Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

N.W.O in our children's schools

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 4,563 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

The school systems should leave politics out of the class room for much the same reason that religion should be left out of the class room (unless of course you are taking a course in Politics or Religion)...

They can teach Government, and Civics, and how political processes work (or should work)... but should never get onto the slippery slope of actual politics...

The school administrator at that school should be notified of what the teacher is doing/saying...

#17    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,683 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Ideally, comunism is a great way to run the country.  In reality it is the worst way to run a country.  Humans are naturally too corrupt and greedy to actually put it into practice and follow.  Someone would always want more and work out a way to take it.  Some would be too lazy and think they would be still thinking they should get their share.  We already have these problems, but they would be hugely exagerated in a communistic country- NV, Russia.... already shows us it doesn't work.  If this was taught in history I would understand the teacher teaching it and praising as an ideal that does not work.

Edited by glorybebe, 07 February 2013 - 04:35 PM.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#18    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

It's amazing to me what is being taught in schools. This is why I've enlisted my children in Charter Schools of which I've carefully reviewed their doctrines, curriculum and even their disciplinary guidelines. Also, you'd better believe the government knows exactly what it's doing by implementing the "Steal a Generation" tactic on our children. They've done it multiple times in the past and many different generations.

#19    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,918 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 07 February 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Thats fine if you are a catholic or jew, it means you send them to those schools knowing they will teach your children about that faith. I doubt they will be promoting judism in a catholic school.
I do not disagree with teaching children about history or other cultures around the world, but to tell them it is a good thing is another story.

Well while not promoting it the Catholic school that I went to had a year where they taught about various other religions.

As for the OP itself as others have said there doesn't seem to be enough information for full outrage. It could be that that day they were learning about the conspect of communism. I seem to recall learning about it when I was in school. And the reason why the teacher told your daughter to take notes is most likely due to there being a test in the future. Can't study if you don't have notes. Now on the issue of promoting communism as others have said it could have been dealing with the theory of communism rather than the actual practice. Or maybe the teacher just had a personal bias. I'm sure we've all had our share of those.

In either case I highly doubt there's any kind of NWO involvement, since I wouldn't think they'd like communism that much what with the destruction of classes and the free sharing of wealth and all. And even if they are for communism that they screwed up the Cold War seems to suggest that the NWO are run by morons that we don't need to worry about. :P

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#20    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• 1,248 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 07 February 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

The Ferengi are annoying. :td:

Rule of Acquisition # 325:  It'll cost you one strip of latinum for any insult.

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#21    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,415 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 07 February 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

It's amazing to me what is being taught in schools. This is why I've enlisted my children in Charter Schools of which I've carefully reviewed their doctrines, curriculum and even their disciplinary guidelines. Also, you'd better believe the government knows exactly what it's doing by implementing the "Steal a Generation" tactic on our children. They've done it multiple times in the past and many different generations.

So which generations have they successfully stolen?

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#22    puckmomma

puckmomma

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

The Problem that I have with this is that we live in free society governed by our constitution of the United States, to me anything to the contrary is just plain un-American. Not to mention these are little kids who a 13 and 14 years of age. Their brains are so pliable and formable and instead of teaching them about history They're shoving NWO and communism down  their throats.
Which begs me to ask why?

Is it so that when these kids grow up and there is a vote to rid our constitution or make a one world government these adults will say "it not that bad...because in 8th grade my teacher explained all the benefits of communism on the community" So I will vote for it...." Because if they are teaching it it must be true."

And that's why I'm upset. What about you guys!

Not to mention that according to religion the one government and currency is supposed to usher in the "end of days" but that is for another forum entirely and that's my fear. These kids are too little to understand what the bigger picture is and unfortunately most are easily persuaded into thinking the same way as everyone else.

#23    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,415 posts

Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

One lecture informing students of other view points different from what you approve of does not convince me it's "shoving NWO and communism down their throats." If you'd rather your daughter be ignorant of everything but what you think children should learn, then that's your choice but that's what's wrong here. You believe that learning about anything that YOU have deemed unAmerican to be evil. Have you ever stopped to consider that a lot of the history taught is wrong? Have you ever heard the phrase that history is written by the victors? I assume then that you are perfectly accepting of whatever Europeans did to the Native Americans already living here when they invaded this country. You wouldn't bother listening to any other side of the story because it's UNamerican.

Edited by Lady Kasey, 07 February 2013 - 07:33 PM.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#24    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Knight of Sarcasm

• 8,740 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 07 February 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

The Ferengi are annoying. :td:
If you watch the first season of The Next Generation, and once you get past the "comedy" (and I use that term lightly) the Ferengi are presented as an outright threat the the Enterprise. Basically one Ferengi ship is more then a match for the Flag of the Federation Fleet.
The Klingons actively hate the Ferengi (mind you, they hate a lot of things, but Ferengi seem to be in for a certain amount of "they're worthy of our hate and we will sing mighty songs of their deaths. We just want you lot dead" in relation to the Ferengi). The Ferengi aren't members of the Federation, and yet noone's has attacked them. Not the Klingons. Not the Romulans. Not the Dominion.
That suggests that they're of the "Are you insulted by our offer? Well here's a BFG to make you reconsider attacking us" mindset.
One of the Rules of Acquisition must be "Always carry a stick bigger then your purse".

#25    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,415 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

They're still ugly little blighters. :P

#26    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,918 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

View Postpuckmomma, on 07 February 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

The Problem that I have with this is that we live in free society governed by our constitution of the United States, to me anything to the contrary is just plain un-American. Not to mention these are little kids who a 13 and 14 years of age. Their brains are so pliable and formable and instead of teaching them about history They're shoving NWO and communism down  their throats.
Which begs me to ask why?

Is it so that when these kids grow up and there is a vote to rid our constitution or make a one world government these adults will say "it not that bad...because in 8th grade my teacher explained all the benefits of communism on the community" So I will vote for it...." Because if they are teaching it it must be true."

And that's why I'm upset. What about you guys!

Not to mention that according to religion the one government and currency is supposed to usher in the "end of days" but that is for another forum entirely and that's my fear. These kids are too little to understand what the bigger picture is and unfortunately most are easily persuaded into thinking the same way as everyone else.

1) If America is a free society then the teaching of other viewpoints should be encouraged, not condemned.

2) One lesson about the aspects of communism does not mean it's being shoved down throats of children, nor is it any sign that the NWO is involved or even exists at all.

3) We're a long way away from one world government so I don't see it happening in the next generation. And given how enraged some Americans get at the very mention of reforming the Constitution I don't see it being banned either.

4) We had a grade 8 teacher who told us to pray for good weather. Know what we do now? Laugh at the idea. And single class is not going to completely warp a child's worldview.

5) Revolations is one book of one sect of one religion in the world and is interpreted many different ways. If one day we do have one currency or one government it doesn't mean the ground is going to open up.

Basically you've overracting. Just because kids learn about communism in one lesson doesn't mean they're going to suddenly hate America all their lives. If it bothers you so much then talk to the teacher in question at the next parent-teacher interview (they still have those right?). Or complain to the school. Hell ask for a copy of the presentation so you can see it for yourself and draw your own conclusions. But seeing plots and secret societies and the end of days because some teacher likes the idea of communism is not productive at all.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#27    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,135 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

I think without more information, there shouldn't be any flaking out. The OP has been back and didn't expand on her opening bit other than a bit of general ranting.

So, to the OP, again... Can you give us a LOT more information about the circumstances? There is so much information missing here. I have a billion questions, but I will try to hold off till after the OP posts up a much more informational account of what happened.
I suppose a couple basic questions can't hurt...
What does Social Science class mean in your daughters school? Whats the broad curriculum? Social Science is a pretty big umbrella.
Is your daughter in a school that has seen a gathering up or expansion in classes?
Is this the first time this presentation has been given?
Was kind of TA is it? Student, or degreed and working of full teacher action, or what?
Was the teacher actively in the room while the presentation was going on?
What struck your daughter as so wrong with the presentation that she chose to speak up to you?
Did any of her classmates find the presentation odd... or take notes on it?

Hey, ya never know folks.. This could be an odd off teaching flake out thing, it's happened before. Like homework with questions couched in rather inappropriate or offensive manners. Or a teacher ranting on about some rather touchy subjects in really bad ways. But this whole thing could also be a whole lot of other things too.

#28    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,339 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

much what with the destruction of classes and the free sharing of wealth and all.

only the minions have to share their wealth and live in poverty, the rest get to live in style with wealth and power over us slaves...erm free people :)

#29    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Raindrop Dude

• 1,297 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

puckmomma and others... the first thing you should teach your own children is to trust first and foremost yourselves, and after that to others. If you dont follow your own way you're a bloody fool.

I'm just dancing, 'till dropping...

#30    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• 1,248 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

View PostMikko-kun, on 08 February 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

puckmomma and others... the first thing you should teach your own children is to trust first and foremost yourselves, and after that to others. If you dont follow your own way you're a bloody fool.

I don't know about that.  Our kids (a certain percentage of them) don't understand that actions have consequences.  They think they can fly free, and they think they know more than the adults in their lives.

One's reality is another's nightmare.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users