Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

2012 is not a great prediction

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    readyfor2013

readyfor2013

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:42 PM

2012 is fake!
stop worrying.
the mayans were still making calenders
and 2012 was the last year before
a tribe came and wiped out the whole tribe.
im 13 and i was worrying about
this so i did alot of research on this.
yes i worry about the planets lining up and freezing us.
im very open minded and i dont like it.
but science shows this is a preposterous prediction.
all these theories of doomsday have all been wrong.
why should this be any different?
believe god and trust he will suprise us

#2    danydandan

danydandan

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

• Deus iudex est meus

super omnes familia

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:53 PM

great!
no one cares
There is,nt a sane man woman or child who believe,s the world is gona end soon

"And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

#3    Qoais

Qoais

Government Agent

• 3,268 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:48 AM

Well, if it does, I hope we go with a bang because I don't want to hang around and suffer.

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Intuitive knowledge is knowledge beyond intellectual reasoning.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."

#4    Emmanuel4444

Emmanuel4444

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:19 AM

i dont know! about this.. but hey at least I graduate high schooool before dying (if its true)... oh yes.. i graduate in may 2012..

Houston Dynamo Rules!

#5    Eyesees

Eyesees

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:41 AM

Just imagine 2012 was predicted how the world would be like but were they able to predict the details that are currently seen right now? If 2012 is true and accurate, they must be able to predict also the entire status of the world economy.

And if they could, I believe a lot of clairvoyants would be paid or hired by a lot of businessmen so they could make more profits than usual

4a. Shouting: Do not write in all uppercase letters, writing in this manner is considered "shouting" and makes posts difficult to read as well as looking unsightly and being annoying to other visitors.

Edited by Superman, 11 November 2009 - 03:38 AM.
Capslock is not cruise control for cool..

#6    Dropa

Dropa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

• We are here and it is now. Further than that all human knowledge is moonshine. ~H.L. Mencken

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:46 AM

Of course the idea that the Mayan calendar ending in 2012 portends the end of the world is ludicrous. No reason to worry.

#7    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:04 AM

View PostDropa, on 11 November 2009 - 04:46 AM, said:

Of course the idea that the Mayan calendar ending in 2012 portends the end of the world is ludicrous. No reason to worry.

Besides the calculations are 200 years off.....

Edited by TheSearcher, 12 November 2009 - 07:36 AM.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#8    Psyrkus

Psyrkus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:23 PM

Hey people! My first post!

Anyway, 2012 is just a movie as far as I am concerned. My desk calendar ends December 2009 - Oh no!! That means I'll just have to go and buy myself a new one!

The mayans knew a lot more than what we know today... I believe... and that's as far as my beliefs go.

#9    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,429 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:02 PM

View Postreadyfor2013, on 10 November 2009 - 11:42 PM, said:

im 13 and i was worrying about
this so i did alot of research on this.

Good for you.

yes i worry about the planets lining up and freezing us.

Not going to happen, don't worry.

but science shows this is a preposterous prediction.
all these theories of doomsday have all been wrong.
why should this be any different?

It shouldn't and it won't, but its nothing to do with science my dear, its idiots on the internet making money.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#10    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:01 PM

of course not. its all based off sitchins BS mistranslations, conjecture and lack of education.

the truth is out there....

#11    Ra_Sun-God

Ra_Sun-God

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:33 PM

I don't think it would be the end:

About 25 or 26 minuttes in this video interview with Robert O. Dean (who had Cosmic Top Secret Clearance) Robert mention about that the World War III is so close in the year 2012, but the ET's interfere and avoid it. The ET's will put humans arround there and there and there to avoid any conflicts between humans.

In the 1960'ies the UFOs shut down nuclear warheads.

Twice i have been asked this question: >>Then why did the aliens not stop the atomic bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima during World War II?<<, so i will of course repeat my answer to that:

My theory are as follow:

1) The ET's were not aware of the atomic bombs, so they got surprised, or

2) The ET's were aware of it, but they let the Americans bomb Nakasaki and Hiroshima, because if the ET's disabled the Atomic bombs then the Japanese may not had surrender, and World War II would possibly had continued for a much longer time, or

3) The ET's were aware of it, but they would see the effect of the atomic bomb before avoiding any future World War III, or

4) A combination of 2) and 3)

That's how i see it.

Interview with Inca Indians about 2012

But then there is bull like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz86TsGx3fc 2012 Movie (trailer), that i think is bull

#12    jules99

jules99

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:28 PM

With the Mayan prophesy remember Y2K was good for business also. People went out and unnecessarily bought new computers, some even filled their cellars with food to prepare for the worst.
Despite the fact that the actual calendar correlation date has been shown to be 200yrs out the hype still continues and why???because its big business and people are making a lot of money out of it, while thats happening it isnt going to stop.
I wonder if a dates been fixed for the next end of the world after 2012 has been and gone? any suggestions?

#13    tinieblas

tinieblas

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 349 posts

• just because a million people believe in a stupid thing, doesn't stop it being a stupid thing

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:11 AM

To me 2012 will be about Revelation (as I've said on various fora related to 2012 and been ignored because it's either complete distruction or nothing!); that's what apocalypse means (from the Greek: Ἀποκάλυψις Apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or "revelation" not the commonly accepted malapropism pushed by Hollywood) a revelation or awareness of something previously unseen.  I think it will be aliens (first contact) or the supernatural (so-called demons or ghosts/spirits) which will be revealed to us and remove doubts of their existance....an awakening for human beings to the fact that there's more out there than most are prepared to admit.

Not end of the world per se but end of the world as we know it   just like Nostrodamus said (he never said it would be the end of the world at all, that's sensationalism at it's best, read the book and you'll see).......again, not end of the world, rather end of an Age or Era; just like the Mayan calendar indicates;  the 4th Age.

Open Minded Seeker of the Possible
"there are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamed of in your philosophy, Horatio" - Hamlet
"science is a tool with which to measure, not a rule[r] with which to strike the supposedly ignorant" - source unknown
"the fact that a million people beleive in a stupid thing does not stop it from being a stupid thing" - Anon

#14    tinieblas

tinieblas

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 349 posts

• just because a million people believe in a stupid thing, doesn't stop it being a stupid thing

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:16 AM

View PostEyesees, on 11 November 2009 - 02:41 AM, said:

Just imagine 2012 was predicted how the world would be like but were they able to predict the details that are currently seen right now? If 2012 is true and accurate, they must be able to predict also the entire status of the world economy.

And if they could, I believe a lot of clairvoyants would be paid or hired by a lot of businessmen so they could make more profits than usual

You can see the future but you cannot change it, it does not work that way.  I'm not personally a clairvoyant but such a talent is a curse because all you can do is advise....that's why most clairvoyants will not tell you of your impending death, even if they see it, because most human beings are not equipped to deal with such things.

Open Minded Seeker of the Possible
"there are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamed of in your philosophy, Horatio" - Hamlet
"science is a tool with which to measure, not a rule[r] with which to strike the supposedly ignorant" - source unknown
"the fact that a million people beleive in a stupid thing does not stop it from being a stupid thing" - Anon

#15    A7X Vampyre 6661

A7X Vampyre 6661

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• And when I can, I'm gonna build a castle that touches the clouds, NOT to get closer to God, but to get further from ya'll.

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:55 PM

View PostEyesees, on 11 November 2009 - 02:41 AM, said:

If 2012 is true and accurate, they must be able to predict also the entire status of the world economy.

The economy is a man made system. Predictions in the economy are easier to follow and easier to make because it is man that made it, and man that makes the predictions. the earth on the other hand was made by the big bang, aka the scattering of matter and energy through our universe that in the "expanding universe" theory is still exploding outwards and creating more and more universe. you can't predict natural disasters. the closest thing we can do to predicting the end of the world is if our satellites pick up information on a meteor or large comet coming towards the earth. That's about as far as predicting the end of the world goes.

We held hands on the last night on earth.  Our mouths filled with dust, we kissed in the fields and under trees, screaming like dogs, bleeding dark into the leaves.  It was empty on the edge of town but we knew everyone floated along the bottom of the river.  So we walked through the waste where the road curved into the sea and the shattered seasons lay, and the bitter smell of burning was on you like a disease.  In our cancer of passion you said,

"Death is a midnight runner."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users