Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

profile pic upload difficulties


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    KmKizmet

KmKizmet

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined:18 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:My book.

  • Now, he really did lose his marbles...

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:14 AM

Well, here I am again, the lost kid trying to work this site lol.
I cant seem to upload a picture for my profile pic at all that I have taken on my ipod touch. i've even gotten it on my computer to load it but it's either the wrong format or too big..
I can't figure out how to do this at all... I'd appreciate the help

~Wirescale~

#2    third_eye

third_eye

    _ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

  • Member
  • 7,251 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

  • "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

View PostKmKizmet, on 12 April 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

Well, here I am again, the lost kid trying to work this site lol.
I cant seem to upload a picture for my profile pic at all that I have taken on my ipod touch. i've even gotten it on my computer to load it but it's either the wrong format or too big..
I can't figure out how to do this at all... I'd appreciate the help

profile pictures are limited to size ....  in pixels and or bytes
use the resize function with any photo editing software ...
I've not used an ipod touch before but its probably much the same
If the problem is the format you just need to save it in a format that is acceptable ... jpg or jpeg is the safest bet

pixels = dimensions ( height X width )
bytes = data size in kilobytes ( Kb ) or bytes

Edited by third_eye, 12 April 2013 - 01:28 AM.

Quote

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer


#3    KmKizmet

KmKizmet

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined:18 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:My book.

  • Now, he really did lose his marbles...

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 12 April 2013 - 01:26 AM, said:

profile pictures are limited to size ....  in pixels and or bytes
use the resize function with any photo editing software ...
I've not used an ipod touch before but its probably much the same
If the problem is the format you just need to save it in a format that is acceptable ... jpg or jpeg is the safest bet

pixels = dimensions ( height X width )
bytes = data size in kilobytes ( Kb ) or bytes


I see that should be of some help thanks

Edited by KmKizmet, 12 April 2013 - 01:30 AM.

~Wirescale~

#4    third_eye

third_eye

    _ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

  • Member
  • 7,251 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

  • "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

View PostKmKizmet, on 12 April 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

I see that should be of some help thanks

you're welcome and good luck

Quote

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer


#5    shrooma

shrooma

    .. Pint Pot Politician.

  • Member
  • 3,506 posts
  • Joined:14 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:leeds, UK.

  • Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

can someone tell me the maximum sizes allowed for profile pics please?
i'm trying to upload an image but it's saying it's too big, but it's smaller in size & kb than other pics i've posted and are a little confused.....

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bth due to your lack of understanding.

#6    third_eye

third_eye

    _ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

  • Member
  • 7,251 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

  • "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

View Postshrooma, on 28 May 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

can someone tell me the maximum sizes allowed for profile pics please?
i'm trying to upload an image but it's saying it's too big, but it's smaller in size & kb than other pics i've posted and are a little confused.....

500 pix wide ... height is tolerant to 650 as far as i know .... 250KB and under in my experience ... and maybe its the file format ...

it doesn't tell you why ... just 'no you don't'  :lol:

just eliminate one at a time ... file size ... then width then height pixels ....

good luck ...

Quote

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer


#7    shrooma

shrooma

    .. Pint Pot Politician.

  • Member
  • 3,506 posts
  • Joined:14 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:leeds, UK.

  • Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

thanks 3i!
I can't do anything as sophisticated as edit photo's with my phone. in fact, its most advanced feature is a little flap at the back you lift up to shovel coal into to make it work!
the largest file size for the pics is 189kb, ('cept for the good pics of my artwork which are all annoyingly 350+kb!) so pixel size must be the issue.
*sob*

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bth due to your lack of understanding.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users