Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange figure/school ghost

Dennisatan

Okay, here's the story.

About a week ago i went to this new school. It's located about 7 miles away from the nearest city, which isn't really that big, with a population of about 7000 people, i think. But the school-area is in the middle of nowhere and the main building is really old (about 150 years or so).

The main buidling also works as a dormatory, where most of the 40ish students live.

Anyawy, my roommate attended this school last year and he's now on his second year, while I'm on my first. He's told me stories about weird stuff happening at the school, like bags flying out of the locker, foosteps in the corridor, shadows ad sometimes, feelings of dread and almost panic.

Other students have told stories about some weird thing in the basement. (if stories are true, someone apparently died there sometime long ago.)

So if this wasn't enough to creep the living hell out of me, this "thing" in the basement, supposedly, has already been seen by some of the students, while they were in the sauna or the laundry room (both located in the basement). One of the students says she was in the laundry room when she heard some footsteps. First she thought it was nothing, since a lot of people use the laundry room. but then she felt really creeped out and saw some sort of crouching figure at the storage-part of the basement (You can see it from the laundry room, at the far end of the corridor).

We heard her scream and she came running up, panicking and scaring the rest of us, so we ran out of the school. Then she explained what had just happened, and i don't think anybody there could sleep that night. I know I couldn't.

I don't know if this is true or not. Maybe she was just trying to scare us or something because we had been talking about these ghost-stories the day before. Or maybe her eyes and mind played tricks on her. Who knows. But i think I heard what could have been steps a few days ago in the upper corridor, but I didn't want to take any chances, so i didn't check it out. Brave as a bunny, i know.

Anyway, some students at the school are going to have a "ghost-hunt" sometime this week so maybe I'll upload some pictures.

I don't think anyone can give an accurate judgement without photos to look at. Untouched, uncropped photos.

It is quite possible that a story has been passed down through subsequent generations of students to scare the younger, incoming students. The story probably had a rather mundane explanation when it first started and kids changed the story - even a little - with each retelling. If you don't think this can happen, try sitting with a group of ten or so people in a circle. Whisper something into the ear of the first person and ask them to pass it on. As the story passes around the circle, you can pretty much guarantee the last person won't tell you what you told the person to start.

• Like 2

Try and do a little historical research about the school and the surrounding area. You may be able to pinpoint how and why the stories got started, even if the truth isn't as crazy as it seems like it would be. Schools are notorious hotbeds of urban legends and manufactured ghost stories, though.