Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Loch Ness monster expert to reveal findings

Still Waters

AN EXPERT delving deep into the history of Nessie spotters is to reveal his findings on the 80th anniversary of the first modern-day sighting.

Dr Charles Paxton, a statistical ecologist from St Andrews University, is working on the first catalogue of all known sightings of the Loch Ness monster in modern times.

The researcher will present his findings at a conference this weekend, organised as part of the Edinburgh International Science Festival.

http://www.scotsman....dings-1-2879659

• Like 2

i'll spoil the reveal of the findings for you guys,

you ready??

there's nothing.

• Like 7

What do sightings have to prove? If sightings were proof, then all sorts of things would exist.

Edit; spelling.

Edited by AliveInDeath7
  • Like 3

Being Scottish, I love Nessie and the magic it brings... But seriously.....

• Like 3

What do sightings have to prove? If sightings were proof, then all sorts of things would exist.

Edit; spelling.

THANK YOU! Sightings are not EVIDENCE. They prove NOTHING other than an eyewitness with innately fallible human senses experienced something that made them percieve according to their own, beliefs, hopes, fears, and biases.

I compare the Loch Ness monster with the Bigfoot myth in that there have been many sightings and no verifiable proof found to confirm their existence. These myths and legends make for good stories but that's all they'll ever be until we get the tangible evidence.

So, the 80th anniversary of a known fake sighting?

Well, that sets you up for failure...

Today is the 3000th anniversary of an organized religion which is basically a fairytale for adults, and only now is it dying. Perhaps the Loch Ness myth will die in another 3000 years.

• Like 4

How do you become a "Loch Ness Monster Expert"? Is there a University Degree? Did he get a minor in " Unicorn Expert"?

• Like 3

Well it's all good publicity for the Loch Ness tourism trade. I'm sure the "findings" will have a certain element of uncertainty to keep the tourists coming.

• Like 1

How do you become a expert of nothing?

• Like 1

By tapping in to what everyone wants to believe. :tu:

• Like 3

By pooling together all of the sightings he will be able to prove...a whole lot of nothing.

Being Scottish, I love Nessie and the magic it brings... But seriously.....

Magic? You mean money, right?

• Like 4

Hey, I'm proud of my "degree". I've worked hard for it! Thank you very much!

I wonder if this guy is funded by "Tourism for Scotland" or some such?

Edited by QuiteContrary

When my husband and I went to Scotland a few years ago, I was bound and determined to see Nessie. And I did... hundreds of times. I would stare at a point in the water and sooner or later I would see something. OK maybe it was ripples. But I did see something! If a person looks for something hard enough, they will find it.

• Like 1

Magic? You mean money, right?

Haha, yeah mostly.

It doesn't mena an expert in nessie..

AN EXPERT delving deep into the history of Nessie spotters is to reveal his findings on the 80th anniversary of the first modern-day sighting.

Dr Charles Paxton, a statistical ecologist

That's how it means.

When my husband and I went to Scotland a few years ago, I was bound and determined to see Nessie. And I did... hundreds of times. I would stare at a point in the water and sooner or later I would see something. OK maybe it was ripples. But I did see something! If a person looks for something hard enough, they will find it.

I would venture that this would occur in any lake ANYWHERE.

• Like 1

The Loch Ness Monster is a big monster and it is gonna get you soon.

• Like 1

I would venture that this would occur in any lake ANYWHERE.

I spent 20 years on the surface, under the surface and on the shores of a Great Lake.

We never saw lake monsters, UFO hot spots, etc just HUGE carpish fish.

Anyway, I wonder how much of these type of phenomenon escape the true locals completely, other than for tourism purposes.

And it is newer residents, visitors, outsiders and youth that are, mostly though maybe not totally, all over this kind of stuff.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I am revealing that I have nothing to reveal.

What the heck is a "Loch Ness Monster expert" anyway? Is that like an Easter Bunny expert? Or a Santa Claus expert?

What the heck is a "Loch Ness Monster expert" anyway? Is that like an Easter Bunny expert? Or a Santa Claus expert?

You are not reading it properly, it doesn't say "Loch Ness Monster expert"... He's an Expert statistical ecologist....

Dr Charles Paxton, a statistical ecologist

Edited by Coffey