Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Meet a Muslim Person

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,883 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:24 AM

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#2    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:27 AM

I respect what these guys are doing, some of my closest friends where Muslim (coming from a family that was rather racist, Pretty much disowned em myself). I met many cultures going through colleges and alot of my closest college and current friends are of varying religion at the end of the day, we all bleed red, and where all human.

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,902 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:36 AM

That last guy, the ex army who was clearly racist and downright nasty - made me really sad.  However, he was one lone pond scum in a sea of warm and caring humanity who took the time to shake their hands and reach out.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:18 AM

Loved the parts where it was just people saying hi to each other, we should be able to do that without holding signs, glad they did it anyways.

The confrontation at the end kind of spoiled it but no way it was well worth it. Should have let the veteran keep going, maybe he has PTSD or something.

#5    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

So what is next?
Meet a Nazi person?
Meet a Pol-Potist person?
Meet an Aum-Shinrikyo believer?

In all virulent ideologies, most of nominal followers are are just ordinary people.
The problem is the ideology.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#6    Jesus Loves Us

Jesus Loves Us

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• 6' 2", Amazon queen.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:06 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 28 June 2013 - 04:36 AM, said:

That last guy, the ex army who was clearly racist and downright nasty - made me really sad.  However, he was one lone pond scum in a sea of warm and caring humanity who took the time to shake their hands and reach out.
I've met some very hostile Iranian muslims. Some muslims tried to kill my mom and a Jewish friend. You'd have different view if it happened to you.

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,965 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 28 June 2013 - 05:41 AM, said:

So what is next?
Meet a Nazi person?
Meet a Pol-Potist person?
Meet an Aum-Shinrikyo believer?

In all virulent ideologies, most of nominal followers are are just ordinary people.
The problem is the ideology.
Those who confuse this issue to be a choice between hating everyone who wears the label of Islam and shunning and fighting against the ones who TRULY adhere to the teachings of the Qur'an regarding infidels are so deluded that there really isn't any hope for them.  Islam means submission.  The same people who grow angry at me for calling Islam a religious political system of subjugation will be the first to scream if their freedoms are taken from them.  It's a strange disconnect that I really cannot grasp.  My litmus test is simple.  If you feel the need to FORCE me to believe the same as you in my faith then you are an aggressor.  I will resist you.  Now that should be a sentiment everyone here can grasp and even be comfortable with.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#8    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,918 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

I wonder how many present there in the video had have themselves or one or more of their family or relatives and friends killed or had survived an attack at one time or another in their life

`

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#9    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

View Postand then, on 28 June 2013 - 06:08 AM, said:

Those who confuse this issue to be a choice between hating everyone who wears the label of Islam and shunning and fighting against the ones who TRULY adhere to the teachings of the Qur'an regarding infidels are so deluded that there really isn't any hope for them.  Islam means submission.  The same people who grow angry at me for calling Islam a religious political system of subjugation will be the first to scream if their freedoms are taken from them.  It's a strange disconnect that I really cannot grasp.  My litmus test is simple.  If you feel the need to FORCE me to believe the same as you in my faith then you are an aggressor.  I will resist you.  Now that should be a sentiment everyone here can grasp and even be comfortable with.

Exactly. Most nominal "muslims" are just ordinary people, just like most members of the Nazi and Bolshevik partys were. The problem is the ideology they subscribe to.

There are plenty of moderate muslims, but islam is not moderate by any definition.

Edited by Zaphod222, 28 June 2013 - 06:21 AM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#10    Jesus Loves Us

Jesus Loves Us

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• 6' 2", Amazon queen.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 28 June 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

I wonder

`
I wonder if they're part of a Sleeper Cell.

#11    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,918 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:21 AM

View Poststop yield, on 28 June 2013 - 06:19 AM, said:

I wonder if they're part of a Sleeper Cell.

I don't have to wonder why you wonder

`

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#12    Jesus Loves Us

Jesus Loves Us

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• 6' 2", Amazon queen.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 28 June 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

I don't have to wonder why you wonder

`
Yeah, you live where? Malaysia? :ph34r:

#13    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• I'm baaaaaack

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

I was seventeen when I met my first muslim.   My mother and I were leaving a small grocery store here in wa. state USA ( an IGA.)  and she got to the entrance/exit door, pulled it open and started to walk through  as she started to walk through a muslim male whom I later found out was a cleric in the brand new temple less than three blocks where I grew up who got to the door just as she started through it Back handed her for not letting him go first. as she hit the ground  I hit him then I hit him again  then I tried to beat him into submission, I fully intended pounding him into a greasy spot on the ground but was pulled off him . It took four adult males to get me off this Cleric, I am glad that I beat him unconscious, I wish I had beaten him to death and I don't give a darn what they says about them, I will hate them forever.  I will treat them the way the law allows/requires me to But give me a legal chance and I would be more than willing to push a little red button that says "give them the gjihad they always ask for" on it ( This incident is another of my numerous reasons for being anti religion )
I have met and worked with many since that time and only one of those whom I actually got to know because I was forced to for whatever reason  was human. The rest were  snarling fanatics with no regard for anyone but those of their own religion ( they seemed to hate each other as much as they hated  all the non muslims around them..
I could give several more stories about  muslims, all bad.  I have no desire to meet another one. In part because everyone is SOOooo afraid to offend one that I don't want to get in trouble for racism and or discrimination
  Edited several times for multiple spelling errors( just thinking about this makes me mad all over again even thou it was the mid seventies when it happened)

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 28 June 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#14    Jesus Loves Us

Jesus Loves Us

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• 6' 2", Amazon queen.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:45 AM

View Postmysticwerewolf, on 28 June 2013 - 06:39 AM, said:

The rest were  snarling fanatics with no regard for anyone but those of their own religion.
I could give several dozen more stories about  muslims, all bad.  I have no desire to meet another one. In part because everyone is SOOooo afraid to offend one that I don't want to get in trouble for racism and or discrimination
You're not alone. I have some horrible experiences with their male ego. It's not racism or discrimination as long as it's true.

#15    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,168 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

Will I get to keep my head?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users