Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Girl,9, in Halloween costume shot by relative

Still Waters

A nine-year-old girl was accidentally shot outside a home during a Halloween party by a relative who thought she was a skunk.

The child was over a hillside and wearing a black dress and a black hat with a white tassel, according to police in western Pennsylvania.

Chief Ronald Leindecker says a male relative mistook her for a skunk and fired a shotgun, hitting her in the shoulder on Saturday night.

http://www.dailymail...aken-SKUNK.html

• Like 1

How in the hell do you mistake a child for a shunk? You look before you shoot dumbass.

• Like 2

"Had not been drinking" my eyeball. Must have been freebasing then.

The last skunk I saw probably only weighted 5 pounds or so. How do you mistake a child for one?

The last skunk I saw probably only weighted 5 pounds or so. How do you mistake a child for one?

First, Wolfknight is correct - you POSITIVELY- I D anything you are about to pull a trigger on. But the guy isn't as guilty as it sounds...just broke the rule.

"The child was over a hillside and wearing a black dress and a black hat with a white tassel, according to police in western Pennsylvania."

If he'd had a problem with skunks and was expecting to see one then seeing her just over the crest of a hill, I can see how he could make the mistake....THAT is why you always positively ID what you are about to KILL... Some folks don't need to have guns around.

Edited by and then

I don't think I wanna meet the skunk that is the size of a 9 year old girl. :cry:

Why was he shooting a skunk that far away anyway? Are they good eating or what?

This guy needs to go back to the meth lab and stay indoors.