Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

women special or equal?

notoverrated

do you see women as a equal in terms of self defense? or special? can a women defend herself by using lethal force on a man? and can a man use lethal force to defend against a women?

I am a strong believer in equality. I think men and women should have the same rights and the same punishments. What goes along with equality is giving up the "special" treatment that a particular group had before they were considered equal. Neither should engage in abuse or violence towards the other but no person should do that against another anyways. Not a man against a man, a man against a woman, not a woman against a man, and not a woman against a woman. It is a level playing field...

If a smaller man walked up and hit me in the face, I will knock him on his ass. If a woman hit me in the face, I should be able to knock her on her ass. If you want to be equal, you should except the same punishments. If you do not want the same punishments, then clearly you are special, and not equal. You cannot be both IMO. You cannot get the benefits of being equal but also get the benefits of being special. The reason for that is because that is not fair to the other party. A man for example, would be doublely discriminated against if he must take the abuse and cannot defend himself.

Edited by HuttonEtAl
  • Like 6

interesting, and what abut the fact that men are bigger then women (on average) should there be circumstances?

interesting, and what abut the fact that men are bigger then women (on average) should there be circumstances?

Circumstances pertaining to what?

What about a small man? I was a wrestler in high school...we had guys that weighed barely 100 lbs. Should they get special treatment because they are smaller? What if a guy weighs 100 lbs and his girl weighs 150 lbs? Also, guns and other weapons do not care about size. No one should be assulting anyone, period. I guess I kind of look at it this way...know your place...I do not mess with a guy that is 350 lbs, so a guy that is 130 lbs should not mess with me. It is quite simple...

Edit: I mean in wrestling and MMA we compensate for this size difference by having different weight classes but when we are just screwing around I have rolled with guys of all sizes. I do not fare too well against guys that out weight me by 50 lbs and I dominate guys that I outweigh by 50 lbs. In one of my MMA sessions I actually had a girl challenge me. She was a cop and her B/F was a pro MMA fighter. She weighed about 130, me about 200. I threw her around like a rag doll. The girls, we treated the same, and some of them were actually quite good at rolling with guys...

Edited by HuttonEtAl
  • Like 1

im not on bored with being able to strike a women (maybe how i was raised) but i think legally it shouldnt effect the case.

im not on bored with being able to strike a women (maybe how i was raised) but i think legally it shouldnt effect the case.

I think it depends on the circumstance. No man should abuse a woman. But no woman should be able to abuse a man just because. My wife has gotten p***ed and hit me before. I asked her to please not hit me unless she wants to get hit. She has never hit me since. I have never hit a woman and hope I never have to...but if a woman tries to kick my ass and physically harm me, I will defend myself.

• Like 1

Hutton is saying that in the case of self-defence, is a man strikes a women, the consequences faced shouldn't be less or more severe than striking a man. (Correct if wrong)

My position is that when it comes to the law emotions should stay aside. Situations shouldn't be judged diffidently based on gender. There should be no special circumstances.

Edited by Thomas J
  • Like 3

Let's put it this way...I would not let a woman kill me because they are some how special and cannot be harmed.

I have been smacked, pushed, bitten, burned by cigarettes, and had a knife held to my face on several different occasions by many different girlfriends, and I have never once sank myself low enough to hit a woman in return, no matter what. Period. I am a huge pricked, I admit, but I know not to Ever ever lay a hand on a female, no matter what, in an abusive manner. That's the lowest, yellowish thing a man could ever possibly do, no matter what.

Where do you find your girlfriends? Well, if a woman kills you because you refuse to defend yourself...so be it...

Edited by HuttonEtAl

I have been smacked, pushed, bitten, burned by cigarettes, and had a knife held to my face on several different occasions by many different girlfriends, and I have never once sank myself low enough to hit a woman in return, no matter what. Period. I am a huge prick, I admit, but I know not to Ever ever lay a hand on a female, no matter what, in an abusive manner. That's the lowest, yellowish thing a man could ever possibly do, no matter what.

Sheesh, your ex-girlfriends sound a little crazy. No offence.

Nobody (I would hope..) is saying hitting a women is right. It's when this takes place the consequences faced should be no different. Gender should be seen as irrelevant. IMO

• Like 1

Is there a difference between a man who is totally raging with testosterone, beating on his wife and using his brut strength while she tries to protect herself, what chance has she got ? she can't counter him with sheer strength alone, so she has to either endure it and hope for the best, or she makes sure that whatever she does to attack back, is going to be powerful enough to put her on a equal basis with him, if not better to stop everything.

versus

A man who is being wailed on by his raging emotional/hormonal wife, who conversely does have the strength to counter her on a strength basis without having to pick up a weapon or makeshift one to stand on a equal basis than her.

The person being abused regardless of the gender should have the right to be able to defend them self, but the law should also recognise that if neither were too do so, then it is women who are at a far bigger disadvantage and risk of being killed than men are. And it is women who are likely to be pushed into survival mode to literally fight for their life. An instinct that can not be controlled and has no rational place.

A man being battered by a women could easily just knock her out fairly easily and stop the escalation without killing her or damaging her too badly. A women being battered by a man has every chance against her that if she doesn't make her attack good enough, he will rage even more and kill her.

• Like 3

Is there a difference between a man who is totally raging with testosterone, beating on his wife and using his brut strength while she tries to protect herself, what chance has she got ? she can't counter him with sheer strength alone, so she has to either endure it and hope for the best, or she makes sure that whatever she does to attack back, is going to be powerful enough to put her on a equal basis with him, if not better to stop everything.

versus

A man who is being wailed on by his raging emotional/hormonal wife, who conversely does have the strength to counter her on a strength basis without having to pick up a weapon or makeshift one to stand on a equal basis than her.

The person being abused regardless of the gender should have the right to be able to defend them self, but the law should also recognise that if neither were too do so, then it is women who are at a far bigger disadvantage and risk of being killed than men are. And it is women who are likely to be pushed into survival mode to literally fight for their life. An instinct that can not be controlled and has no rational place.

A man being battered by a women could easily just knock her out fairly easily and stop the escalation without killing her or damaging her too badly. A women being battered by a man has every chance against her that if she doesn't make her attack good enough, he will rage even more and kill her.

http://www.youtube.c...bed/SGfG5c65r2s

Edited by HuttonEtAl

He was outweighed by about 100 lbs AND he appeared drunk or stoned....bad situation for him...

So this is not always true?

I have been smacked, pushed, bitten, burned by cigarettes, and had a knife held to my face on several different occasions by many different girlfriends, and I have never once sank myself low enough to hit a woman in return, no matter what. Period. I am a huge prick, I admit, but I know not to Ever ever lay a hand on a female, no matter what, in an abusive manner. That's the lowest, yellowish thing a man could ever possibly do, no matter what.

Not sure if a doormat could sink lower anyway.

Women have killed people. No one would want your help in such a situation.

If anyone, man or woman, attacks me or a family member I will fight back.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

Man or woman if you are picking on someone much smaller than yourself you would be a bully. If the smaller person starts it and you can't walk away I think you have every right to defend yourself.

Bones how did you deal with that kind of abuse without reacting? I don't know if I could of. No matter how upset I have been with a boyfriend I have never done anything like that, just dumped them.

IMO women = Equal..

But it's a sad reflection on society that when a national sports team looses a game, the woman's refuges begin to fill.

Women that are pumped up with estrogen are just as dangerous as men pumped up on Testoterone, but in most cases it is men who are the beaters... not because of testosterone, not because they are stonger. In most cases it is the men who are the beaters because like it or not, the unwritten law dictates that society is Patriacle. IMHO religion has played a big hand in this..

Women, children, and the elderly are (sadly) easy targets for abusers. This is the real issue, people who choose to abuse others. IMO, men and women will never be 'equal' in the sense of having the exact same strengths and weaknesses as one other. That said, men and women are equally valuable human beings. In the final analysis that's what really matters.

• Like 5

It's taken a great deal of time for my friends, all if them except one are guys, to view me as 'one of the guys'. Call it the Southern way or just young guys thinking they have to be 'gentlemanly', but they used to be a lot less crass around me, never were physical. Nowadays, we call each other crass, but always in a friendly manner, names, we punch each others shoulders, one time I even got into a wrestling match with one of them to get a Xbox controller and he got my arm behind my back, lol. Point is, I didn't want to be 'babied' especially by the guys I see as friends, equals. I am smaller then them, and they've done the same for the young fellow in our group, but they don't like it when other fellows mess with me. It's still there, that chivalry complex, but it's less so. At least now I can open a door on my own, lol.

do you see women as a equal in terms of self defense? or special? can a women defend herself by using lethal force on a man? and can a man use lethal force to defend against a women?

Depends on how big she is, vs. how big he is? If she's pusing 300lbs, and the guy is under 130lbs, looks like a fair fight to me. My girlfriend has this female friend who's not fat, she's tall and real stocky, other girls say she's built like a tank. Now that chick could do some serious damage if she wanted to.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

What about a small man? I was a wrestler in high school...we had guys that weighed barely 100 lbs. Should they get special treatment because they are smaller? What if a guy weighs 100 lbs and his girl weighs 150 lbs? Also, guns and other weapons do not care about size. No one should be assulting anyone, period. I guess I kind of look at it this way...know your place...I do not mess with a guy that is 350 lbs, so a guy that is 130 lbs should not mess with me. It is quite simple...

Edit: I mean in wrestling and MMA we compensate for this size difference by having different weight classes but when we are just screwing around I have rolled with guys of all sizes. I do not fare too well against guys that out weight me by 50 lbs and I dominate guys that I outweigh by 50 lbs. In one of my MMA sessions I actually had a girl challenge me. She was a cop and her B/F was a pro MMA fighter. She weighed about 130, me about 200. I threw her around like a rag doll. The girls, we treated the same, and some of them were actually quite good at rolling with guys...

Yeah look at the original MMA pioneer, Bruce Lee himself. I don't think he ever weighed more than 140lbs at most, apparently he was pretty lethal, and incredibly fast.

Women are special. I'm a princess. Haven't you seen my tiara? PrincessTiara.png

Unfortunately, too many women actually believe that these days. How many guys want to date a girl who thinks she's a princess? No offense intended Bling.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3
  • Like 2

Unfortunately, too many women actually believe that these days. They're just as bad as narcissistic guys.

It was a joke! What women believe that? Have you any experience of women like that?