Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cosmic Consciousness

jugoso

I´m curious as to what some of the members have to say about this. I found it to be quite interseting and it seems to make sense to me both logically and trough an experience,

There is a Greater Reality, and a destiny greater than merely mortal, material existence. Divine Realization Itself — Perfect Happiness Itself, Complete Awakening from the dream , what every heart longs

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mklsgl

• SlimJim22

• jugoso

• StarMountainKid

The message is good, but the guy speaking gets on my nerves. He sounds like an Enthusiast: someone who knows all the right words but has not had the experience those words describe.

Edited by StarMountainKid

As above so below. These are times of convergence between the micro and the macrocosmos. What joins them together are light and consciousness as we are all holograms and everything seemingly follows certain laws of sympathy, harmony and vibration.

The problem is that there is just so much information to take in if we think to rigidly then none of it makes sense. Thus I think it is best to go with the flow and be mindful and explore our internal dimensions and appreciate the interconnectedness of all being as we are on a conveyor belt of becoming if we like it or not.

http://www.rexsy.com/universal_consciousness

I´m curious as to what some of the members have to say about this. I found it to be quite interseting and it seems to make sense to me both logically and trough an experience,

There is a Greater Reality, and a destiny greater than merely mortal, material existence. Divine Realization Itself — Perfect Happiness Itself, Complete Awakening from the dream , what every heart longs

I attended somewhere around 600 Grateful Dead shows, 1978-1995, and at every single one there was someone just like this guy with a group of Heads around him engaging this very conversation--the only difference being a relation between this "Consciousness"/"Universal Mind" and the Grateful Dead Experience.

Wouldn't it be cool if they used, for a narrator, the guy who does the voice for Salad Fingers?

I am sorry but this whole, "transcendentalism" thing sounds like just another new-age religion.

The speaker really isn't saying anything we haven't heard before...in fact even halfway through I still did not understand what his point was.

Wouldn't it be cool if they used, for a narrator, the guy who does the voice for Salad Fingers?

I am sorry but this whole, "transcendentalism" thing sounds like just another new-age religion.

The speaker really isn't saying anything we haven't heard before...in fact even halfway through I still did not understand what his point was.

I don't think you can really call Ralph Waldo Emerson as New Age nor Ken Wilber. Eckhart Tolle you could probably argue is New Age but what of movements like Extropianism.

Spirituality means connectedness and religion means separation. So maybe comic consciousness relates to a non-organzied religious spirituality that heals the separation and accepts all consciousness as being part of the family of sentient life regardless of outward differences.

I don't think you can really call Ralph Waldo Emerson as New Age nor Ken Wilber. Eckhart Tolle you could probably argue is New Age but what of movements like Extropianism.

Spirituality means connectedness and religion means separation. So maybe comic consciousness relates to a non-organzied religious spirituality that heals the separation and accepts all consciousness as being part of the family of sentient life regardless of outward differences.

I've never said that or even had that sentence as a cognative thought (I think) but you really nailed the reason "spiritual" is empowering to me and "religion" gives me a closed in disenfranchised/obstructed feeling.

I just had to highlight "comic consciousness" cos some typos make the best laughs - kind of a truism - it is pretty comical the way we blunder around in the realm of "cosmic consciousness" I can just picture a couple of higher beings sharing a moment and knowing wink with that one.:P

I attended somewhere around 600 Grateful Dead shows, 1978-1995, and at every single one there was someone just like this guy with a group of Heads around him engaging this very conversation--the only difference being a relation between this "Consciousness"/"Universal Mind" and the Grateful Dead Experience.

So what was the relation? Obviously the dead Experience has been a very important part of your life. what was it about their shows That was so appealing to you. Was it just the music? The connected feeling you had with the others in the audience and the band? Or the fact that wen you´re grooving to good music, nothing can really touch you. For me, there is a freedom and timelessness that goes along within being so connected to the moment.

I like the comic consciousness theory, myself. This is how it works for me: everytime I acquire a new piece of information or understanding, I realize how little I understood before, and how ridiculous some of my beliefs were. So everytime I start feeling even the tinies bit smug about my "evolution", I end up slipping on a banana peel. That's comic consciousness.

So what was the relation? Obviously the dead Experience has been a very important part of your life. what was it about their shows That was so appealing to you. Was it just the music? The connected feeling you had with the others in the audience and the band? Or the fact that wen you´re grooving to good music, nothing can really touch you. For me, there is a freedom and timelessness that goes along within being so connected to the moment.

Yeah: the music, the 4 hour-long Frozen Moment. It was always about that "Be Here Now" thing for me, like there was nothing else going on except the moment. Past, present and future all at once. Not timelessness, though, more like all time fit snuggly into the Moment. I could try to go on describing it but it would be futile. I do not think I would ever use the term "Cosmic Consciousness" or ascribe to some New Age type of relationship.