Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

7.8%

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31    Socio

Socio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

View PostRavenHawk, on 06 October 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

The Dept of labor considers part-time jobs the same as full time jobs. A closer look at those 114,000 probably includes part-time seasonal labor. But also those entering the workforce for the first time. So you have more than 342,000 people leaving the workforce. These people are probably children (in their 20s & 30s) moving back home or wives not bringing in that second income. Putting more burden on those that are working. There are 12.1 million that receive benefits. It is this number that the unemployment rate is keyed off of. By doing the math, 114,000 only gives a rate change of .009% but 456,000 gives .03 (actually .037). I guess they felt that they'd be pushing it by rounding up.

I think you nailed it; basicallythe SAME number of ‘new jobs’ 114 cannot throw up several points of movement as they tried to fake. In other words…if 113 jobs in Aug (paraphrasing) = 8.1% – 114 jobs in Sept. can’t make it 7.8% ! Especially when they‘ve admitted that most of those ’new jobs’ were 1. part time and 2. about 50K less than the basic amount per month needed to keep up with population.

But times have changed, MSM under Bush claimed the BLS data unreliable.. now under Obama it is fact,  if you question it you are labeled a conspiracy theorist and there are enough stupid in America to buy it hook line and sinker.

Edited by Socio, 07 October 2012 - 11:28 AM.

#32    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,971 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

View Postand then, on 06 October 2012 - 05:09 AM, said:

And everything just keeps falling Obarry's way...ISN'T IT WONDERFUL?

YES it is wonderfully positive news for our country. To blast it, means a lot about your views.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#33    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,971 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostIs it for real, on 06 October 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

Maybe at one time he did but if he has no job then that makes him jobless. I know how it works but unemployed is unemployed. So if the hobo isn't counted in the 7.8 then the 7.8 isn't entirely true.

It's the same non-partisan measure we have used for decades in Democrat and Repub administrations.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#34    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,971 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 06 October 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

CNN reported this article last night.
I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers are deliberately manipulated.
http://money.cnn.com....html?hpt=hp_t2

An Opinion pieces is not news. Nor is it unbiased, non-partisan.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#35    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,364 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

View Postninjadude, on 07 October 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

YES it is wonderfully positive news for our country. To blast it, means a lot about your views.
It means I think the man's a menace and want him defeated.  For such news to break NOW only helps him to win.  That's all it means CC

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#36    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,313 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

View Postninjadude, on 05 October 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

I suggest you visit your local unemployment office. Are you expecting unemployed to roam the streets? Help wanted ads are generally fake. There are zillions of people unemployed. I was one of them eariler this year.
Glad you found a job, Ninja. At least it sounds like you did.

Posted Image

#37    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,428 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

View Postninjadude, on 05 October 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

I suggest you visit your local unemployment office. Are you expecting unemployed to roam the streets? Help wanted ads are generally fake. There are zillions of people unemployed. I was one of them eariler this year.

But you aren't now?

I don't know anyone out of work that wants or is capable to work.

All I'm saying is maybe those numbers aren't a true indicator of what is happening.

#38    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,971 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

View Postand then, on 07 October 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

It means I think the man's a menace and want him defeated.  For such news to break NOW only helps him to win.  That's all it means CC

meaning he stands up to Israel and won't help them make war. Yeah I get it. But it also makes you EXACTLY like most other Repubs who for four years would do ANYTHING to destroy the US to keep Obama from succeeding. This is what Americans hate about government.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#39    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,313 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

View PostSocio, on 06 October 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

I would think to have the biggest jump in 30 years exactly when Obama needed it the most has got to be hard to swallow for even the most die hard Obama supporters.

Besides the number just not adding up there is another tell the BLS is lying;

http://www.contactom...arsigns0808.htm

Now watch the Labor Secretary being questioned about the numbers:

Here is another interesting tidbit to go along with the blinking = liar;

http://blog.lib.umn....bama_blinks.php
She sure did blink a lot, didn't she? It does seem rather odd....

Posted Image

#40    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,971 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostGummug, on 07 October 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

Glad you found a job, Ninja. At least it sounds like you did.

Thanks. It took a year of looking, six months unemployed and a significant cut in pay. But I've downsized a bit and it's all good.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#41    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,971 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

View Postsupervike, on 07 October 2012 - 11:45 PM, said:

But you aren't now?
I don't know anyone out of work that wants or is capable to work.

It took me 12 months to find a job from the notice of layoff. I was actually unemployed for 6 months before I got a job. For significantly less money. So for those six months I was one of those out of work and capable. In fact, in order to get unemployment insurance, you HAVE to be capable of work AND actively seeking work, at least in Illinois. If I wanted to uproot my entire life and move to 500 to 1000 miles or more, I suppose I could have found one earlier. It's not that simple or cheap to move when you have a family and a community. I did a lot of moving before I had kids.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#42    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,971 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

View PostGummug, on 07 October 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

She sure did blink a lot, didn't she? It does seem rather odd....

Not really. Have you ever been in a studio with all the lights? The bureau that records the unemployment statistics is non partisan by law.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#43    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,313 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

View Postninjadude, on 07 October 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

Thanks. It took a year of looking, six months unemployed and a significant cut in pay. But I've downsized a bit and it's all good.
Anyway, congratulations again. I've been there and done that myself, it's never fun, but thank goodness I'm single so at least I don't have to worry about a wife and kids. Anyway again glad you're working! :tu:

Posted Image

#44    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,313 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

View Postninjadude, on 07 October 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

Not really. Have you ever been in a studio with all the lights? The bureau that records the unemployment statistics is non partisan by law.
I admit that's not my area of expertise. I have a friend who used to be in law enforcement so I might see if he knows something about "how to tell when someone's lying". I suppose there's no fool-proof method, even lie detectors are not 100%, that's why they're not allowed in court.
eta: I mean the results are not allowed in court is my understanding.

Edited by Gummug, 08 October 2012 - 12:02 AM.

Posted Image

#45    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,401 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

Unemployment rate below 8% : Obama could win the election 30 days from now. Then newswire (this just in!) from California: Gas goes up 20 cents per gallon...Obama risks losing his job to Mitt Romney and Cal. is a "true blue" state on electoral maps. Factors like the price of gas also effects the chances of reelection for Obama, because that matters as much as the national unemployment rate.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users