Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Yes: there will be an EU In / Out referendum

eu referendum cameron

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#76    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,651 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 28 January 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Yet the French see it as okay to attack Britain's financial sector and the City of London.
The CAP feeds people, the City destroys livelyhoods. Why would we protect the city when it has been the ruin of the greater British Economy.
Last time I looked it was the main cause of the financial collapse and the ongoing fraud in the fianacial sector.

Are you a banker by any chance.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius, 28 January 2013 - 04:40 PM.

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#77    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 28 January 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

The CAP feeds people

The CAP gives more money to inefficient and extremely rich French farmers than the amount that is given to poor African farmers.  It's disgusting and I don't want my money to contribute to it any longer.  My hatred for the CAP - which accounts for 40% of the EUSSR's total spending - grows larger whenever I picture those smug but inefficient French farmers on that BBC documentary a few years ago who were cockily and sarcastically thanking the British taxpaying mugs who fund their extravagant lifestyles of fast sports cars and holidays in Marseille, whilst the British taxpayer gives less money to starving farmers in the Third World.

Why would we protect the city

Because the City of London accounts for 2.4% of the UK's GDP and we have every right to defend it.  We'd never hear the end of it were the British out to destroy such a large sector of the French economy.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 28 January 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#78    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 28 January 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

Considering China is expected to grow by 8% in 2013.

Meanwhile, it is forecast that the GDP of the Eurozone (which, mercifully, Britain isn't a part of) is to shrink by 0.5% this year.

#79    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,746 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 28 January 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

Meanwhile, it is forecast that the GDP of the Eurozone (which, mercifully, Britain isn't a part of) is to shrink by 0.5% this year.

they say - the experts that the euro zone will take 10 years to turn things around, how different will the EU/Eurozone look in ten years time. Greece is actually in a depression and has been for the last 6 years. :w00t:  this is the mess the prosperous members have to fix and are expected to fix. - that is one of the main reasons we should leave ASAP. let the likes of Germany, France hand over their tax payers money time and time again. they'll soon get fed up. look at the eurozone members. its going to take a century to bring their economies of the lesser countries to a level that is remotely comparable to the EU giants. -The EU is trying to strive forward pulling ten tonne of dead weight behind them.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#80    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,048 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 29 January 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

they say - the experts that the euro zone will take 10 years to turn things around, how different will the EU/Eurozone look in ten years time. Greece is actually in a depression and has been for the last 6 years. :w00t:  this is the mess the prosperous members have to fix and are expected to fix. - that is one of the main reasons we should leave ASAP. let the likes of Germany, France hand over their tax payers money time and time again. they'll soon get fed up. look at the eurozone members. its going to take a century to bring their economies of the lesser countries to a level that is remotely comparable to the EU giants. -The EU is trying to strive forward pulling ten tonne of dead weight behind them.

Then perhaps the ECB shouldn´t have handed over 37,4 Billion Euros of bailout money to UK Banks.

#81    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,746 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 29 January 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

Then perhaps the ECB shouldn´t have handed over 37,4 Billion Euros of bailout money to UK Banks.

Yes but lets tell people the fully story, this 37.4 Billion to UK banks the loans never come to UK mainland, the loans from the ECB are for the exposure to the British banks, with operations in mainland Europe. they applied for the loan which was to cover their operations in Europe.

British Banks NEVER loaned money for their UK operations. - people could and will confuse the two, because it looks like the ECB were bailing out the UK, which is simply not true and why i feel i have to point this out- in short the British banks who operate in Europe received ECB money to cover their exposure and operations in european countries and eurozone areas only. -  i bet that as burst some peoples bubbles.

Again. the banks who borrowed the ECB money done so to cover their exposure in Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Netherlands etc...........Not the UK. i hope Keith and Questionmark never thought they were bailing out the UK. easy mistake to make when your off the boil.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#82    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,611 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 29 January 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

Yes but lets tell people the fully story, this 37.4 Billion to UK banks the loans never come to UK mainland, the loans from the ECB are for the exposure to the British banks, with operations in mainland Europe. they applied for the loan which was to cover their operations in Europe.

British Banks NEVER loaned money for their UK operations. - people could and will confuse the two, because it looks like the ECB were bailing out the UK, which is simply not true and why i feel i have to point this out- in short the British banks who operate in Europe received ECB money to cover their exposure and operations in european countries and eurozone areas only. -  i bet that as burst some peoples bubbles.

Again. the banks who borrowed the ECB money done so to cover their exposure in Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Netherlands etc...........Not the UK. i hope Keith and Questionmark never thought they were bailing out the UK. easy mistake to make when your off the boil.

You make that protecting British banks against going bankrupt due to their self incurred exposition is not bailing them out? Can you send me a copy of your dictionary?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#83    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,048 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 29 January 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

In short the UK Banks were Bailed Out by the ECB for their poor, almost criminal, lending within Europe? Still a "Bail Out" in anybody´s book.

The only "bubble" that has burst is the Financial "Bubble" that the UK Banks never saw coming, along with the rest of the World´s Banking Institutions.

Edited by keithisco, 29 January 2013 - 07:49 PM.

#84    smurf0852

smurf0852

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

it is pointless discussing this with the England flag waving types because we won the war don't you know tally ho chocks away .
arguing with this bunch of europhile   little Englanders is like trying to tell fire not to get hot .

#85    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

View Postsmurf0852, on 30 January 2013 - 01:35 AM, said:

it is pointless discussing this with the England flag waving types because we won the war don't you know tally ho chocks away .
arguing with this bunch of europhile   little Englanders is like trying to tell fire not to get hot .

Johnny Englander and proud of it,I love my Country not the EUSSR.

Oh and I love Canada as well.

Edited by shaddow134, 30 January 2013 - 06:04 AM.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#86    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,048 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

It appears that France, Italy, Poland, and Greece will refuse to re - negotiate terms with the UK, which require unanimity within the EU for agreement.

This means that any further pronouncements from Cameron, any details, any taking back of powers that he presents in the run - up to the next election, will just be pointless hot - air. There will be no presentation in 2017 (assumes his re-election) of renegotiated terms therefore, no referendum, because he left enough "wriggle room" to get out of this "pledge".

He is just as cynical as all the other Politicians in Governm,ent down the ages

#87    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,359 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Of course they refuse to negotiate, until they negotiate.  Cameron understand all that.

#88    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,048 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Cameron actually does not understand EU sentiment towards the UK. They would like nothing better than to leave the idiot with egg on his face for promising something he cant deliver

#89    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,359 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

I suspect he understands things perfectly well.  People like him are not idiots, much as losers in the general public may like to persuade themselves they are.

#90    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,651 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 30 January 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

I suspect he understands things perfectly well.  People like him are not idiots, much as losers in the general public may like to persuade themselves they are.
He has made a pledge which he knew when he made it, he would never have to deliver on.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

Also tagged with eu, referendum, cameron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users