Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The giant snake that can open doors

Still Waters

Not only can can it devour a deer the size of a small child in one bite, but this killer python can also open doors.

In this amazing yet terrifying footage, Julius the 16-foot albino Burmese python can turn a closet handle with her own body weight.

Yet another reason for you to lock your doors at night.

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

• Like 3

"Bored of being in a dark room, she flips on the light, opens the door and bails." :clap: :clap: :clap:

Okay, this is by far my favorite animal video, now. Awesome! I had no idea you could train a snake like this.

I wonder what the owner's fellow apartment dwellers thought after they saw this!

I'd want out too if I was a giant snake in an apt. :(

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

I saw this video, a couple of days ago, and it completely freaked me out.... A 16 foot snake opening a door! :blink:

That is something right out of one of my nightmares!

• Like 2

I saw this video, a couple of days ago, and it completely freaked me out.... A 16 foot snake opening a door! :blink:

That is something right out of one of my nightmares!

they steal undies too ... the pythons here in asia have been know to grab bras off the laundry line .... I kid not ... :lol:

`

• Like 3

they steal undies too ... the pythons here in asia have been know to grab bras off the laundry line .... I kid not ... :lol:

`

Huh? Are you serious, or are you pulling my leg?

:)

• Like 1

Huh? Are you serious, or are you pulling my leg?

Nope ... Seen it with my own eyes ... I think its the shape hanging on the line ... it makes it interesting to them ... maybe food ... I dunno ... :lol:

Serious ... :yes:

`

• Like 1

Nope ... Seen it with my own eyes ... I think its the shape hanging on the line ... it makes it interesting to them ... maybe food ... I dunno ... :lol:

Serious ... :yes:

`

That would totally freak me out if I saw that.... :huh:

That would totally freak me out if I saw that.... :huh:

Nahhhh ... it funny as hell ... the little old ladies gets a big kick out of it ... it is very rare nowadays ...

but back in the days ... in the villages ... its the finest afternoon entertainment one can get ... :lol:

`

• Like 1

Nahhhh ... it funny as hell ... the little old ladies gets a big kick out of it ... it is very rare nowadays ...

but back in the days ... in the villages ... its the finest afternoon entertainment one can get ... :lol:

`

What do they do with the underwear? Wear it? lol

• Like 1

What do they do with the underwear? Wear it? lol

Nobody knows ... I still believe it is the shape in the sun ... maybe they think its a bird nest or something ... so hungry pythons will investigate ... :yes:

the monkeys on the other hand ... yes ... they wear it on the heads ... cheeky buggers ... :lol:

the ladies hates the monkeys ... usually you never see it again once the monkeys makes a grab ... so funny as it is they don't like it ...

the snakes ... it no harm done

they'll coil around a bit and if it's windy they'll bite and fall off the line ... its hilarious ... then they just go on its way ... and the ladies gets the undies back,

sometimes not even needing another wash ...

`

• Like 1

OP article also points out - Business Insider reports Julius passed in 2012 due to an infection

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2WxPRnA4S

RIP Poor Julius...

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

RIP Julius ... hmmm been going out too much to the wrong places probably ?

~

• Like 2

RIP Julius ... hmmm been going out too much to the wrong places probably ?

~

As the article only focused on his ability to open doors ( due to the fact he was trained to ) it doesn't say how he caught an infection.. But, the poor snake is gone...

• Like 2

As the article only focused on his ability to open doors ( due to the fact he was trained to ) it doesn't say how he caught an infection.. But, the poor snake is gone...

Well .. these exotic specially bred species don't really live very long ... Julius lived long enough to knows about opening doors ... that's more than his kin in the wild ever know about :tu:

Julius is gone but Long live Julius !! :yes:

`

• Like 2

Well .. these exotic specially bred species don't really live very long ... Julius lived long enough to knows about opening doors ... that's more than his kin in the wild ever know about :tu:

Julius is gone but Long live Julius !! :yes:

`

In a way, I kinna felt a bit sorry for him, as he was struggling to open the second door..He tried and tried but nothing.

• Like 2

In a way, I kinna felt a bit sorry for him, as he was struggling to open the second door..He tried and tried but nothing.

He had it in his mind to be somewhere else ?

I feel for creatures kept in a captive environment ... we don't really know how long they can live for sure ... generally. Keep a man in such conditions, even if fed well and well cared for ... I doubt a man can survive past thirty ... the spirit just wanes away and the will to live just won't be there.

`

• Like 2

He had it in his mind to be somewhere else ?

I feel for creatures kept in a captive environment ... we don't really know how long they can live for sure ... generally. Keep a man in such conditions, even if fed well and well cared for ... I doubt a man can survive past thirty ... the spirit just wanes away and the will to live just won't be there.`

Personally, I wouldn't keep a big snake like that in closed doors...If I wanted to home such a creature, I would have a wide open safe environment for him.......

• Like 2

Meh. Back in my younger 'snake-hips' days I slithered under many a bedroom door. (only saying)

• Like 3

Personally, I wouldn't keep a big snake like that in closed doors...If I wanted to home such a creature, I would have a wide open safe environment for him.......

that's the problem with snakes ... nobody really knows the range of their natural habitat ... or with most animals come to think of it.

The great whites are now known to travel right across the world ... and king cobras have now been studied to have ranges far greater than anyone suspected.

Unless bred in captivity like Julius ... its a bad idea ... in which case Julius probably won't do well in the wild.

~

I'd like to see one try and open a door with a door knob rather than a door handle.

But the whole scene made me giggle.

*Door opens* *Flop!* Lady: Good job.

• Like 3

when they're that size and they sets their mind on going somewhere ...

969596_578732885526121_2097674744_n.jpg

who you gonna call ?

:lol:

`

• Like 4

Who knows, it might be completely accidental. A confined snake will continually crawl around its enclosure exploring or looking for a way out (in this case looks like a bathroom) and with that type of handle, in trying to gain something to climb on it triggers the door handle and opens the door.

Now when it learns to open the gate to the dog kennel, we have a problem....

• Like 2

We should not try to keep wild animals. It is difficult on us and miserable for the animal. Animals that have had many generations of domestication are different and have evolved to our world, but even they don't have the instincts needed to deal with modern inventions, so they need to be kept safe.

• Like 2

We should not try to keep wild animals. It is difficult on us and miserable for the animal. Animals that have had many generations of domestication are different and have evolved to our world, but even they don't have the instincts needed to deal with modern inventions, so they need to be kept safe.

Perhaps we should not try to keep certain wild animals after all, tropical fish are basically wild animals, so are Dart Frogs, Chameleons, Geckos, Corn Snakes, Parrots, Finches, etcetera. Most of these can be kept in reasonable enclosures that simulate their natural habitat, and in some cases such as certain fish species, they are now extinct in the wild. Habitat destruction marches onward; had it not been for hobbyists or zoological preserves, they would be gone now. But keeping any wild species should not be taken lightly and research into the needs of the animal should be paramount.

I do think it is foolish to keep dangerous animals as house pets. A full grown big cat or Burmese Python can easily kill a human, but then so can a Pit Bull Terrier under the right circumstances.

• Like 1

To me this video is completely fake. It looks as if the snake was just propped up against the door causing the door to open imo its fake.