Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Program Code Named "Stellar Wind"

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,623 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:50 AM

View PostLittle Fish, on 06 September 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

google Sentient World Simulation

they will know how you and the collective will react to an impulse even before the event and before you know. being able to predict this enables control of the future. Asimov wrote about this in his Foundation series decades ago.

people are far too flippant about the privacy of their personal information.
I think that most are just naive about the potential harm.  Some, like myself, truly have nothing to lose and don't really care if big brother wants to know what sights I surf or where I live.  I think of myself as one of Orwell's Proles.  It's quite liberating to have nothing of value that can be held as leverage against you.  I exaggerate a bit but ONLY a bit.  I actually don't think of the government as being a focused nefarious actor in our lives.  It's probably just as bad but the harm comes from the fact that it is a stumbling, half blind behemoth stomping it's way from one self made crises to another.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#17    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

I understand your position on this AND THEN, but what is implied by your position is that you don't really care about what the law says, you don't really care about the 4th Amendment, and probably the rest of the Constitution as well.

Because if you are willing to accept government law-breaking on 4th Amendment matters, then most likely you are willing to condone government law-breaking in other areas, which we know to be the case.

A precarious position to be in, if one EVER claims to believe in the rule of law.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users