Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The children who bore witness to Roswell

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#31    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,805 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

All little towns have that system where your cars puke out ! Its so they can tell you it will be three weeks until they get a part needed. Then you have to spend time in there little museums and such buying stuff ! Helping out ther little economy !

This is a Work in Progress!

#32    Cotton

Cotton

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 16 March 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

All little towns have that system where your cars puke out ! Its so they can tell you it will be three weeks until they get a part needed. Then you have to spend time in there little museums and such buying stuff ! Helping out ther little economy !

:D Lol well in this case they didn't get more then 2 coffees both visits... better luck next time! Ha!

#33    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,362 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:10 AM

Hi Cotton,

Just wanted to comment on a small piece of your post here as I don't really want to get into a Roswell discussion (been there, done that).

View PostCotton, on 16 March 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

My former boss age 68... I went on a business trip with him traveling through Roswell going to cloudcroft figured I'd ask his thoughts on the crash since he was from around that area and older... so what do you think about all this alien crash thing? All he said was I don't know what to actually think of it all I know is if it had been a weather balloon the story wouldnt have changed like it did... :-/

<snip>

Bolding mine.

The fact of the matter is that the official story has not changed, except for when Project Mogul was declassified, it was admitted that it was not a regular weather balloon payload, but a Project Mogul train payload (the balloons themselves were the same). Whether that is a cover story or not, who knows. Lost_Shaman made a good case for it being a cover up (albeit not for ET). Nonetheless, the fact remains that the official story did not change in any significant manner.

The only place the story has changed is in the imaginative circles of UFOlogy where this imaginative tale has evolved over the years.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited by badeskov, 17 March 2012 - 03:10 AM.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#34    Cotton

Cotton

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 17 March 2012 - 03:10 AM, said:

Hi Cotton,

Just wanted to comment on a small piece of your post here as I don't really want to get into a Roswell discussion (been there, done that).

Bolding mine.

The fact of the matter is that the official story has not changed, except for when Project Mogul was declassified, it was admitted that it was not a regular weather balloon payload, but a Project Mogul train payload (the balloons themselves were the same). Whether that is a cover story or not, who knows. Lost_Shaman made a good case for it being a cover up (albeit not for ET). Nonetheless, the fact remains that the official story did not change in any significant manner.

The only place the story has changed is in the imaginative circles of UFOlogy where this imaginative tale has evolved over the years.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Well idk why he said what he said seemed like he didn't wana talk abt it much more so I dropped it...

imo its been to long, to many stories, to many points of view... over excited ppl running with it..... to ever get the truth out completely. Not to mention to many have died.

#35    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,805 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

The only thing thats always got my Goat on Roswell is the many reports by several different sources about the morouge in town being alerted about bodies and multi reports about said bodies.
Too many loose ends today If you really  add up to Low-Down.
But WHo knows it all could be a Wild West Story !  Giddy-Up E.T Lets Blast outta here !

#36    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:59 AM

View PostCotton, on 17 March 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Well idk why he said what he said seemed like he didn't wana talk abt it much more so I dropped it...

imo its been to long, to many stories, to many points of view... over excited ppl running with it..... to ever get the truth out completely. Not to mention to many have died.

Indeed I would agree, much water has passed under the bridge, and the only still living "witness" would be Bessie Brazel. I would say he got the story like most did - the media. That hyped up version is what the majority of people are familiar with.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#37    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:23 AM

View Postzenfahr, on 09 March 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

I live on the other side of the mountain.. closer to Corona where the UFO actually crashed, then skiped.
At the school I work at we had a libraian, who grew up in the Roswell area, her family was all from that area.  This woman was incredible, very sweet, always in a good mood, sharp as hell, and married to the minister in Ruidoso.  She used to tell stories about her grandfather, whom went out to area to help clean up the crash, talk about alien bodies being carried off. She was one hundred percent convinced that it was a UFO, and that there were aliens.  Granted I know the skeptics out there would not take her word, even if she was mother teresa, but I have history with this lady and have no doubt what she tells is true.

Although I must admit yes, if the woman was Mother Theresa and had her hand on a stack of Bible, I would still not take the tale for gospel, I do believe she may believe her story, that is a different matter though. And from what I can tell, this seems to be a typical Roswellian attitude? That an Alien craft did crash and the government are supposedly covering it all up? One thing I have noticed over time is that Roswellians seem quite proud of this ambiguous heritage. It might be a one of instance, but considering this, the claim from the article (knew this was Bragalias work just by the title!) that Vernon Brazel was ridiculed by classmates does not seem to ring true, and it seems strange that he would be traumatised by that which most residents seem to hold up proudly?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#38    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,805 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:44 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 19 March 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

Although I must admit yes, if the woman was Mother Theresa and had her hand on a stack of Bible, I would still not take the tale for gospel, I do believe she may believe her story, that is a different matter though. And from what I can tell, this seems to be a typical Roswellian attitude? That an Alien craft did crash and the government are supposedly covering it all up? One thing I have noticed over time is that Roswellians seem quite proud of this ambiguous heritage. It might be a one of instance, but considering this, the claim from the article (knew this was Bragalias work just by the title!) that Vernon Brazel was ridiculed by classmates does not seem to ring true, and it seems strange that he would be traumatised by that which most residents seem to hold up proudly?
WEll the proof is in the puddin ! ANd Roswell has not a drop of puddin it seems ! So Now can we Have our Puddin ? :tu:
I`ll promise to Cook the Beef ! Roswell is long been dead the only Space ship`s near there are Sir Richard Branson`s !

#39    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,049 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 19 March 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

Gidday mate,

I see the point you make about the classmates ridiculing what adults may be 'proud' of. However I would just add another possible slant in that if a child is 10 times cleverer than others, this could be something that other children would target and ridicule...an adult with the same would be proud of this level of intelligence. How many children are very clever yet play it down so as to be part of teh crowd so to speak...

just another way of looking at it.

#40    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

View Postquillius, on 19 March 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

Gidday mate,

I see the point you make about the classmates ridiculing what adults may be 'proud' of. However I would just add another possible slant in that if a child is 10 times cleverer than others, this could be something that other children would target and ridicule...an adult with the same would be proud of this level of intelligence. How many children are very clever yet play it down so as to be part of teh crowd so to speak...

just another way of looking at it.

Gidday Mate

I am sure that is a possibility, but not sure how it applies to Vern Brazel? Anthony Bragalia's article says that Loretta Proctor makes out that Vern was targeted and made fun of because of his fathers find.

I was going to quite the article, but it has been closed to the public, therefore I suggest the thread be closed.

This blog is open to invited readers only

http://bragalia.blogspot.com/
It doesn't look like you have been invited to read this blog. If you think this is a mistake, you might want to contact the blog author and request an invitation.

No point in discussing something that cannot be referenced.

#41    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 19 March 2012 - 03:44 AM, said:

WEll the proof is in the puddin ! ANd Roswell has not a drop of puddin it seems ! So Now can we Have our Puddin ? :tu:
I`ll promise to Cook the Beef ! Roswell is long been dead the only Space ship`s near there are Sir Richard Branson`s !

I do believe Mr Bragalia would be more than willing to help "cook something up" so I am in the right company at the very least!

#42    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,805 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 19 March 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

I do believe Mr Bragalia would be more than willing to help "cook something up" so I am in the right company at the very least!
Indeed psyche101 ! We shall waist not in our Tour of the States when you arrive ! My plan is to Visit Roswell ,pick up a few Tee-shitrs for the Aussie family ! and Blast off to The New Space port for a all day tour !
B.B.Q and Beer will fill out the meals  Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner,Midnight snack !  That ought to Get you over here for the  Tell of Tell`s  ! Dont forget to bring me one of those borunga- tubes that Goes BrrrrrrrrrrbOOOOggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppphhhhew! :tu:

Attached Files

#43    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:38 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 20 March 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

Indeed psyche101 ! We shall waist not in our Tour of the States when you arrive ! My plan is to Visit Roswell ,pick up a few Tee-shitrs for the Aussie family ! and Blast off to The New Space port for a all day tour !
B.B.Q and Beer will fill out the meals  Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner,Midnight snack !  That ought to Get you over here for the  Tell of Tell`s  ! Dont forget to bring me one of those borunga- tubes that Goes BrrrrrrrrrrbOOOOggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppphhhhew! :tu:

Mate, that sounds tops. I will see what I can do about getting you a genuine borunga tube ;) I know someone south who makes traditional items, I'll see what customs has to say :tu:
I suck at playing them though, be warned. I do much better with a guitar.

#44    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,362 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:47 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 19 March 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

Gidday Mate

I am sure that is a possibility, but not sure how it applies to Vern Brazel? Anthony Bragalia's article says that Loretta Proctor makes out that Vern was targeted and made fun of because of his fathers find.

I was going to quite the article, but it has been closed to the public, therefore I suggest the thread be closed.

This blog is open to invited readers only

http://bragalia.blogspot.com/
It doesn't look like you have been invited to read this blog. If you think this is a mistake, you might want to contact the blog author and request an invitation.

No point in discussing something that cannot be referenced.

Interesting - he closed his blog. I wonder why Posted Image

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#45    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,805 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:02 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 20 March 2012 - 05:47 AM, said:

Interesting - he closed his blog. I wonder why Posted Image

Cheers,
Badeskov
Theres no wonder at all Badeskov`s  THe Proof is always in the Puddin ! :tu:

I want one of these to Spin up some Outta this World Margarita`s !

Attached Files

Edited by DONTEATUS, 21 March 2012 - 02:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users