Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple filmed in the middle of a fly swarm

Still Waters

Extraordinary footage of a couple getting swamped by a swarm of flies has emerged.

The YouTube clip was filmed by a man on a boat in lake Mývatn, Iceland, and showed him and his partner getting completely covered by the midges.

http://metro.co.uk/2...-flies-4709991/

• Like 1

During the footage the swarm gets too much, despite the pair wearing head protection, and the man quickly accelerates his boat away.

http://metro.co.uk/2...-flies-4709991/

You can always rely on a bucket when the flies come out.

Pretty amazing footage. They were lucky it was only flies and not wasps.

• Like 1

This was Björk`s pet fly swarm. Very expensive but she is rich!

Had those been mosquitos they might have found two bloodless corpses in a drifting boat!

LMAO he went straight back into them, a simple right turn could save the world sometimes.

Imagine how fat the fish would be there :o~~~ mmmmmmmmmmm *wipes drool*

Had those been mosquitos they might have found two bloodless corpses in a drifting boat!

Still... the knowledge of midgee's urinating that causes the irritation and craziness is enough to make shiver, they are litrally head to toe in bug urine and then they head in for a 2nd go :S

>.>... it's raining midgets! Time to get out my anti-midget repellent coat!

:w00t:

My skin is going to crawl for the rest of the day. I knew better than to open that!

• Like 1

They say that if all the worlds insects were 10 times bigger we would all be in a world of hurt. Imagine ants large as a Dachshund or wasps the size of a falcon. Then add the fact that they outnumber all humans and that there are over 200 million insects for every living human - some scientists estimate. Horrifying.

I'd rather not imagine that, EllJay. =P & it was bound to happen, FizzPuff. Even if nobody really did read it as such, someone would've got giddy about it hah.

• Like 1

I'd rather not imagine that, EllJay. =P & it was bound to happen, FizzPuff. Even if nobody really did read it as such, someone would've got giddy about it hah.

It would be something similar to Starship Troopers - if you've seen that film. :)

http://youtu.be/XVO6A2anEqI