Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientist sues NASA over alien life on Mars

UM-Bot

Rhawn Joseph is taking legal action on the basis that NASA isn't doing enough to investigate alien life.

The author and researcher has filed the unusual lawsuit because he doesn't believe that NASA is doing everything possible to investigate potential signs of extraterrestrial life on Mars.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...en-life-on-mars

• Like 1

Good luck to him. Does he know the NEXT rover will look for life and aim tyo send rocks back?

NASA's Next Mars Rover Will Search for Signs of Life

"NASA's next Mars rover should hunt for signs of past Red Planet life and collect samples for eventual return to Earth, a team of mission planners has determined.

http://www.space.com/21901-nasa-mars-rover-2020-life-signs.html

That may be so, but his point are absolutely legitimate and something I'm sure every one of us are wondering. They say this rock has baffled them, and we are to believe they didn't use the rover to investigate it further? They either did and won't release the stuff, or didn't and well, if they didn't, I don't know how they call themselves scientists.

Bizarre sums it up perfectly.

• Like 4

Author and Researcher. Let me guess - he has a new book coming out soon...

• Like 9

Science is, or should be, about investigation. So when a rock "materializes" in a photo that wasn't in the frame before, why assume that it was just kicked off the tires of the rover? That may be the most plausible explanation, but the rock itself is quite different from the surrounding area and that alone should make them at least curious.

• Like 3

Seeder is right. NASA has been intimately investigatiing this rock, given the types of instruments available on that rover.

• Like 2

Oh come on now. You don't expect them to investigate something that will reveal they are actually filming all of this in the Mojave Desert, do you?

• Like 3

Quote fdrom OP link....

Joseph's main argument centers around the recent photographs taken by the Opportunity rover that show a strange rock appearing on the ground between shots. At the time, NASA scientists concluded that the rock had been kicked in to frame by the rover's wheels, but Joseph maintains that there is something more to it and believes NASA should have conducted a more thorough investigation.

"The refusal to take close up photos from various angles... to take microscopic images of the specimen... to release high resolution photos, is inexplicable, recklessly negligent, and bizarre," he wrote.

So I might be able to rearrange the quote to make more sense....

Joseph's main argument is inexplicable, recklessly negligent, and bizarre.

• Like 3

Not sure where Mr Joseph wants to go with it. Suing NASA is basically suing the United States governement. He will not to to spend a great deal to prove his point, without any guarantee that it will succeed.

NASA seems to me to be doing a great job with it's Mars rover missions. With the time spent and the money invested in these project it is ridiculous to think that the scientists and ingeneer at NASA doesn't make enough to find life..

• Like 2

This is all very exiting, and it is a proof that NASA does not censor their photographs.

If they were, the photographs would never have been released in the first place.

But suing NASA for not doing something, is pretty stupid, when it is shown that they are in fact studying the rock.

It is just wasting everybodys time :no:

• Like 2

Oh come on now. You don't expect them to investigate something that will reveal they are actually filming all of this in the Mojave Desert, do you?

If you believe that, you can use Google Earth to look for it.

This is all very exiting, and it is a proof that NASA does not censor their photographs.

If they were, the photographs would never have been released in the first place.

But suing NASA for not doing something, is pretty stupid, when it is shown that they are in fact studying the rock.

It is just wasting everybodys time :no:

Somebody forgot to take his meds as as mentioned earlier, he may have a new book coming out and wants the publicity. If our court system doesn't just laugh him right out of court, we need a new system.

• Like 1

And we're back to the rock. Maybe later I'll sue NASA for not doing the things " I " want them to do.

Edited by mesuma

I agree with this scientist. that's our tax dollars they use to build the equipment and send it too mars. we shouldn't be left in the dark when they find something significant. I'm sure they studied the rock but that doesn't mean that were ever gonna find out if it is real and if they find life i doubt they will tell us.

• Like 2

What possible reason would NASA have for concealing the biggest discovery by humans since, I don't know, fire maybe?

• Like 4

Quote fdrom OP link....

So I might be able to rearrange the quote to make more sense....

Joseph's main argument is inexplicable, recklessly negligent, and bizarre.

I guess he's suing them because they're doing what he thinks they should do by investigating the rock? Makes sense....

What possible reason would NASA have for concealing the biggest discovery by humans since, I don't know, fire maybe?

Because, ZOMG!! Sheeple!!! UFO's!!! WAKE UP!!

• Like 2

Well in this case nasa has done much more than others. I applaud the initiative though. It is citizens money after-all from taxes. Nasa has totally disregarded and far to be curious running away from the following enigma resuming to guessing and presumptions only;

post-141791-0-80201200-1391055047_thumb.

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 2

Well in this case nasa has done much more than others. I applaud the initiative though. It is citizens money after-all from taxes. Nasa has totally disregarded and far to be curious running away from the following enigma resuming to guessing and presumptions only;

Yeah and if he win it will be citizen money he collects. Ridiculous

We should make a list of the top 10 most ridiculous lawsuits ever. This one should be included.

• Like 3

You just were in the mood again to write something extraneous, right? Feel free to open a thread in the CT section and be prepared

to get eaten there.

• Like 2