Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Interesting security footage

tendo

Alright, this video, IMO, has no ghost in it, but the situation itself is pretty neat. I have no way of knowing if this is faked or not, so, for sake of argument, we'll assume it isn't entirely staged.

A woman heard screaming coming from her room, and they sent someone (untrained) to check it out. Supposedly, at about 0:35 you can see a ghost walk by, and then the light outside the door flickers. The man is inside the room with a flashlight. This is most likely the very shine/glare type image we see pass on the wall and by the camera. The guy is inside checking out the room, and the light does not flicker quickly at all, he could just be trying to turn lights on/off to a: get more light in the room or b: lure someone out of hiding if they're in there. Everything that is claimed to have happened in the room could easily be someone who actually broke in and rummaged for stuff, but it doesn't quite add up (tearing up a carpet? unless

If the situation was in fact real, this is a pretty fascinating video.

Let me know what you all think!

The lack of time being shown on the camera and the lights flickering makes me believe its something produced, ala Paranormal Activity

Though a movie about a haunted hotel shown via security footage might be kind of cool now that i think about it

Edited by SkepticalB

Assuming(?!?) this is a security video with hotel security personnel...

When we see cops are involved or security is involved, it may tend to add credibility for some of us.

But, "security" in a hotel can sometimes be anyone, from a 17-year-old who also works as a busboy in the hotel restaurant to someone with no qualms about staging something like this (and posting online), all the way to what we hope would be someone with more maturity who takes his/her job seriously.

I can see humans destroying a room, happens all the time. The screaming? They never said if an audio device was found...doesn't seem like John took the time to look hard for one.

Edited by QuiteContrary

this video been posted here before. I and another member found the owner was trying to get funds from kickstarter to make his own paranormal movie. that brings red flags, especially the guy at the hotel is also in the kickstarter video

• Like 8

this video been posted here before. I and another member found the owner was trying to get funds from kickstarter to make his own paranormal movie. that brings red flags, especially the guy at the hotel is also in the kickstarter video

Yeah, I looked but couldn't find that thread. Lots of red flags with this video.

Yes Creepy but fake.

If it was real, it'd still be creepy.

"It has not been edited".

Yes. Yes it has. Like I pointed out on the previous thread it has been clearly edited. How else did they get it to go from one angle to 4 different angles being shown at once to then splicing between footage shot from different angles and then repeating the footage of the ghost and then again zoomed in on the ghost unless the YouTube video was edited together from multiple pieces of video footage?

• Like 4

Absolutley agree with staged. Red flags? Yeah many. "John" sure says a lot for a guy that only brings his radio up for a split second, and apparantly likes to disreguard protocol. Who in the pterodactyl is "Amy"? And why do you only hear one side of the transmission? Why did the "entinty" wait for Johnny boy to open the door before making it's grand exit? The lights flicker yet the dispatcher doesn't say anything? What kind of ghost destroys carpet? etc...etc...

To all of you, this is exactly why I wanted to post it here. It seemed like it could have gone either way, but to me it seemed pretty fake. I figured if I gave it to you experts, you'd all be able to tear it apart. Thanks for the input and the great discussion, everyone!

To Brian Topp, regardless of the rest of the video, you'd have been able to put every nail in the coffin.

• Like 1

To all of you, this is exactly why I wanted to post it here. It seemed like it could have gone either way, but to me it seemed pretty fake. I figured if I gave it to you experts, you'd all be able to tear it apart. Thanks for the input and the great discussion, everyone!

To Brian Topp, regardless of the rest of the video, you'd have been able to put every nail in the coffin.

Thanks, tearing it a part is messy, I prefer the idea of dissecting it.

Thanks, tearing it a part is messy, I prefer the idea of dissecting it.

Kind of a "skeptical surgeon" yeah?

Piece by piece in order rather than tearing to shreds and put it back together after the fact.

If only more thought this way on both sides...

• Like 1

Since I work now as a security guard at a resort I can tell you there are a couple things seriously wrong with this video. Number 1: Please note that the video camera just happens to be posted in front of this particular room, showing only the door to that room. Security cameras cost a lot of money and if you will notice further the split screen shows whole areas.....not individual doors. Wrong!

Number 2: please notice that the guard in the footage is not talking into a mic or radio, you can't hear a word he's saying but damn if you can't hear the screaming with total clarity.

Number 3: Anytime a security officer hears that sort of noise coming from a unit he calls for immediant back up and for police. The person talking on the video doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get said back up or call the police.

Lastly: Doesn't it strike anyone as odd that the.....whatever....it was supposed to be came out in the only place there was a camera.....a camera that just happen tp be in the right place at the right time?

• Like 4

Since I work now as a security guard at a resort I can tell you there are a couple things seriously wrong with this video. Number 1: Please note that the video camera just happens to be posted in front of this particular room, showing only the door to that room. Security cameras cost a lot of money and if you will notice further the split screen shows whole areas.....not individual doors. Wrong!

Number 2: please notice that the guard in the footage is not talking into a mic or radio, you can't hear a word he's saying but damn if you can't hear the screaming with total clarity.

Number 3: Anytime a security officer hears that sort of noise coming from a unit he calls for immediant back up and for police. The person talking on the video doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get said back up or call the police.

Lastly: Doesn't it strike anyone as odd that the.....whatever....it was supposed to be came out in the only place there was a camera.....a camera that just happen tp be in the right place at the right time?

yeah I said the exact same thing on the other thread

yeah I said the exact same thing on the other thread

Great minds think alike.

:tu:

Expert's on this forum are like authentic ghost vid's. Thank 's for the laugh, really ,"EXPERT'S" Hahahahahaha.

Expert's on this forum are like authentic ghost vid's. Thank 's for the laugh, really ,"EXPERT'S" Hahahahahaha.

Well EXPERTS is the correct word, not expert's since that is a term of ownership.

Why not have experts here? we have experts believers who claim to do things that aren't possible except in the realm of imagination.

• Like 1

Exactly my point, self proclaimed experts are a dime a dozen on this site, like narcissistic spell checkers.

Exactly my point, self proclaimed experts are a dime a dozen on this site, like narcissistic spell checkers.

My favourite is people coming to this forum and ask for advice on things but really they only want to hear positive reinforcement of their claims. Like one person being stuborn with this idea of having a witch giving her a kitten....

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 2

She said she was a wiccan, I thought all witches were wiccan, she gave me a cat.So? You upset ?