Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Skeleton Army Rise From Bog

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

I painted a Warhammer Skeleton army when I was younger, I wonder were they are now?

As for the article, I couldn't put it any better than the immortal King Fluffs...

View PostKing Fluffs, on 17 August 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

Interesting.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#17    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,928 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

Apparently they give tours of the site on Thursdays. I'd love to go there! Maybe that's also why people don't like to go on holidays with me.

U.K. and Ireland. Itinerary: Manmade piles of rocks and burial sites.
Mexico. Itinerary: Manmade piles of rocks and burial sites.

/is that weird?

#18    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 17 August 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

Apparently they give tours of the site on Thursdays. I'd love to go there! Maybe that's also why people don't like to go on holidays with me.

U.K. and Ireland. Itinerary: Manmade piles of rocks and burial sites.
Mexico. Itinerary: Manmade piles of rocks and burial sites.

/is that weird?
Only if you are leaving your friends there. :whistle:

#19    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

tats sooooooo creeeeeepy :( i shouldnt have viewed the pics on google images im so stupid :unsure2:  here comes another night of nightmares :td:

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

#20    Harlequin Dreamer

Harlequin Dreamer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Dear Optimist,Pessimist,and Realist, While you guys are busy arguing about a glass of water, I drank it. Sincerely the Opportunist.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

I wonder if they have found any skeleton keys yet . :yes:

#21    Lady Annabella

Lady Annabella

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

• The wind creates a soft enchanting tune, one that sweeps over you , through your veins and envelopes your soul

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

very interesting find can not wait for more news about it !

#22    ufonuts

ufonuts

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

• What if Everything We Know is Wrong?

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:41 AM

I have a feeling this had to do with Aliens!

Just Accept it, God is an Alien!  Visit my Very Own Web-Site: http://www.GodIsanAlien.info

#23    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

Ambassador of Fear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

Cool. Skeleton Army.

#24    poetofsheba

poetofsheba

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• Non est ad astra mollis e terris via

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

View PostHarlequin Dreamer, on 17 August 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

Thats a very celtic tradition

Well Europe has always had a very high exchange of culture and traditions between tribes and people.

Generally it's suggested that Proto-Celtic and Celtic populations originated from central/eastern Europe around Hallstatt (the Hallstatt culture ca 800BC-450BC and the La Tene culture) and in its eastern zones. Northern Germany and Scandinavia had a very high exchange of culture with Hallstatt particularly in the pre-roman iron-age (in Scandinavia around 500BC-1AD) -- so there was definitely some cultural exchange and influences to Scandinavia AND from Scandinavia.

But the lake and bog sacrifices in Denmark goes back into the bronze age and there have been many finds such as the sun chariot:

Posted Image

it's dated to 1350BC so long before the Hallstatt culture and the majority of the Celtic tribes - so maybe this is one tradition they picked up from their contact with Scandinavia? I actually don't know - but I do know yet another topic a have to look into now :)

"The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
"The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones." ~ William Shakespeare
"I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing." ~ Socrates (as stated by Plato)

www.poetofsheba.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users