Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

The Fourth Amendment?

boston

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,295 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

I understand the Boston Marathon bombings caused some serious panic, and rightfully so.

But, I'm wondering if the Fourth Amendment was trampled on, ignored, or actually kept in place during the manhunt.

If it was ignored, was it justified?

http://www.businessi...n-boston-2013-4

http://ohsnapski.wor...urth-amendment/

What would have happened if you didn't comply with a search request?

Honestly, is the constitution that easily bended?

#2    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

Here's a news story and video that shows some pretty ham handed tactics. Looks like it took 12 guys to do a house and then pat them all down. Is it really necessary to roust everyone out of their homes just because of one wounded kid with limited ammo? Didn't they have a picture of the suspect? Why the unnecessary aggressive approach against everyone?

Edited by redhen, 24 April 2013 - 12:59 AM.

#3    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:59 AM

View Postsupervike, on 24 April 2013 - 12:49 AM, said:

I understand the Boston Marathon bombings caused some serious panic, and rightfully so.

But, I'm wondering if the Fourth Amendment was trampled on, ignored, or actually kept in place during the manhunt.

If it was ignored, was it justified?

http://www.businessi...n-boston-2013-4

http://ohsnapski.wor...urth-amendment/

Honestly, is the constitution that easily bended?

Thanks for starting this thread.  I was going to do one myself.

This is beyond the pale of what is acceptable.  Although you have to remember that it happened in the liberal paradise known as massachusetts.  I wonder what it might have looked like if they tried this tactic in a more...red area of the country.  An area that has ...balls.

#4    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

To force people from their homes by gunpoint, is something our forefathers would have railed against. This is completely against the constitution and everything it stands for!

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,969 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

My guess is that had someone stood on their rights they would have been bulldozed.  Possibly even shot for resisting.  I think THAT is where we are today.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#6    ROGER

ROGER

Government Agent

• 3,456 posts

• Sticks and stone didnt break my bone,
    But old age is starting to Hurt me!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

Fear makes people do illrathonal thing's . :unsure2:

The world can't end in 2012, I have a yogurt that expires in 2013.

#7    iNvRG

iNvRG

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:57 AM

A copy and paste what I posted on a liveleak thread. It's not a violation when you allow entrance which most of these fools did. Now if someone opened a window and talked to the soldiers and they demanded they get access and break down the door then it's absolutely a violation and the homeowners deserve compensation and the soldiers deserve disciplinary actions.

Edited by iNvRG, 24 April 2013 - 05:58 AM.

"We as humans believe in a superior being because we as humans can not comprehend the magnitude of our own existence"

#8    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,485 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

View PostKowalski, on 24 April 2013 - 01:22 AM, said:

To force people from their homes by gunpoint, is something our forefathers would have railed against. This is completely against the constitution and everything it stands for!
unles they were Injuns!

#9    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,969 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 24 April 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

unles they were Injuns!
Indigenous peoples always are a bother aren't they? :)

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#10    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,007 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

Keep in mind Supervike, that the 4th was effectively nullified by the Patriot Act, at the sacrificial altar of the Global War On Terror.  People have been conditioned for more than 10 years now to think that the government can do as it pleases as long as "terror" is invoked.

That is the philosophical psychological conditioning, brainwashing, propaganda.

Where the "rubber meets the road" part of that effort happened in Boston.  Not just talking about it, the state ACTUALLY, and for the first time I think, went around and systematically violated both the spirit and the letter of the 4th.

As Kissinger said way back when, "the illegal we can do right now, the unconstitutional takes longer"

It is a conditioning process, step by step.

Sad situation for this country.

#11    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,465 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

View Postsupervike, on 24 April 2013 - 12:49 AM, said:

Nothing. I know the family of a couple of people that live within a block of where the police say the guy was found in the boat. The people that live in the area were asked if they minded if the police or military could come in and look around. Some freely let them in and others did not. The ones that didn't were asked a few questions and then left alone.

I don't know what the circumstances were in that video where the FBI made everyone come out with their hands up, but it certainly wasn't the norm.

#12    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,945 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

Yeah I heard those going door to door were polite and always asked permission to search a house. That there were only a few cases of them being more forceful due to tips or some kind of connections to the case.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#13    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,126 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

Some of my like minded compatriots might disagree but given the circumstances what other options did the FBI have to try and catch him fast? If he was being sheltered and this search didn't take place how long if ever before they caught him. Also, they lifted the lockdown before they knew where he was, IIRC. So they didn't overstay their welcome either. It all seemed reasonable. I was ready to be concerned if it lasted more than one day though.

Posted Image

#14    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,295 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

View PostMichelle, on 24 April 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

Nothing. I know the family of a couple of people that live within a block of where the police say the guy was found in the boat. The people that live in the area were asked if they minded if the police or military could come in and look around. Some freely let them in and others did not. The ones that didn't were asked a few questions and then left alone.

I don't know what the circumstances were in that video where the FBI made everyone come out with their hands up, but it certainly wasn't the norm.

Thank you, that is exactly what I was after.  Appreciate the reply.

#15    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,007 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Yes, as long as the authorities are polite when ignoring the Bill Of Rights, everything is just fine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users