Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

I succeeded in creating a Tulpa

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#46    HawkLord

HawkLord

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• I reserve the right to change my mind when better and more accurate info becomes available.

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

View PostPostulant, on 29 October 2008 - 05:05 PM, said:

haha have i met him, yeah we go for beers quite often
I wondered where he went when he wasnt on my shoulder. :devil:

The rocks in my head fill the holes in yours.

It is easy to spout the wisdom of others when you have none of your own.

Insult me all you like but remember that i have a sword.

#47    karlharr

karlharr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

hi, i have heard of others doing this, i heard they can leave there creators and can kind of, ......im not sure how to put this... but kind of haunt people like ghosts.... this may seem far fetched but i believe that it is possible to do this.

#48    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,883 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

My cousin and I created a tulpa around 1977 or 78.  We played out in the woods together inventing adventures for ourselves and made up a half human half cat creature named Catamus to be our adversary.  One night we both saw our imaginary cat guy and freaked out.  We stoped playing that game promptly but continued to have sightings of the creature for a few weeks.  

I know, sounds like BS but after not seeing eachother for decades we recently spoke and Catamus came up in the coversation.  We were both like "we imagined that right?"  But we both agree that although kids have vivid imaginations that we both beleive we saw our imaginary character become a solid real entity.

#49    eight bits

eight bits

• 6,481 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

It's always good to see this thread again.

Welcome aboard, karlharr. If you look at some of the other threads mentioned in post # 36, I think you'll get a sense that that is why so many people are interested in this phenomenon. It is a candidate explanation for a lot of different things that are reported around here.

Oversword

Both you and your cousin should write up your experiences. As you can see from the rest of the thread, there are very few reports about this with much detail. The best reports are probably the "Philip experiment" examples, but those lack the spontaneity of yours. It would be of great value to a lot of people if you shared your experiences.
-

Edited by eight bits, 12 April 2012 - 05:48 PM.

Posted Image

#50    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,994 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

View Posteight bits, on 12 April 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Welcome aboard, karlharr. If you look at some of the other threads mentioned in post # 36, I think you'll get a sense that that is why so many people are interested in this phenomenon. It is a candidate explanation for a lot of different things that are reported around here.

Oversword

Both you and your cousin should write up your experiences. As you can see from the rest of the thread, there are very few reports about this with much detail. The best reports are probably the "Philip experiment" examples, but those lack the spontaneity of yours. It would be of great value to a lot of people if you shared your experiences.
-
I'm interested aswell. I have encountered a few people that have unwittingly done this to themselves and are convinced a demon is after them.  I will encounter more, so i need as much info as possible to effectively help these people. I know a psychologist might be a better option for them but for many  that is not an option.

I want to explore this topic to it's fullest.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#51    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

It exists only if you can touch it, and it can moves objects around (like ghost?)

#52    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

Supposedly,a true tulpa can only be created by a master .Someone who is a master of the Bon Tibetan traditions.
And it is only in very rare cases,where the tulpa does not rebel,and either the tulpa or the creator,dies.
I personally,even find this kind of work,to be of a very dangerous nature,and i tend to be stupidly fearless when it comes to dealing with the very dangerous.
I find playing with rakshasi less dangerous,than creating a tulpa.

Miss me?

#53    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 16,040 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

View Posteight bits, on 12 April 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

I had a thought about tulpas, eb, and wanted to throw this in your direction to "brain storm" a bit.

The hypothesis is that concentrated mental effort can influence the reality that surrounds us, and on some levels that is known to be true - ethics and morality are (weak) examples of that. In the case of the tulpa, this hypothesis suggests the creation of a kind of symbiotic or parasitic consciousness - but still a consciousness apparently linked to/with it's creator(s).

Taking this hypothesis a bit further, can we propose the possibility of such mental effort modifying an already existing consciousness? Without 'Godwinning' the thread, my thoughts about this centred on Adolf Hitler. Much of the global perception of Hitler during the late 30's/early 40's up to his death, was of him as a megalomaniac, a madman and thoroughly 'evil'. What if he became that because such a number of people truly thought/believed that was him?

This fits nicely in line with the hypothesis of tulpas, and adds a new facet to this hypothesis of reality-altering thought.

Edited by Leonardo, 13 April 2012 - 11:47 AM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#54    eight bits

eight bits

• 6,481 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Simbi Laveau

The OP, Shirley, hasn't been around for a while, and this is an old thread. I think Shirley's use of the word tulpa was as an umbrella term that would include any sort of realistically experienced, apparently autonomous personal being whose existence begins with something one or more of the spectators did.

That would include the Tibetan kind, the original source of the word, and she definitely accepted the various Western "Philip experiments" in her category. Those were collectively produced by people who were doing fairly ordinary things. Literally, a class project. I don't know anything much about rakshasi, to judge where they fit into the picture she had in mind.

Leo

Much of the global perception of Hitler during the late 30's/early 40's up to his death, was of him as a megalomaniac, a madman and thoroughly 'evil'. What if he became that because such a number of people truly thought/believed that was him?
I think there were psychological dimensions to both of the last century's world wars, and a lot of dark things were unleashed from a lot of people at once. There may have been some kind of psychic or psychological "push me pull you" dynamics going on.

Maybe instead of making a tulpa, the major actors collectively, involuntarily, made a worldwide catastrophe of unprecedented horror instead?

Posted Image

#55    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• Banned
  • 4,200 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:16 AM

Does a tulpa manifest physically?

Did anyone watch the documentary with the Buddhist monk who created one? Its from 2008 I think.

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#56    sandlot

sandlot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

This is without a doubt the weirdest s**t I have ever read.

#57    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,994 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

Could it be this is a form of OCD?

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#58    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 16,040 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 17 April 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

Could it be this is a form of OCD?

You mean, you posting on a forum?

I suppose it could be, Seeker, but it seems quite a harmless manifestation of the neurosis so I wouldn't worry too much.  :P

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

#59    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,994 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 17 April 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

You mean, you posting on a forum?

I suppose it could be, Seeker, but it seems quite a harmless manifestation of the neurosis so I wouldn't worry too much.  :P
Me? I was speaking of the tulpa? People can create some wacky mental programs with OCD.

If you were speaking of my 8 or 9 posts per day. Well what can I say, the iPhone makes it easy. 2 or three in the morning while sitting in bed.... Maby another when I take a crap, a few more while waiting to pick up my kid, a few more while waiting for my classes to start a few more just before bed. My mind cannot not stand being idol, I really have no intrest in television, and I spend 90% of my time with 4-10 year olds. I think I have only used a computer to post on un 2 or three times. OCD... Na....ADD.... Most definantly.

Bruce Lee-

#60    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 16,040 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 17 April 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

Me? I was speaking of the tulpa? People can create some wacky mental programs with OCD.

If you were speaking of my 8 or 9 posts per day. Well what can I say, the iPhone makes it easy. 2 or three in the morning while sitting in bed.... Maby another when I take a crap, a few more while waiting to pick up my kid, a few more while waiting for my classes to start a few more just before bed. My mind cannot not stand being idol, I really have no intrest in television, and I spend 90% of my time with 4-10 year olds. I think I have only used a computer to post on un 2 or three times. OCD... Na....ADD.... Most definantly.

:lol:

I was having a wee joke with you, Seeker. UM can become a bit of an obsession!  :P

I don't know about OCD, but it seems to me that those who claim to have manifested a tulpa do so after an extended period of self-imposed 'mental/psychological isolation'. Maybe we can make some parallels with other behaviours brought on by isolation - such as cabin-fever?

Edited by Leonardo, 18 April 2012 - 08:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users