Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Member-to-Member Advice Thread

She-ra

Another member, =Jak= PM'ed me and asked me to start a thread for him and told me his basic idea for the thread. I think this sort of thread could be a big hit and helpful to many members here.

Here is the general premise of =Jak='s idea as he has explained it to me. Since English is not =Jak='s first language I agreed to help him start this thread:

basically thread is general, covers both sides all issues, parental, romance, old age, drugs, demon, church/religion, ritual anything which youth face problem, but feel shy or odd to discuss with their parents. Even senior citizen can tell their issues against youth.

But it won't go with age, even 70 feel youthness.... so its up to them support which side.

basically thread for supporting and to guide each side with their issue.

I think this is a great idea and would love to offer advice and suggestions to fellow member's; as well as having other members offer their own suggestions.

I'm thinking =Jak= was looking for a place for younger members to be able to ask older member's advice and suggestions with regards to love and their love-life, issues and concerns with anything from bullying to religion, to any sort of "problems" they may be facing at the moment that they possibly do not feel comfortable talking with to their parents. This could offer members a safe place to discuss issues in their life and come to terms with how to deal with and solve these issues.

Also, in turn, older members can ask younger members their thoughts and ideas on topics that might need a more youthful approach to looking at...like how to talk to a teenager so that they listen and learn; or is this normal behavior for a teenager; or even is it time to take my teen to see a therapist; and get advice back from younger members. Also, new trends can be discussed, what the *meaning* of these trends are and so on and so on...

This can be a "win-win" for everyone; sharing thoughts and encouragement and ideas about any sort of concern or issue one might be facing in life.

I did cross out one line above (drugs) because I don't think questions about what I *crossed out* is allowed here on the forums but I'm not sure. If it is a question regarding how a drug effects someone or signs to look out for I think that may be allowed. We just cannot speak of drugs in a way not allowed on the forum. I think advice concerning certain medications is okay or how to help you addicted child is okay but not just random talk about drugs or drug use.

So, how does that sound? I will ask a question shortly :) I really hope this turns into a helpful and useful tool for members that need it!

PS: Thank for this wonderful idea =Jak= and thank you for coming to me to start this thread. I am ALL FOR helping others grow and learn in a positive and healthy way. Thank you for thinking of me and having me start this thread for you. I am honored :)

• Like 8

I may not be old in years, but ive a hugely diverse and vaired spectrum of experience,

Ive been involved with youth groups aswell,

I'd love to help

• Like 3

We just cannot speak of drugs in a way not allowed on the forum. I think advice concerning certain medications is okay or how to help you addicted child is okay but not just random talk about drugs or drug use.

Hi She-ra

Unfortunately medical and drug advice has always been a big no-no and will be automatically removed. We recommend that people go see their medical professional.

• Like 5

I may not be old in years, but ive a hugely diverse and vaired spectrum of experience,

Ive been involved with youth groups aswell,

I'd love to help

I was a Youth Group leader too when my kids were very young :)

Edit to revise words

Edited by She-ra
  • Like 1

Hi She-ra

Unfortunately medical and drug advice has always been a big no-no and will be automatically removed. We recommend that people go see their medical professional.

Got it! I knew there was something to that with a rule or something. So I'm glad members can see this now and have it sorted at the beginning. Anything else is cool to discuss though right? My only other concern would be if someone has an issue with addiction. Can that be discussed on here? Thanks sweetie!!

Thanks Shera... I like to be Neutral in this.

• Like 1

I'll set up my desk far over in the furthest corner ~

~

• Like 2

Advice For Modern Youth.

article-0-00663C5F00000258-336_468x461.jpg

"Right you 'orrible little layabout. Stand up straight....Chest out, chin up.....and Get a flamin' haircut!"

• Like 6

I don't think this is a bad idea. I have some questions I would probably ask if I could.

• Like 5

Here I like to stand for youth, it is not necessary everyone should be so uniform in normal life, let them relax with their moves and stand. No need to stress them self for stiff shoulder.

• Like 5

Best advice I can ever give; step mothers, don't take the apple from them;

the dragon, he hates it when you fail to deliver at least one maiden per lunar cycle;

the gnomish refugee problem, don't allow independent press to film your "solutions" to this problem, huge legal implications with The Hague;

pixy fairy spleens, they can't be stored at room temperature in a humid climate such as the Swamps of Naz'ghul'tannin on the North Eastern face of Mount Halskabarr near the ruins of Aandrisnil'li; cats make terrible lawyers;

when dating a potential mate take them to dinner and see how they treat the wait staff, this is a great way to judge how they will act to those who have no power to harm them back;

the apes of Gnandiznaa make shoddy kilts and you should never order them wholesale from those guys, no matter how good the price they offer is;

when feasting on chihuahua tacos (or enchihuadas con queso) don't do so around animal lovers or people with cameras;

you can't buy The Pearl of Saaldinjanaar from that shady looking guy known as Dog Bum behind 7-11 at 3:41pm on a vaguely rainy Thursday, it will be a fake, strangely, IKR?;

treating others with love and respect while honestly listening to everything that they say is a good way to form meaningful and lasting relationships that can weather good and bad times;

don't build your subterranean torturer pits by Slagminnstiaa Bay, they will flood every high tide and they smell of Carnal Crabs will not be removed by vinegar, don't believe Judy the Realtor on this one.

More advice to follow after a brief nap, breakfast and coffee.

Love, Bubbly

• Like 3

All joking aside from above responses....silly people :lol:

I don't think this is a bad idea. I have some questions I would probably ask if I could.

Well here is a safe place to ask away! The good thing is no one knows any details about you personally so it's pretty much anonymous and all that good stuff. Disregard the silly posts. If you have a question - shoot! :)

• Like 2

I do have a genuine question of a health related matter that some of the older members may be able to help me with... would it be appropriate to ask? What topics are ok and what are off limits?

• Like 1

I just want to give She-ra a big thumbs up for starting this topic, and I hope it goes well! :tsu:

As for advice, if age is a factor I'm in!

LOL

• Like 1

A question to Older Member: Even I like to know, usually when you hit by health issues which is so obvious in older age, do you rethink of your youth and feel like that you could have avoided in your earlier age or felt it could have handled in a different manner?

• Like 1

Just so everyone knows, please don't solicit medical advice.

2h. Medical advice: Do not use the site to request or offer medical advice, speak to your doctor instead.

Honestly, medical problems really need to be discussed with your doctor.

• Like 4

I do have a genuine question of a health related matter that some of the older members may be able to help me with... would it be appropriate to ask? What topics are ok and what are off limits?

Thanks for that Lilly!

I think anything that Lilly says above there covers it. Anything that should be doctors advice and all that.

Edited by She-ra

A question to Older Member: Even I like to know, usually when you hit by health issues which is so obvious in older age, do you rethink of your youth and feel like that you could have avoided in your earlier age or felt it could have handled in a different manner?

Sure! I often think I should have started eating better and healthier. Also, I wish I started using this one moisturizer earlier in life. :lol: I can think of a number of things I would have wished I thought of (or knew about) when I was younger.

Please don't hate on me for this - but I don't think this thread is a very good idea.

It's nice to think we are all open-minded and welcome advice from any source, and many people here might be just that, but this is not a clinical forum. Advice regarding "issues" seems to me to be drifting into that domain, however. And 'clinical' doesn't have to refer to medical or pharmaceutical topics - behavioural applies also (and maybe other fields.)

If the site administration sees fit to allow this thread, then that's fine, but I would advise a great deal of caution when replying to any 'advice required' enquiries.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 2

Moisturizer! Hope your skin still remain smooth (praying to god :nw: )

Thanks Lilly, Shera already mentioned no suggestions with drugs, but hope we can discuss in general.

I have a question. My son is a teenager but has graduated from High School. His birthday is in 9 days and I'm banging my head against the wall trying to figure out something for his birthday. He loves all things technology related. He has a PS4 but hasn't been playing lately and has loaned it to a friend. So no games. He likes cologne (ugh not again tho) and he loves music. He's in school part time and works part time. Is there anything new and cool you all can think of for me to get him for his birthday? I don't want to spend too much. Max would be around $200USD. He said he would be happy with just money :( I'd rather give him something other than cold hard cash. Any suggestions?

I have a question. My son is a teenager but has graduated from High School. His birthday is in 9 days and I'm banging my head against the wall trying to figure out something for his birthday. He loves all things technology related. He has a PS4 but hasn't been playing lately and has loaned it to a friend. So no games. He likes cologne (ugh not again tho) and he loves music. He's in school part time and works part time. Is there anything new and cool you all can think of for me to get him for his birthday? I don't want to spend too much. Max would be around $200USD. He said he would be happy with just money :( I'd rather give him something other than cold hard cash. Any suggestions?

An application form for U.S. Marine Corps?

Smart watch,

Clothes,

Footwear,

Taekwondo lessons,

surveillance equipment,

Jewellery (chain/bracelet),

Tattoo,

Beer,

Utility knife,

Speedball,

Philosophical literature,

Padlocks,

Tazer,

Duck tape,

Candles,

Rope,

Cd's

Fifa '15 for playstation

grooming set,

A parrot,

Night vision goggles,

Any fragrance from Paco Rabanne

thats the kinda things i would appreciate as a teenager

.....oh and get a padded helmet for your head and the wall :)

Edited by Father Merrin
  • Like 1

You're recommending stalker gear...? :blink:

Haha! No....thats the kinda things young men like! Gadgets and "man stuff"

Trust me! I was a teenage boy once!

• Like 1