only target is the prosaic explanations put forth.

In this case, no one I trust has given me any reason to doubt that the picture is exactly what it purports to be, an unknown object flying over the sea near Crete.  I am the first to admit that I have no way of knowing what it is or where it came from, but I have seen no real evidence that it is hoax or a fake--at least not from anyone who doesn't say the exact same thing about every UFO picture and video.

#390    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostMagiclass, on 11 October 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

Excellent Photo! I've been on other forums that have this exact photo on them, and they have all dissected and torn it apart, but not one person could really blow holes in it, especially when the guy which took the photo gave it to photographic experts and they couldn't blow holes it either!
Excellent observation!

I've only recently started posting to this forum, although for considerable time I was a "lurker"...just reading and learning.
Many of the seemingly "self-professed" experts here, are in fact, real experts and have had real exposure to information that most of us can only dream of.

Of course, there's the usual black-ops characters that follow them around, pretending to be amateur skeptics! :st

Edited by synchronomy, 11 October 2012 - 05:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users