Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

Did man and dinosaur co-exist?

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

#301    Swede

Swede

Poltergeist

• 2,382 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

View PostHarte, on 25 November 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

Your deft use of the language was a siren call to the darker aspects of my persona.  Unable to eschew a cheap chuckle, I saw perfection and had to rain ridicule down upon it.

If one defers from ridiculing perfection, one makes the tacit statement that one is less than said ideal.

IOW, you seemed to be gettin a mite high-falutin,' even uppity, in yer comment.

No blog necessary, BTW.  Well, okay, maybe just some pics.

Harte

Couldst thou but witness the effusive mirth emanating from my humble countenance. Your wry wit doth always bring joy to the cockles of my heart.

Out of respect for the sensibilities of the public, pictorial documentation will advisedly be deferred.

We now return to the regularly scheduled dialectic.

Swede

#302    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,806 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostHarte, on 25 November 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

Your deft use of the language was a siren call to the darker aspects of my persona.  Unable to eschew a cheap chuckle, I saw perfection and had to rain ridicule down upon it.

If one defers from ridiculing perfection, one makes the tacit statement that one is less than said ideal.

IOW, you seemed to be gettin a mite high-falutin,' even uppity, in yer comment.

No blog necessary, BTW.  Well, okay, maybe just some pics.

Harte

Cut it out Harte. Swede is a scientist .  His "deft use of the language"   is to be expected and appreciated , not ridiculed.   His linguistic  communicative propensities were displayed from birth, upon which when the Dr. announced,  "  It's a boy!  "  Swede interjected....   ahem!,  infantile male H. sapiens sapiens.

:)

Edited by lightly, 25 November 2012 - 04:09 PM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#303    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,529 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

View Postlightly, on 25 November 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

Cut it out Harte. Swede is a scientist .  His "deft use of the language"   is to be expected and appreciated , not ridiculed.   His linguistic propensities were displayed from birth, upon which when the Dr. announced,  "  It's a boy!  "  Swede interjected....   ahem!,  infantile male H. sapiens sapiens.

:)

And then cut his own umbilical cord, took a shower and shaved.  :w00t:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#304    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

View PostSwede, on 23 November 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

Re: Bolded #1 - But that is the point. Numerous representatives of pre-H.s.s. lineages have been recovered and analyzed. Extensively.

Re: Bolded #2 - You have "read a lot about the general commentaries on so called hominid fossils"? In what references? Have you actually studied the technical reports? Do you have any formal training/experience in faunal analysis that would allow you to provide credible interpretation of an osteological recovery? Are you truly aware of all the subtleties of such aspects as bio-mechanics that are involved in such evaluations as locomotive capability/manner?

Extinct chimp fossils are erraneously heralded as hominid fossils.

#305    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 28 November 2012 - 07:31 AM, said:

Posted Image

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#306    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• 1,145 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 28 November 2012 - 07:31 AM, said:

Utter nonsense is erroneously heralded as facts.

#307    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

View PostClobhair-cean, on 28 November 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

Exactly my point

#308    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• 1,145 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

The difference is that you are claiming, from a position of ignorance, that the opinions of all the trained experts in the world are false because you and a bunch of ideologically motivated lunatics on the internet say so.

Edited by Clobhair-cean, 28 November 2012 - 02:22 PM.

#309    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,966 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostClobhair-cean, on 28 November 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

"Erroneously" is erroneously spelled as "erraneously."

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#310    Cobalt60

Cobalt60

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

• "The Love-Song of J.Alfred Prufrock", by T.S.Eliot

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Yes. I not only believe such is possible, but that's how it was. All the stories and legends and such concerning dragons? That's what they were: dinosaurs.

#311    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• 1,145 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

View PostCobalt60, on 29 November 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

Yes. I not only believe such is possible, but that's how it was. All the stories and legends and such concerning dragons? That's what they were: dinosaurs.

Can you propose any way in which dinosaurs could have survived K-T and lived up to relatively modern days without leaving any physical trace behind and only to appear in works of fiction?

#312    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostCobalt60, on 29 November 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

Does that mean that if I believe hard enough, God will send me a magic unicorn that S hits gold turds that I can melt down and sell as bullion?  I sure hope so, because I could use the money right now.

Believing something doesn't make it true.  Something ACTUALLY happening is the basis for truth.  When things ACTUALLY happen they leave behind this little thing called evidence.  There is no evidence that non-avian dinosauria survived the K-T event, making it EXTREMELY unlikely to have occurred.

#313    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,529 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 01 December 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

Does that mean that if I believe hard enough, God will send me a magic unicorn that S hits gold turds that I can melt down and sell as bullion?  I sure hope so, because I could use the money right now.

Believing something doesn't make it true.  Something ACTUALLY happening is the basis for truth.  When things ACTUALLY happen they leave behind this little thing called evidence.  There is no evidence that non-avian dinosauria survived the K-T event, making it EXTREMELY unlikely to have occurred.

While your main point here is correct, there IS evidence that some lines of dinosaurs lived up to 300,000 years after the K-T event. Still a long way from then til now. :tu:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#314    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 01 December 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

While your main point here is correct, there IS evidence that some lines of dinosaurs lived up to 300,000 years after the K-T event. Still a long way from then til now. :tu:

cormac

You are correct.  I should have been more clear.  I meant survived into modern times. Thanks for the clarification.

#315    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• 1,145 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 01 December 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

cormac

Like ducks. I heard they are still around :)

But yeah, the survival of non-avian dinosaurs for a geologically short period of time is perfectly fine. It's not like they all dropped dead exactly 64 million years ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users