Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Want to do an EVP but...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    shishir

shishir

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• Paranormal Investigator

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostNinhursag, on 03 October 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

If that really is her bf, how can you be sure that he has not some sort of permit to contact her, and that the only way he can make it happen is through an EVP?

I agree she shouldn't contact the spirit if she felt there is some kind of eerie or sinister presence .. But she said it feels nice, so maybe her instinct is telling her there is nothing to worry about ..

Well, if you get a wound that you can see you do not operate it yourself. You go to a Doc. That is all she needs to do, get it touch with some experts who can physically be present and help her out.

Edited by shishir, 04 October 2012 - 08:40 AM.

#17    shishir

shishir

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• Paranormal Investigator

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

View Postshishir, on 04 October 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

Well, if you get a would that you can see you do not operate it yourself. You go to a Doc. That is all she needs to do, get it touch with some experts who can physically be present and help her out.

#18    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

That is all she needs to do, get it touch with some experts who can physically be present and help her out.

Alright, enough is enough.

Please see a therapist to help you deal with your loss. That's the only "expert" who should be physically present to help you out with anything like this.

I know this is not a popular statement on this forum, where we are all supposed to accept whatever others choose to post, but I cannot stand by in good conscience while a person in crisis is encouraged to do anything other than to see a licensed professional with experience in grief counseling.

#19    kaorichann

kaorichann

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

View Postshishir, on 04 October 2012 - 08:35 AM, said:

Why does all your lines start with "I belive" :) . The matter is what is should actually happen. And dear God is one, you need to read heart and mind connection theory. Religion is just a way of life.
And yes if any spirit is trying to contact her then it is not she who should be conatcting it. she should take help of some physic or paranormal experts. You never know when the energies turn hostile.
And yes take life easy. Its just 'it' :)

I don't think my boyfriend, who was planning on proposing to me by the end of the year (I found this out through his family after he died) could be a hostile spirit. And I am the sole survivor of the fire that killed him. Who knows, maybe there is something he wants me to know? There is a reason I am alive and he is not. I think life after death is very complicated and while we can never fully understand it, we should try very hard to.

#20    kaorichann

kaorichann

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostNeognosis, on 04 October 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

Alright, enough is enough.

Please see a therapist to help you deal with your loss. That's the only "expert" who should be physically present to help you out with anything like this.

I know this is not a popular statement on this forum, where we are all supposed to accept whatever others choose to post, but I cannot stand by in good conscience while a person in crisis is encouraged to do anything other than to see a licensed professional with experience in grief counseling.

I am getting professional help as well as attending a weekly grief support group. This is something else that I feel the need to do because of my strong spiritual experiences since the day of his funeral. Thank you for your advice, as I have been taking it.

At this point I'm only looking for advice from people who can tell me how to go about doing an EVP or other forms of contact, and not advice on counseling as I have been receiving therapy for several months. Thanks! :)

Edited by kaorichann, 04 October 2012 - 03:26 PM.

#21    chell

chell

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• You can tune a piano,,but you cant tune a fish♥

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

It is not uncommon for those who pass unexpectedly to take their time crossing over. It took my friends husband months. The recorder is a great idea. Sometimes they just need to know you are ok. I do not suggest the calling of the dead to anyone, so please do not try this. Talk to him when you feel his presence, it is good for you both. He will pass when he is ready.

www.FabulousFibers.net

#22    AshenPhoenix

AshenPhoenix

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

View Postkaorichann, on 04 October 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

I don't think my boyfriend, who was planning on proposing to me by the end of the year (I found this out through his family after he died) could be a hostile spirit. And I am the sole survivor of the fire that killed him. Who knows, maybe there is something he wants me to know? There is a reason I am alive and he is not. I think life after death is very complicated and while we can never fully understand it, we should try very hard to.
I think what shishir may be trying to say is that there are entities out there who are malicious and not above posing as your BF in order to manipulate and harm you.  Not every entity (ghost, spirit, etc) is benign.  The last thing you want and need is a malignant entity focusing it's attention on you.

As a side note.  Be very very careful of the methods you use to contact the entity.  You could unwittingly open the portal and let things into your life you will deeply retret later.  NEVER use a ouigii board without someone there who knows the proper way to open & close the portal.  Playing with spirits, ghosts, demons, ect. is NO JOKE.  Unfortunately most people don't realize that until S*** gets real.

#23    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

Go out and buy yourself a right hand ring.  I would just because I didn't get to have the engagement ring.

Oh, a BIG one.

edited to add the last sentence.

Edited by coldethyl, 20 October 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#24    poetofsheba

poetofsheba

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• Non est ad astra mollis e terris via

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

View PostAshenPhoenix, on 20 October 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

As a side note.  Be very very careful of the methods you use to contact the entity.  You could unwittingly open the portal and let things into your life you will deeply retret later.  NEVER use a ouigii board without someone there who knows the proper way to open & close the portal.  Playing with spirits, ghosts, demons, ect. is NO JOKE.  Unfortunately most people don't realize that until S*** gets real.

I just wanted to point out that you're just as likely to open something by doing EVP's - just like the recorder is just pieces of electronics, the ouija board is nothing but a piece of wood with letters on it. It's the spoken word or thoughts that's the real "magic", when you invite spirits in and ask them to communicate the medium (board, recorder etc.) doesn't matter.
It was originally developed as a toy used to communicate with your sub-consciousness and no one ran in to malevolent spirits back then. At some point people (spiritualists) started using it as a tool for communicating with spirits along with cards, pendulums, automatic writing etc. today people mainly use recorders but it's exactly the same thing - it's just a tool, it's not a magic board or something.
Another example could be a hunter: ex. he has a pistol, a riffle and a bow. These are all tools that allows him to hunt, none of them er dangerous if they are on their own (laying on the ground untouched), used wrongly they could be dangerous, but used correctly they are all good tools for the task.

It's the act of inviting spirits in that could (in a tiny amount of cases) bring something bad with it - and OP hasn't talked about using a board, neither is she inviting anything in. She's merely asking how to do EVP's to communicate with the spirit that's already there.

"The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
"The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones." ~ William Shakespeare
"I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing." ~ Socrates (as stated by Plato)

www.poetofsheba.com

#25    AshenPhoenix

AshenPhoenix

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

View Postpoetofsheba, on 21 October 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

I just wanted to point out that you're just as likely to open something by doing EVP's - just like the recorder is just pieces of electronics, the ouija board is nothing but a piece of wood with letters on it. It's the spoken word or thoughts that's the real "magic", when you invite spirits in and ask them to communicate the medium (board, recorder etc.) doesn't matter.
It was originally developed as a toy used to communicate with your sub-consciousness and no one ran in to malevolent spirits back then. At some point people (spiritualists) started using it as a tool for communicating with spirits along with cards, pendulums, automatic writing etc. today people mainly use recorders but it's exactly the same thing - it's just a tool, it's not a magic board or something.
Another example could be a hunter: ex. he has a pistol, a riffle and a bow. These are all tools that allows him to hunt, none of them er dangerous if they are on their own (laying on the ground untouched), used wrongly they could be dangerous, but used correctly they are all good tools for the task.

It's the act of inviting spirits in that could (in a tiny amount of cases) bring something bad with it - and OP hasn't talked about using a board, neither is she inviting anything in. She's merely asking how to do EVP's to communicate with the spirit that's already there.
  Hunting in a worldly/material sense isn't a good analogy.  We're not talking about the physical realm, we're talking about the realm beyond our 5 traditional senses.  We're not dealing with the traditional laws of science, matter, ect.  Infact as you suggest, the tools mean little to nothing.  It's the person and their ability to communication with skill & authority.  So a better analogy may be of an operah singer.  They may wear costumes & makeup to get into character but it's their voice and practice of their skill that commands the emotions of the listener and communicates with the audience.

That being said, I agree that any type of active interaction has the possibility of opening a portal.  But as you said, it's the spoken 'word' or 'thoughts' or may I even suggest the intent/energy you expend?  I am of the opinion that entities feed off of certain types of energy.  If you make a 'big to do' out of interacting... would that not be energy the entity could feed off of?

I'm not suggesting someone with a voice recorder can't get the same results as someone who does an elaborate summoning spell.  What I am suggesting is that the average 'newbie' hasn't the practice and skill to get into the frame of mind to be as receptive and open as well as exert the energy & intent that someone with experience would be able to do.  It's not the actions themselves, it's the degree of preparation an individual may need.  That being said, there are always exceptions to the rule and someone may be more sensitive to spirits than others so any 'newbie' dealing with entities should tread with caution.  It's a myth that entities cannot tangibly attack you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users