Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What we are not

markdohle

What we are not

Humility is not about self loathing, but about seeing the truth, embracing it and not sinking into self hatred and despair. Perhaps that is the greatest obstacle, for it is easy to fall into those traps. The call to dying to self is more about that, than overcoming anyone ‘thing’ in ones life. Often our self destructive habits are based on this self loathing than on anything else. It takes courage to stand up to the inner mob that wants to keep us back and to simply say “I don’t believe you”. We are not our thoughts and certainly not or emotions and feelings. They come and go and can become habits of relating to life that only increase our bondage and suffering. To have them and not believe is difficult but the death to that imprisoned self only leads to an ever deeper and expanding freedom.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markdohle

• libstaK

• StarMountainKid

• Mr_Snstr

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't got anything to say to that except - that was beautifully put and illuminating. :tu:

I haven't got anything to say to that except - that was beautifully put and illuminating. :tu:

Thank you my friend, it is a lesson I have to learn over and over again.....slow learner here :passifier:

Peace

Mark

Nicely said, markdole. I remember a famous Ch'an Master in China (don't remember his name right now) who, upon waking every morning, admonished himself by saying, "wake up ___! Become sober!".

So I would think everyone is likely slow learner and has to remind him-/herself to the wisdom you have stated.

This little video may be relevant to this Topic:

Nicely said, markdole. I remember a famous Ch'an Master in China (don't remember his name right now) who, upon waking every morning, admonished himself by saying, "wake up ___! Become sober!".

So I would think everyone is likely slow learner and has to remind him-/herself to the wisdom you have stated.

:tu: I like that, may use it when things get intense.

Peace

Mark

Are you familiar with Jung's thoughts on the concept of the shadow? It's sort of in line with your post. You may find it an interesting read if you haven't already.

Wikipedia - Shadow(psychology)

Yes I am, but always looking for further thoughts on the matter, thanks!

Peace

Mark

Thank you my friend, it is a lesson I have to learn over and over again.....slow learner here :passifier:

Peace

Mark

Me too :w00t: . Anyone who doesn't believe the mind is filled with absurd thoughts has never tried to observe it IMO. All it takes is a fave habit or fascination and bingo, half an hour or a day later you're wondering "how did I get here" I was perfectly serene and now I'm deep in stuff I didn't see coming any which way. *sigh* it's a life's work I guess.

This little video may be relevant to this Topic:

StarMountainKid, you have a gift - you always find the most poignant vids - I loved that. I really should expose myself to more poetry I think.:yes: