Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

More Westboro insanity..

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

http://news.yahoo.co...s-politics.html

The church recently announced via Twitter that it would picket the funerals of the 19 Arizona firefighters who died attempting to contain a wildfire.

"Praise God," the tweet read. "A consuming fire!"

-------------

They need to be classified for what they are, a bunch of nutcases.

Drunk with blood..
http://www.anandainfo.com/cult_leaders.html
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#2    Colonel Rhubarb

Colonel Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,278 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

I suppose this is, once again, because God hates Fags, I suppose.
They really do only do it because they desperately need the publicity, the media really do just play into their hands.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#3    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,479 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 06 July 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

I suppose this is, once again, because God hates Fags, I suppose.
They really do only do it because they desperately need the publicity, the media really do just play into their hands.

correct, and the sooner they are ignored the sooner they will disappear in the sewer they came from.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#4    markdohle

markdohle

Government Agent

• 4,293 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

I agree they should be ignored, they do not speak for anyone but their own little group, which is mostly family anyway.  The young tend to leave when they reach a certain age.  One young woman just came out with a book about your life in the church....I have lnot read it.

peace
mark

#5    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 2,651 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

where the heck do they get the danged money to do this? Airline tickets, lodging, food, who's funding these idiots?

#6    Realm

Realm

• 1,701 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

Proverbs 6:16
These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

Proverbs 6:17
A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

Proverbs 6:18
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

Proverbs 6:19
A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

These people claim to speak for God, it looks like God hates them.

#7    Odd Requiem

Odd Requiem

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

• "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:17 AM

It's just another glorified cult in the media's spotlight.

Give it time, eventually they'll all drink the punch.

-I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.//

#8    rodentraiser

rodentraiser

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 248 posts

• "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

from Wrong Planet Forums

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:07 AM

View PostBeany, on 07 July 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

where the heck do they get the danged money to do this? Airline tickets, lodging, food, who's funding these idiots?

The daughter of the founder, the old man who started this nutty religion, is a lawyer and she has actually sued a number of people and corporations who have challenged her. In one case, a man sued her because of the picketing of the funeral of his son, ended up losing and having to pay them money. There was a show out a while back where some journalist or TV host (can't remember exactly what) actually lived with the family for a couple weeks or so. So he got an inside look at them and believe me, if you think they're nutty on the outside, you haven't seen anything until you see that show.

Bottom line is, it's always so much easier to hate than it is to be open-minded and if you have a target and a group that supports you in your hate, there really isn't any enticement to change. Given those circumstances, very few people are going to break out of the group. From the beginning of time, being different from your group means being cast out and that price is too high for many people to even consider paying. And that can be applied to every group from the Nazis to the conservative Christians.

Posted Image

#9    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,146 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:53 AM

What in the world does the WBC have against firefighters?

Nevermind. Common sense, logic and humanity has never been their stronger points.

#10    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• 1,854 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:05 AM

View Postpallidin, on 07 July 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

What in the world does the WBC have against firefighters?

Nevermind. Common sense, logic and humanity has never been their stronger points.

"God" is an all consuming destructive fire"
http://biblehub.com/...ronomy/4-24.htm
http://biblehub.com/luke/12-49.htm

So firefighters must be anti-god/anti-christ.

In islam, the devil is the fire.

Edited by HavocWing, 07 July 2013 - 04:03 AM.

Drunk with blood..
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#11    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,146 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:22 AM

View PostHavocWing, on 07 July 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

"God" is an all consuming destructive fire"
http://biblehub.com/...ronomy/4-24.htm
http://biblehub.com/luke/12-49.htm

So firefighters must be anti-god/anti-christ.

In islam, ithe devil is the fire.

Huh. So, is the WBC Islamic?

#12    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• 1,854 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:37 AM

View Postpallidin, on 07 July 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

Huh. So, is the WBC Islamic?

No, that was an extra statement I put in about islam, because iblis is made of pure fire.

Drunk with blood..
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#13    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 2,651 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:55 AM

View Postrodentraiser, on 07 July 2013 - 02:07 AM, said:

The daughter of the founder, the old man who started this nutty religion, is a lawyer and she has actually sued a number of people and corporations who have challenged her. In one case, a man sued her because of the picketing of the funeral of his son, ended up losing and having to pay them money. There was a show out a while back where some journalist or TV host (can't remember exactly what) actually lived with the family for a couple weeks or so. So he got an inside look at them and believe me, if you think they're nutty on the outside, you haven't seen anything until you see that show.

Bottom line is, it's always so much easier to hate than it is to be open-minded and if you have a target and a group that supports you in your hate, there really isn't any enticement to change. Given those circumstances, very few people are going to break out of the group. From the beginning of time, being different from your group means being cast out and that price is too high for many people to even consider paying. And that can be applied to every group from the Nazis to the conservative Christians.

Thanks for the 411. I figured they had the backing of someone, I won't use the term "angel", however. It's a small group, is it the exclusivity that's attractive, I wonder, or the fact that they get their names in the paper and attention? Is it fear that's driving them or ego? While they came together to express condemnation & judgment, they seem to be bringing people together in a good way.

Edited by Beany, 07 July 2013 - 04:01 AM.

#14    Insanity!

Insanity!

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

• "Expect Insanity."

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

Growing up and experiencing certain events like this, Westboro Baptist Church are beginning to make me believe they are attempting to make everybody hate them for no good reason other than to nullify the image of Jesus and such. Why are they picketing good people? What exactly is the point? These are the only kind of people I'd willingly snuff out. They do no good, they only preach misguided hate from a book written by a bunch of sun-stroked outcasts.

Edited by Insanity!, 07 July 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#15    markdohle

markdohle

Government Agent

• 4,293 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostInsanity!, on 07 July 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

Growing up and experiencing certain events like this, Westboro Baptist Church are beginning to make me believe they are attempting to make everybody hate them for no good reason other than to nullify the image of Jesus and such. Why are they picketing good people? What exactly is the point? These are the only kind of people I'd willingly snuff out. They do no good, they only preach misguided hate from a book written by a bunch of sun-stroked outcasts.

Any group, is judged by those outside said group, more often than not, by the fanatics and crazy people.  It is so and will always be.  They are Christian, though I don't understand their stance at all.  Nor would I challenge them, I have seen that it does no good.  Like I said in an earlier post, their young people leave them when they reach a certain age and begin to see the harm and pain they caused.  Perhaps it is because Christ Jesus is at work in their hearts.....love is stronger than hate I believe.

peace
mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users