Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If children ruled the world..

Big Bad Voodoo

...what do you think, would world be better or worse place?

Would it be disneyland or we would have wars around the world?

I really don't think they could do much worse than the adults. Give em a go. The armed kiddy's ya showing unfortunately never had a childhood :(

Edited by McNessy
  • Like 1

I really don't think they could do much worse than the adults. Give em a go.

I dont know. Those druged childe soldiers in Sierra Leone were brutal. They cut peoples arm and legs like nobodys bussiness.

• Like 1

I dont know. Those druged childe soldiers in Sierra Leone were brutal. They cut peoples arm and legs like nobodys bussiness.

Sadly yes. With Adults teachers. Most normaly raised children dont run round chopping ppls limbs off.

• Like 1

Sadly yes. With Adults teachers. Most normaly raised children dont run round chopping ppls limbs off.

I realy wonder what would be nature of children raised by other children. Imagine that those kids in Sierra Leone won. They would raped wives and raised their own child soldiers. What kind of place would that become.

Its only place where we can see that children were in power and that didnt look good.

I think that big percantage of children without elders would become like those ones. 60-70%. So I wonder if is that case...are our nature evil, predatory...

Edited by the L

Even children 'properly' raised would still be influenced by the baser aspects of human nature. Ever read "Lord of the Flies"?

• Like 1

Are we learning altruism or we are born with it?

Those children with guns are under the influence of their parents.. most likely made do it...

Even children 'properly' raised would still be influenced by the baser aspects of human nature. Ever read "Lord of the Flies"?

No I didnt. Do tell please.

I have conflicting thoughts about this.

Part of me sees that children typically don't exhibit signs of racism or discrimination.

Part of me sees that children have the "mine" issue that leads to many fights.

I think if Children ran the world, it would most likely be a far worse place, most children don't understand basic concepts of agriculture, what is safe to eat, what is safe to drink, medicine, compromise or safety.

If children ran politics? Who knows... it could very well be worse and it easily could be better.

EDIT: I do not think there would be war on a grand scale and if there was, it would not last long. The average child I have met does not have the attention span for a siege or a long battle.

O.k. 10 minute truce for nap time, followed by juice and crackers, then we can get back to the assault.

Edited by RedSquirrel

i think children wouldnt be good at running the world, would turn out like it did in lord of the flies.

also we would probably still be living in mud huts somewhere and not in houses cause most kids arent clever enough to invent things, we wouldnt have schools, so nobody would grow up to be doctors or anything

if kids started ruling the world now, they probably would turn wild pretty quick, live off chocolate, not go to school and not clean anything, and civilisation would collapse

on the positive side of things, think of their mind set that is being generated...

if ya understand where this world is heading...

thats gold...

and lots of it...

good luck

love

Edited by ether2

That is what I was going to say! Kids can be really cruel, and they don't have the reasoning to temper their actions.

Are talking like a pedocracy here? Where children are the primary decision makers but there are still adults?

I would say it would be awful. Children by virtue of being children are shortsighted and generally selfish; I'm not saying children are awful, just that they don't think beyond themselves or now, that's also their charm. I think the problems caused today with some of the adults in charge is that they are still in fact children.

... I think the problems caused today with some of the adults in charge is that they are still in fact children.

I frequently think the exact same thing. Sadly, many people grow to adulthood in body, but not in mind.

Children ruling the world?

Well, would children make up an imaginary character and then devote all their energy to insisting it was real?

Would children covet someone else's lands or property and raid their homes, cities, and toyboxes for them?

Would children intentionally lie if they could get something good out of it?

Would children react brutally in a fight and hold a grudge?

Newsflash: This isn't about how children behave vs. how adults behave. This is about primitive thinking and civilized thinking. We thought like primitives and behaved in a primitive fashion. Over the years, we are thinking more and more like a civilized species, and the world is slowly (agonizingly so), but inevitably, becoming a less bloody, less brutal, place.

Children ruling the world?

Well, would children make up an imaginary character and then devote all their energy to insisting it was real?

Would children covet someone else's lands or property and raid their homes, cities, and toyboxes for them?

Would children intentionally lie if they could get something good out of it?

Would children react brutally in a fight and hold a grudge?

All of what you list points to many adults

Here you go. (<click for link)

Oh, now I remember. I watch movie based on that book. I always prefer books instead of movies but didnt know that it was done by book when I watched it.

Thanks.

All of what you list points to many adults

Yeah, that's pretty much the point, BM.

People think the barbaric behaviour they describe is something adults do, not children, and that children are inherently civilized until they learn to be barbarians. They truth is the exact opposite.

Our violent past did not occur because children were not in charge. It occurred because children were in charge; even as adults, we were still thinking in the same, brutal, primitive, ways that children think.

ever watched Jerimiah XD

if kids ruled the world, we would have enclaves of peacefulness surrounded by regions of war and termoil. think darkages with guns