Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Cocklawburn Phantoms

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    schadeaux

schadeaux

Ambiguitous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 09:21 PM

anomalies-unlimited.com  
The Cocklawburn Phantoms  

Cocklawburn Beach sits on the border between England and Scotland at a place called Berwick-upon-Tweed. The photographer says that day there was no one on the beach except for him and a woman in a pink jacket who was walking her dog. She can be seen midway between center and the left edge (the light spot).

When the picture was developed a row of 5 phantoms showed up on the left. It seems to be 3 adults and two children dressed in long dark coats. They stand in a row looking towards the photographer, just ahead of where the woman walking the dog is heading. Two of the adults hold their arms stiffly in back of them. The other does this with their left arm but looks as if they are holding one of the children's hands - except if that is the child's hand, the arm is coming at a strange angle from not-quite-it's shoulder, unless it's the opposite arm crossed over their chest. Which is, still, a strange position. The other child is off to the side and turned sideways to the group. They appear to be holding something in their arms that partially blocks their face - a baby? A doll? But that's the creepiest part - they don't have faces - no shadows or features can be seen. The beach has no trees, fences or poles that this would be mistaken for - the "Normal" beach where the phantoms are is as bare and straight as the rest of it. In other photos of the beach taken by this photographer, these figures aren't there.

The only ghostly history the beach seems to have is that a boy was killed in 1995 when a tunnel he was digging collapsed on him. In 1999, human remains of a man, which were estimated to be about 100 years old, were discovered in this same area of the beach.

This pic gives me the creeps.

Anomalies Unlimited

"To study and not think is a waste.
To think and not study is dangerous."
Confucius

#2    Druss

Druss

Psychic Spy

• 1,209 posts

• My tongue is firmly in my cheek

Posted 15 July 2003 - 10:15 PM

"In other photos of the beach taken by this photographer, these figures aren't there."

I don't beleive they are in this one either.

blink.gif  

#3    djdodo

djdodo

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 11:04 PM

Yeee  ph34r.gif
The picutres gave me the creeps  scared.gif  

<span style='color:pink'>Luv is unpredictable. luv's Blind!
Luv is like a Diamond, when it brakes it turns in to dust.
Dont buy luv with money, it never works</span>

#4    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 21 July 2003 - 07:30 PM

I think it more likely that there were people there but the photographer didn't notice them.

never take me too seriously

#5    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,270 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 21 July 2003 - 07:52 PM

I tend to agree with PurpleStuart here, if it wasn't for the fact the photographer claimed they weren't there at the time, I would have assumed it was simply a picture showing some ordinary people at the other end of the beach. The fact that they are wearing dark clothing further adds to the likelihood of the photographer not noticing them.

#6    Sukato-San

Sukato-San

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

• I defend the honour of Aga Reimei High School!

Posted 23 July 2003 - 07:07 PM

The site says "They don't have faces!"  Well, no crap.  The figures are a long way off, you can't blow up something the size of a pin and try to distinguish a face.  I'll tow the party line here and say that the photographer probably didn't know they were there.

Que linda me la traiga Cuba,
la reina de la Mar Caribe.
Cielo sol no tiene sangre ahi,
y que triste que no puedo vaya,
Oh va, oh va, va.

#7    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 07:47 PM

They have no faces.. did the photographers not think that tey cold be facing away from the camera?

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#8    mandyistheshiznit

mandyistheshiznit

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 10:28 PM

ya, they seem like normal people looking off into the ocean to me.... huh.gif  

#9    uranium101

uranium101

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 05:23 PM

ditto wink2.gif  

Jesus died for everyone, but if you were the only person living, he'd still die just for you. --- Uranium101

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users